Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    In lieu of real Palm Pre news, here's a case

From Engadget Mobile...

Not my thing though, I tend to get stuck on those with my clumsy hands.
    Yuck. Looks like rolling luggage. And if it's going to fully enclose the Pre with a clear front, why would it face in? Kinda dumb. I'll take a simple face out holster or face in if need be for when I need one.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    HID.E.OUS. if they're going to make it all tacky/plasticky, might as well go all the way & offer it in bright colors & graphics, so it looks intentional.
    My journey: PalmPilotPro->PalmPilotIIIx->Treo300->Treo600->Treo650->Treo755p->Pre->FrankenPre2
    Sorry, but i find it really tacky and tasteless.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    Ho..rr..i...b....l.....e...... ... .. . dot dot.....
  6.    #6  
    The point though is.... it's out there, meaning that Sprint or Palm, must have given them one to develop that hideous thing!
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    The point though is.... it's out there, meaning that Sprint or Palm, must have given them one to develop that hideous thing!
    oh yeah, the glass is half full & we're more than halfway to the end of the first half of 2009. woohoo!
    My journey: PalmPilotPro->PalmPilotIIIx->Treo300->Treo600->Treo650->Treo755p->Pre->FrankenPre2
    Heh. When commenting at PreCentral, I forgot to mention that the thing's kinda ugly. But yeah. It's kinda ugly.

But y'know, I tend to think anything like this is ugly. Translucency takes something away from the device. Transparency or opacity would be a better choice (aesthetically).
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    I'd take one. For free.
    It ruins the whole look of the Pre. I wouldn't buy it.
    A Goat wouldn't even wear that thing...

I guess I could hook it to my horns and have all the other Goats beat me up for looking like a punk.

Seriously though... That doesn't look too nice.
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    terrible, only Roger McNamee will buy this. it was probably his idea.
    I'm quite fond of the Palm leather pouch for the Pre. I think it's much classier than a plastic holster.
    well even a cheap pleather case would be classier than that holster. Holsters to me should be functional and playthrough, otherwise you might as well get a leather pouch.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Ick. I'll stick with my Nutshell, thank you very much.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    All right, I'll be the weird one. I actually like that holster. Sure the looks aren't the best, but I'm not sure I've ever seen a great looking holster anyway. I like the fact that BOTH sides of the Pre are protected. It also keeps the headphone jack, ringer switch, and side buttons accessible. I usually go for function over form, and this looks like it has good function.

Having said all that, though, I'll probably just put the Pre in my pocket. But if I need a case, this could be a contender.
    Sprint Treo 755p
    They come out with this, yet I can't get a word back from any of the Palm people on facebook about getting a dummy/demo or whatever to ProClip to actually make something useful like a induction charging car cradle.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    I'd have to handle the real thing to know if it would work for me.
  19. r2m
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    I'd take one. For free.
    I agree, but only because I tend to just toss my phone in my pocket and if I ever get this baby I'm going to try my best not to destroy it with accidental scratches.
    If the first few posts had been positive, everybody would be going ga-ga over this one.

I don't use cases, but if I did, this would be fine with me.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast