Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 82
  1. #21  
    Excellent!! Can not wait to see if this pans out.
  2. #22  
    great! news like this sound better when its from you DarthP
  3. #23  
    Thanks Pooh. Anxious for updates now. Thanks aero also for your insight. I would be a really happy Goat if it came around my birthday. (4/23) What if that is when Premier customers could get it.

    Let a Goat dream darnit!
  4. #24  
    Oh I can't wait for some blurry cam live action videos!
  5. #25  
    ^ Me too!!! Even though we have many high-def demo videos... There's just something about those blurry cam videos that gets me all excited!!!
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post
    ^ Me too!!! Even though we have many high-def demo videos... There's just something about those blurry cam videos that gets me all excited!!!
    Yep....it's the difference between seeing a Goat in the Zoo, or seeing a Goat out in the wild, eating and mating....lol....well you get the idea. Sorry, had to make a joke on my friend Goats expense!
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Yep....it's the difference between seeing a Goat in the Zoo, or seeing a Goat out in the wild, eating and mating....lol....well you get the idea. Sorry, had to make a joke on my friend Goats expense!
    Haw! We don't mate my friend. We eat enough trash until we can simply throw up an offspring. You gotta study up on my kind my friend!

    We just need a real release date. That release date should be in April IMO. I know everything Palm should do... And releasing the Pre within the month is one of the things they SHOULD do.

    Maybe I should look into being the CEO of Palm.
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
  8.    #28  
    He still doesn't have his unit yet... either this week or next per his Palm rep (he said when he was named advocate, he was shocked the ETA for the devices were so soon). There is still no release date for the PRE, but it appears the previous "blackout" information only applies to management and not sales associates (per the advocate).
  9. gbp
    gbp is offline
    gbp's Avatar
    Posts
    2,506 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    He still doesn't have his unit yet... either this week or next per his Palm rep (he said when he was named advocate, he was shocked the ETA for the devices were so soon). There is still no release date for the PRE, but it appears the previous "blackout" information only applies to management and not sales associates (per the advocate).
    Thanks Pooh,
    Your friend can answer in a politically and legally correct way saying ,
    "He would be excited to see the phone this Tuesday".
    "He wish the phones were stacked up in SPRINT Store".
    "He wish he can take vacation during the May 17th time".

    Anyways , this is great news,
    I can't wait for this thing.
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    He still doesn't have his unit yet... either this week or next per his Palm rep (he said when he was named advocate, he was shocked the ETA for the devices were so soon). There is still no release date for the PRE, but it appears the previous "blackout" information only applies to management and not sales associates (per the advocate).
    Wow, that's exciting news! I wonder if reviewers will be getting units to review in the same time frame. Does anyone know when reviewers tend to get theirs?
  11. samid's Avatar
    Posts
    194 Posts
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    It might already have it. No way to tell.
    cant we tell by looking for palm filings on the FCC website? Engadget usually does a nice roundup every friday and nothing Palm has shown up.
  12. #32  
    Darth pooth comin thorugh with some good info. Very nice.
    da Gimp

    Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Wow, that's exciting news! I wonder if reviewers will be getting units to review in the same time frame. Does anyone know when reviewers tend to get theirs?
    Sometimes never at all. Palm is acting very out of character, so it's anyone's guess at this point.

    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    Thanks Pooh,
    Your friend can answer in a politically and legally correct way saying ,
    "He would be excited to see the phone this Tuesday".
    "He wish the phones were stacked up in SPRINT Store".
    "He wish he can take vacation during the May 17th time".

    Anyways , this is great news,
    I can't wait for this thing.
    Not sure if he has an NDA at this point (or if he will at all), what I do know is that he is happier than a fat kid in a candy store.

    My other friend is already done his BETA testing of his device and his NDA expires sometime in July (not a sign of anything, just can't talk about his experience as a BT until then).

    Quote Originally Posted by samid View Post
    cant we tell by looking for palm filings on the FCC website? Engadget usually does a nice roundup every friday and nothing Palm has shown up.
    They could have requested the documents be held until a specific date, not uncommon. I'm willing to bet it's been approved for quite some time now.
  14. gbp
    gbp is offline
    gbp's Avatar
    Posts
    2,506 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    #34  
    Gracious miester Pooh,
    "what I do know is that he is happier than a fat kid in a candy store."

    I like the coded message.
  15. #35  
    Ok I don't want to sound like another "I called Sprint CSR" type of post - but telesales just called me to ask if I was still interested in the PRO. I said no thank you - I'm actually waiting for the Pre. The telesales guy laughed and said "yeah we're all waiting for it." So I figured I might as well ask some questions while I was on the phone (heck it got me out of my meeting so goody goody)

    1. What's the latest word on the Pre?
    "Our supervisors advised us to be available for May to handle all support questions after the launch date"

    2. So if you need to be there in May, that means it would have already launched sometime this month?
    "I cannot give you specifics on launch date sir - I'm sorry we don't have the specific date. I was asked by my supervisor to not discuss trainings but it looks like we are most likely expecting to launch by end of this month"


    Yeah yeah grain of salt. Just thought I'd share
  16. dtokarz's Avatar
    Posts
    371 Posts
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    #36  
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by dtokarz View Post
    Nice! First wild shot?
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
  18. #38  
    So in the next two weeks... Hm. Wonder what big shows they could debut the commercials for it on? NBA playoffs?
    Treo 650p --> Treo 755p --> Pre
  19. #39  
    I can only speak about my experience with Palm and review units. As Darth said it's anyone's guess. Palm sent me the Sprint Treo 755p, Unlocked 680, Sprint Centro, and Sprint Treo Pro before the official release date (it was only a few days before the date, and NDA's were signed). The Verizon 755p, Unlocked Centro, unlocked 750 were a few days after the official release. Palm is VERY tight lipped about the Pre. I still can't believe that they managed to keep it from being leaked before the CES announcement.

    I'm sure if Sprint stores start getting them in we'll start seeing new threads popping up here with pictures to fan the flames until they're officially available.
    Jimmie Geddes
  20. Nells's Avatar
    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by dtokarz View Post
    Darn I just posted that
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions