Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm talkin about the date they say "Hey, the Pre is available XX/XX/XX"

Does anyone have any speculation for this?

Are there any conferences coming up for sprint and palm?

People were talking about maybe a release date commercial being made during survivor? (I actually don't know what thats all about?)

I think one of the fun things is waiting for events to roll forward and roll past us. CTIA and Web2.0, were loads of fun to watch because we were waiting like little kids for santa to come down the chimney and bring us presents (in our case new info on apps/SDK/Release dates *cough*). That being said, is santa gonna come while we're asleep?

Sorry for the stupid pun, but maybe sprint will just spill the beans on some silly tuesday at midnight and leave our little yahoo, hotmail, gmail accounts with a golden treasure!!!!
  2. joelpalm
    This will just add a speculation to the speculation of the release date. No one knows. It is all speculation at this time. /end thread
    More speculation, but I hope they say something a bit more concrete than "1st half of 2009" around May 1. Because by then the deadline will be much closer than it was in January.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I speculate they'll announce it in a few months time. Yeah, definitely in the future.
    Meh.
    I'm not sure they're really going to announce too much of an advance release date. At this point, I just expect an "it'll be available next week" type thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I'm not sure they're really going to announce too much of an advance release date. At this point, I just expect an "it'll be available next week" type thing.
    I concur.
    they won't put a date out there because they're obviously not ready with it, and if they give a date, and miss it, it will look bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
    I speculate they'll announce it in a few months time. Yeah, definitely in the future.
    No way man...
    Treo 650p --> Treo 755p --> Pre
    I think they will give a date sometime within the 1st half of 2009
    IMO that's not a good move. They should give a more definite hint of the date to those who are looking to renew their contracts or switch carriers. Timing does matter in those cases and "1st half of year" is really too vague, especially since 3 months are gone.

HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    IMO that's not a good move. They should give a more definite hint of the date to those who are looking to renew their contracts or switch carriers. Timing does matter in those cases and "1st half of year" is really too vague, especially since 3 months are gone.
    Well, just releasing it without giving any advance warning more than a week or two is better than announcing a date and having it released late like the (Sprint) Treo Pro.

But I mean, basically we're looking at May or June now (early May would be my guess), and so I'd think that'd be good enough for those users to wait the month or two and see. If not, they probably weren't interested in the Pre in the first place.
  13. joelpalm
    You know its coming within the next 2 months, you know this as fact. So you are saying it would kill you to wait 2 months? you have a definite time. June 30th. Definitely by then. That's the official Palm word at this time. Glad I could solidify it for you!
    In my case, I'm on AT&T and the 3rd gen iPhone is coming in June or July. So it's either I get a release date soon or just not even bother and simply renew with AT&T, because we know that when Apple holds that conference on June 12 or whatever it is, that the iPhone will be released shortly afterwards(or they'll give a more definite release time than Palm). It's easier to stay because moving the last time was a hassle. Although that was several years ago so maybe it's easier to port now.

P.S. I should have said a more definite release date. "By June 30th" is indeed a release timetable but much too vague. The one good sign is ads are popping up.

P.P.S. I also think I could get a new number entirely on Sprint and not completely discontinue AT&T until I'm sure whether or not I can live with the Pre. Decisions, decisions, LOL!
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 04/10/2009 at 02:27 AM.

Well, just releasing it without giving any advance warning more than a week or two is better than announcing a date and having it released late like the (Sprint) Treo Pro.

But I mean, basically we're looking at May or June now (early May would be my guess), and so I'd think that'd be good enough for those users to wait the month or two and see. If not, they probably weren't interested in the Pre in the first place.

I'm hoping that May rumor posted in another thread is true also.

Quote Originally Posted by joelpalm View Post
    You know its coming within the next 2 months, you know this as fact. So you are saying it would kill you to wait 2 months? you have a definite time. June 30th. Definitely by then. That's the official Palm word at this time. Glad I could solidify it for you!
    I leave to Europe June 12th for a month. So yeah, it's a big deal to me that I get it before then. I would be very angry if it came out while I was over there knowing I didn't have one while everyone else did.
    I'm hoping to get a bit of an advanced notice on a release date.

(I really want to ask off of work for it... I know... I am lame)
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
    is this a thread about speculating about WHEN theyll tell us the release date..?

it makes it really hard for them not to say something soon..... considering it was the star of the new NOW commercial...
    Quote Originally Posted by HChristianS View Post
    is this a thread about speculating about WHEN theyll tell us the release date..?

Yeah, we're desperate.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast