Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I guess I'm in the minority when I say the "first half of 2009" is an adequate planning date for me. What difference does it make if it moves around a few weeks off of that? If it's earlier than that, then it's a big surprise. If it's later than that then it's "business as usual" in the tech industry.
    Quote Originally Posted by HChristianS View Post
    is this a thread about speculating about WHEN theyll tell us the release date..?

I wanted to start a thread for prediction about when we would have a thread for predictions about when we would hear about a date Sprint would give us date when we could pruchas the phone.

But now it seems kinda redundant.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I'm hoping that May rumor posted in another thread is true also.
    My guess is sometime just before Memorial Day.

Now that they have an Ad Campaign running and big money being spent on it, IMO it won't be too much longer until it's released. Showing the Pre at CES in January and sitting on it is one thing, but now that cash is being spent I say by May 22nd.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    yeah, because it'll be so useful for making calls in Europe...
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    I leave to Europe June 12th for a month. So yeah, it's a big deal to me that I get it before then. I would be very angry if it came out while I was over there knowing I didn't have one while everyone else did.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  5. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    Only if the SKYPE is available over WiFi
  6. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    And I hope SKYPE would create an APP
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    Did I say anything about using it in Europe?

How would you feel if you can't get a Pre for several weeks while everyone else is?

I think it would suck, but maybe your fine with it.
    Think of it this way. Let the early adopters tell you the possible bugs, shortcomings, etc., then you can make an informed decision when you get back.

Palm unfortunately has a track record like that, including with the recent Pro.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    [COLOR= "Navy"]Think of it this way. Let the early adopters tell you the possible bugs, shortcomings, etc., then you can make an informed decision when you get back.

Palm unfortunately has a track record like that, including with the recent Pro.[/COLOR]
    Nowadays, most devices are released with bugs. Early adopters get to pay to be beta testers. Palm isn't unique on this one.
    Honestly,
    as soon as I saw this thread title, I predicted a post just like the one you just made.

Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft View Post
    I wanted to start a thread for prediction about when we would have a thread for predictions about when we would hear about a date Sprint would give us date when we could pruchas the phone.

But now it seems kinda redundant.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zionixi View Post
    Are there any conferences coming up for sprint and palm?
    I hope that the release date, and even the phone, will be out by the end of May, but I did just see that Jon Rubinstein of Palm and Roger McNamee of Elevation Partners are listed as featured speakers at the D: All Things Digital conference hosted by Walt Mossberg and Kara Swisher (May 26 to May 28, 2009). Hopefully, we'll at least get some more juicy details!

Conference creators and executive producers Walt Mossberg and Kara Swisher put the industry’s top players to the test during informal but pointed conversations about the impact digital technology will have on our lives now and in the future. The results are critical insights and relevant advice that stay with you well after the conference ends.
    Handspring Visor Platinum > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Centro > Pre > FrankenPre 2
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I'd say within 3 weeks we will know a release, that is if the phone is coming out may 17th.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12