1.    #1  
    Hello all,

I am a noob and this is my first post so I apologize if I post this in the wrong place

Let me start off by letting everyone know, I am a former, Nokia, Sony Ericsson, (unfortunately I had the p900 LOL) etc. Palm and most recently a blackberry user. As you can see I have had many phones and been with just about every carrier. Out of all of them, I really liked my bb curve or so I thought and I was with t-mobile for 5 years until recently. My entire family has been with Sprint and we have the family unlimited plan now but for years my father tried to coerce me to join Sprint but I wouldn't hear of it. Not just bc of their poor customer service but as u can see I had my fair share of GSM phones so I liked the option that I could always get an unlocked version of that phone, pop in my sim card and off I go and repeat the process over and over in full circle til my bank account got depleted and my devices would not sell worth squat on ebay bc they were outdated. So long story short, here I am with Sprint curveless and probably using the most non technological phone ever lol some free POS my dad gave me so I'm not gonna complain lol. I always went through life looking for the next hottest phone with all the bells and whistles that the current one I was using was lacking but I never truly found my ULTIMATE phone until now...

After watching every video possible and spending countless hours on here and Palm I truly believe in my heart that the Palm Pre, (I still can't believe Palm is producing this by the way or that I am saying this lol) but the Palm Pre has exceeded my hopes and expectations bc I had none especially from Palm. I entertained the idea of an iphone for quite some time but the idea of no multi tasking not to mention the steep AT&T contracts NO THANKS!!! lol For once, I think this is a phone I will use at least throughout my contract LOL I once had a Palm Pilot so I am not a total noob lol but my question to all of you is HOW MUCH LONGER DO WE HAVE TO WAIT??? LOL

On a serious note, I have a few questions for you Treonauts or Prenauts as I will call you

1) Will the new Web OS take ALOT of getting used to? I like to consider myself tech savvy but I am in no way a developer

2) I have never had a full touchscreen device, I mean dont get me wrong I have used the P900 or a Palm Pilot but I'm used to my curve and i am concerned with the fact that I don't know how i will react to everything needing a gesture, or a swipe, or a flick ... Does anyone else feel that way?

3) I am about to throw this FREE samsung out the window but I need a phone so I am using this POS but should I get an instinct in the mean time or even a Centro to get used to the whole Palm thing but then I will have to use my phone upgrade which I havent used yet and was planning on using it on the Pre?

4) I have seen all the videos possible for this device and can't even remember how many times I visited Sprint and Palms websites, but I am curious as to know how does media look on the Pre. I have a 16 gb ipod touch and i am fine with having 2 devices to carry around but would you say the amazon store is comprable to itunes and is 8gb enough for me for a few flicks and some music?

5) With this new Web OS will there be alot of developmental support, someone recently told me that Palm has the fewest developers looking to develop apps for the Pre. I don't know how accurate that statement is but I would like to know will we at least have more apps than fandango, and flightview? lol

That's it for now and I am excited to join your community! I was with crackberry for awhile and met Kevin personally so I decided to take the plunge and join. I hope you all don't mind even though I'm palmless for the moment LOL
    Last edited by preman2be913; 04/11/2009 at 03:55 PM.
    Is this the post?

Quote Originally Posted by preman2be913 View Post
    Hello all,

I am a noob and this is my first post so I apologize if I post this in the wrong place

Let me start off by letting everyone know, I am a former, Nokia, Sony Ericsson, (unfortunately I had the p900 LOL) etc, Palm and most recently a blackberry user. As you can see I have had many phones and been with just about every carrier. Out of all of them, I really liked my bb curve or so I thought and I was with t-mobile for 5 years until recently. My entire family has been with Sprint and we have the family unlimited plan now but for years my father tried to coerce me to join Sprint but I wouldn't hear of it. Not just bc of their poor customer service but as u can see I had my fair share of GSM phones so I liked the option that I could always get an unlocked version of that phone, pop in my sim card and off I go and repeat the process over and over in full circle til my bank account got depleted and my devices would not sell worth squat on ebay bc they were outdated. So long story short, here I am with Sprint curveless and probably using the most non technological phone ever lol some free POS my dad gave me so I'm not gonna complain lol. I always went through life looking for the next hottest phone with all the bells and whistles that the current one I was using was lacking but I never truly found my ULTIMATE phone until now...

After watching every video possible and spending countless hours on here and Palm I truly believe in my heart that the Palm Pre, (I still can't believe Palm is producing this by the way or that I am saying this lol) but the Palm Pre has exceeded my hopes and expectations bc I had none especially from Palm. I entertained the idea of an iphone for quite some time but the idea of no multi tasking not to mention the steep AT&T contracts NO THANKS!!! lol For once, I think this is a phone I will use at least throughout my contract LOL I once had a Palm Pilot so I am not a total noob lol but my question to all of you is HOW MUCH LONGER DO WE HAVE TO WAIT??? LOL

On a serious note, I have a few questions for you Treonauts or Prenauts as I will call you

1) Will the new Web OS take ALOT of getting used to? I like to consider myself tech savvy but I am in no way a developer

2) I have never had a full touchscreen device, I mean dont get me wrong I have used the P900 or a Palm Pilot but I'm used to my curve and i am concerned with the fact that I don't know how i will react to everything needing a gesture, or a swipe, or a flick ... Does anyone else feel that way?

3) I am about to throw this FREE samsung out the window but I need a phone so I am using this POS but should I get an instinct in the mean time or even a Centro to get used to the whole Palm thing but then I will have to use my phone upgrade which I havent used yet and was planning on using it on the Pre?

4) I have seen all the videos possible for this device and can't even remember how many times I visited Sprint and Palms websites, but I am curious as to know how does media look on the Pre. I have a 16 gb ipod touch and i am fine with having 2 devices to carry around but would you say the amazon store is comprable to itunes and is 8gb enough for me for a few flicks and some music?

5) With this new Web OS will there be alot of developmental support, someone recently told me that Palm has the fewest developers looking to develop apps for the Pre. I don't know how accurate that statement is but I would like to know will we at least have more apps than fandango, and flightview? lol

That's it for now and I am excited to join your community! I was with crackberry for awhile and met Kevin personally so I decided to take the plunge and join. I hope you all don't mind even though I'm palmless for the moment LOL
    Just call me Berd.
  3.    #3  
    OMG yes Bird you're a GENIUS! Where did it come from? How did u do that? lol
    I'll be right back.
    I'm at my Treo for the moment.
  5.    #5  
    can I repost it with a diff title since 111 people couldnt read it or comment on it? lol
    Please don't. It is already visible right now.
    @preman2b913

looks like you owe berdinkerdickle lunch!! haha!!
    Sincerely,

Dwight Shrute
  8.    #8  
    lunch? more like a five course meal LMAO
    I did nothing except quote preman's post.
    Ronbo fixed it.

Thanks for the thought though.
    Just call me Berd.
    And to answer the question simply, I bet this is as about as user friendly a phone as has ever been created. A. It's Palm. But B. the intended audience seems to be, well, a few yards short of the typical biz user I'm sad to say. They seem to be aiming at the current ADD generation with all the synergy hoola and cloud wowwa rather than a freakin' desktop synch with a card that can be password protected. So that said, it'll probably be easier to use out of the box than any Palm has ever been.
    Just my .02 but RUN, don't walk, from the Instinct. Had one and upgraded to the Curve (which I loved, but got bored with) Now I have the Treo Pro.
    Your asking a lot of questions that are just unknown at present.

BTW..this is a totally new OS and hardware. Previous experience with palms does you no good and a lack of doesn't make you a noob.

You've seen the videos and that's about the extent of what is known. The best advice is to get it, try it out, and decide for yourself as many of us will be doing. It's also unknown right now what apps will be ready at launch.
    For gods sake,...don't buy a phone to tie you over until the Pre comes out. It won't be that much longer, just a few more weeks. Just keep your POS and then bless the day that you get your Pre.
    ^ Very true. Just hold over until the Pre comes out. It's better than kicking yourself in the crotch because you're tied into a contract for a year while your friends show off the Pre all the time to you. Or paying 300+ the subsidy cost for one.

I happen to like my Curve a lot though. It really is a great phone. So I don't know what it's like to have a phone that I want to flush down the toilet while waiting for the Pre.
    Wow...you Texas Goats sure stay up late! Then again, it's 4am here.
    Well Manny... I bartend to get me through night school and to the woman and I (And of course all of my tech habits). I wake up at noon or 1pm... No earlier.

As slow as it may be in these forums at night, I'm still always on the prowl.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post
    Well Manny... I bartend to get me through night school and to the woman and I (And of course all of my tech habits). I wake up at noon or 1pm... No earlier.

As slow as it may be in these forums at night, I'm still always on the prowl.

hmm I will probably be up at 2pm here Gotta love sleeping through the day.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.