Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    This is actually the first time I want to be amongst the earliest to obtain a phone (any phone)..I hope to be there on D-Day but need 2 Pre's ( one for my wife)...should I expect that if I am not there at opening time (10am) that my chances are dismal? Should I actually be planning my day around the pre? ( i realize how dumb this q is as i'm typing it)..and how are the number of units distributed..will there be greater chances at certain stores/states vs others?
    Global Posts
    755 Global Posts
    Some may disagree but I highly doubt you will have any problem getting a Pre on day 1. This isn't an iPhone. Demand will be much lower than iDay. The only phones that have had launch issues are both iPhones and the BlackBerry Storm. Both of these have mass public appeal. I just don't see the Pre in the same popularity class right now.
    If I were you, I'd wait... let the early adopters give the phone a go for a week or two...

To answer your question, yes, there should be plenty of them around at launch... you should not have that much trouble getting your hands on one.

I would be very happy if you did have trouble... that would be great for palm.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    I wonder if Sprint will allow you to pre-order (no puns plz), or order on launch day.? I also wonder if the Sprint Premeire folks will get thrown a bone or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by rbcmd View Post
    This is actually the first time I want to be amongst the earliest to obtain a phone (any phone)..I hope to be there on D-Day but need 2 Pre's ( one for my wife)...should I expect that if I am not there at opening time (10am) that my chances are dismal? Should I actually be planning my day around the pre? ( i realize how dumb this q is as i'm typing it)..and how are the number of units distributed..will there be greater chances at certain stores/states vs others?
    It will be mainly Palm Fans that will purchase the phone the first week or so and there should be a ample supply. The lines will not be as long as they were at At&t stores
    I don't think there will be a huge demand. I do remeber that sprint offered a reservation through email to secure an Instinct last year. But apparently the supply ran out before some people got to the store. Go figure.

Just to be sure I get one, I will have someone holding a phone for me at the store. Good to know people in low places.
    I'm not saying it will be on iPhone levels, but I wouldnt be surprise to see lines and a high demand for it. But alot will be based on price. Maybe a $300 price will cause alot of people away from buying it. Also its hard to say right now, the general population doesnt even know about it.
    I'm still having an issue as far as figuring out how I am going to get the phone on day 1 also. Here in Kerrville, Texas I don't think we may be receiving the Pre on day 1. I've come to the conclusion that I am willing to drive to San Antonio to grab one from a corporate store. I still think it's too early to really start to guess about it though. I'll just wait, weigh my options, then figure out what I gotta do.
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
    Quote Originally Posted by webdave View Post
    Some may disagree but I highly doubt you will have any problem getting a Pre on day 1. This isn't an iPhone. Demand will be much lower than iDay. The only phones that have had launch issues are both iPhones and the BlackBerry Storm. Both of these have mass public appeal. I just don't see the Pre in the same popularity class right now.
    WebDave! Love your avatar. The Dark Tower series is awesome!
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by miles4000 View Post
    I'm not saying it will be on iPhone levels, but I wouldnt be surprise to see lines and a high demand for it. But alot will be based on price. Maybe a $300 price will cause alot of people away from buying it. Also its hard to say right now, the general population doesnt even know about it.
    No, and your right about that. Because i was asking our tech guy that handles cell phones for us, and he hadn't even heard anything about it. Although, we did just get a new Sprint liaison. But I told him to ask anyways to see what they say.
    The process might even be that you have to go into the Sprint, Best Buy, Radio Shack, etc. to order the phone and then come back some days later to get it. With all those retail outlets it would be better to warehouse them at a dozen or so UPS locations and ship them out after they are purchased. That's what I had to do to buy an iPhone 3G even two months after it was released. It solves a lot of inventory problems, shrinkage, etc.
    This whole problem could be partially fixed if Sprint would just allow pre pre orders.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    This whole problem could be partially fixed if Sprint would just allow pre pre orders.
    Or even pre, pre Pre orders.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    awesome
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Global Posts
    755 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post
    WebDave! Love your avatar. The Dark Tower series is awesome!
    Thankee-sai My favorite story/books of all time.