Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Why wouldnt it?

Man, this is a slow news day.
    What's a "visiting card"
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    I think he just wants some place to stash a business card: either when someone gives him one and he doesn't want to lose it, or maybe to put his own card so his contact information is readily available for someone who might find his lost phone.

It's also possible that he's worried about build quality and used the business card as a measure of how tight the gap is. Or maybe he's worried about a card getting lodged in there when carrying the Pre and business cards in the same pocket.

Sheesh--we'll speculate about anything around here!
    Come back Greenhex!! The suspense is killing us!!!!!!
    Sincerely,

Dwight Shrute
  6. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    I am sure he will use the business card aka visiting card to wipe the Coffee out.
    I will wait for his answer.
  7.    #27  
    Great stuff! You all have fun at my expense.

The reason, I asked is, the depression kind of bugs me every time I look at it... honest. I'm sure it is comfortable to type and and all that, but such a (physical) feature is soooo unexpected.

And guess what... since mobiles phones are slowly morphing into wallets, it's just to be expected that there is space to store stuff like money, loose change and visiting cards.

Last edited by GreenHex; 04/10/2009 at 02:45 PM. Reason: Added "guess what"
    I can see it already... everytime you want to use your keyboard you have to catch all the lose change and business cards you got stashed in there.

You can't be serious man!
  9. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    I will be following you to catch the loose change
    I hope you won't stash dollar bills.
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    I will be following you to catch the loose change
    I hope you won't stash dollar bills.
    Reminds me of my buddy...back a few years ago...he had this thing about going to the movies as early as possible so we'd be the first ones in the theater....not to get to pick the best seat, but so he can walk up and down every isle looking for change on the floor.
  11. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Reminds me of my buddy...back a few years ago...he had this thing about going to the movies as early as possible so we'd be the first ones in the theater....not to get to pick the best seat, but so he can walk up and down every isle looking for change on the floor.

I haven't tried that
  12. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    yet
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    The reason, I asked is, the depression kind of bugs me every time I look at it... .
    Still, what's that got to do with a "visiting card" ??
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    Great stuff! You all have fun at my expense.

The reason, I asked is, the depression kind of bugs me every time I look at it... honest. I'm sure it is comfortable to type and and all that, but such a (physical) feature is soooo unexpected.

And guess what... since mobiles phones are slowly morphing into wallets, it's just to be expected that there is space to store stuff like money, loose change and visiting cards.
    ok. I'm not gonna ridicule you at all since this is an open forum and everyone's welcome to post their ideas/thoughts whatever. Looking at it from your perspective - I can see how that depressed area looks strange - it was even addressed as an "issue" when the Pre was first introduced. However, from a designer's standpoint - I think it was necessary to have that depression to compensate for the raised keys during sliding. So in order for it to slide without rubbing on the keys - the recessed area was necessary - not so unexpected from that perspective.
    Quote Originally Posted by cary328is View Post
    ok. I'm not gonna ridicule you at all since this is an open forum and everyone's welcome to post their ideas/thoughts whatever. Looking at it from your perspective - I can see how that depressed area looks strange - it was even addressed as an "issue" when the Pre was first introduced. However, from a designer's standpoint - I think it was necessary to have that depression to compensate for the raised keys during sliding. So in order for it to slide without rubbing on the keys - the recessed area was necessary - not so unexpected from that perspective.
    You will know that you have little kids if one day you open your keyboard, and the recessed area is colored...
    Quote Originally Posted by miles4000 View Post
    I've heard them called a Calling Card but not a Visiting Card.
    Tks
    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    I can see it already... everytime you want to use your keyboard you have to catch all the lose change and business cards you got stashed in there.

You can't be serious man!
    as i read greenhex's post and then yours i immediately died laughing b/c you said EXACTLY what i was thinking!! oh but it wasn't the "lol" laughing, it was the "hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha" laughing....BIG DIFFERENCE!!
    Sincerely,

Dwight Shrute
    Well, you know........In addition to making room for the keys, if you take a side view at the device you'll notice why that depression is there. It's actually at both the top and bottom of the keyboard half of the 'stone'.

The 'face' of the device is more wedge shaped. While the keyboard half is canoed out to give the slide motion that subtle arc, instead of just a straight, typical, completely parallel, and otherwise boring slide. The bottom half alost 'craddles' the top half.

ha - I guess you could almost say they're...well, nevermind. I'll let someone else fill in the blank there.

Just check it in profile and you'll see exactly what I mean.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Renderhaus; 04/10/2009 at 07:11 PM.
    omg this was the funniest post ever.

"I can see it already... everytime you want to use your keyboard you have to catch all the lose change and business cards you got stashed in there.

You can't be serious man!"
    I think he was concerned that there would be a noticeable gap when the phone is open that would make it look unappealing.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast