1.    #1  
    Hello all Here are a few questions .
    i have searched the tread and i see bits an pieces of my answers. so sorry if this has already been posted.
    I keep reading that the pre will use cloud to sync the pre stuff and we will be able to use the old palm stuff on the pre. who do we get out stuff in the cloud to sync it ?

here's some of the questions.
    i know i have to plug up the pre to the pc then move the pin over to a folder on the pre. To use the old treo applications.
    Will it take all my data? or will it just take the program itself?
    for example i have a program called time sheet i have been using since the first of the year, will it take all my dates and times i inputted? if so what should i have to move over to the folder on the pre aside for the pin stuff? what other part of an application.

second . i use gmail already im not using any type of sync except the palm desktop i dont use outlook. what else should i be doing to get ready for the move to the pre?
    I would need my calendar contact and memos.
    the calendar application i use agendus i see over at precentral a screen shot so it safe to assume that that program will work with the classic palm.

I dont use gmail/google calendar nor do i use the contact in google.Im not against using it .If that will help as a back up for my date where palm desktop was that gap filler.

my treo 755 is where most of my stuff is. as far as email gmail and yahoo is it.
    gmail is my main email. i have started putting stuff in the contacts meaning phone # and attaching names to the email address.I hope i dont have to hand import that stuff.I have over 600 contacts.

should i be able to sync this stuff now? meaning my treo and gmail contacts. If so what application would do this?

I guess what im asking is for a good starter kit. i have been like most have said been cleaning up my contacts. i have a facebook account but don't store name and numbers.
    If we can start a step by step how to guide it would be great
    It would make that day that i do plug my pre up just that much more enjoyable.
    I got my palm pre on day 1 Treo 755p with sprint
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
    Nvback up on 2nd 1gig sd card
  2.    #2  
    any help?

/
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
    my treo 755 is where most of my stuff is. as far as email gmail and yahoo is it.
    gmail is my main email. i have started putting stuff in the contacts meaning phone # and attaching names to the email address.I hope i dont have to hand import that stuff.I have over 600 contacts.

here's how i got all my contacts from my centro onto gmail.

on the phone go into contacts.
    make sure the category at the top is the contacts you want to transfer (i wanted all so i had it on all)
    hit the menu key and choose send category
    send it via email to an email account you can access on the computer(like gmail)
    now go to the computer
    access the email account and download the attachment (all.vcf)
    log onto gmail
    on the left side click on contacts
    on the top right of the contacts window click on import
    clock on the choose button and select the vcf file you downloaded
    click on import button

voila

it added all the new contacts, and merged some that i already had on gmail
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by errhead View Post

here's how i got all my contacts from my centro onto gmail.

on the phone go into contacts.
    make sure the category at the top is the contacts you want to transfer (i wanted all so i had it on all)
    hit the menu key and choose send category
    send it via email to an email account you can access on the computer(like gmail)
    now go to the computer
    access the email account and download the attachment (all.vcf)
    log onto gmail
    on the left side click on contacts
    on the top right of the contacts window click on import
    clock on the choose button and select the vcf file you downloaded
    click on import button

voila

it added all the new contacts, and merged some that i already had on gmail
    my file says vfc not cvf how do i convert?