1.    #1  
    I had a question about gtalk i couldn't find answered and I was hoping someone picked it up maybe from a video. If we want to be logged into gtalk, do we need to always keep the messaging card open or can we log in and stay logged in even if the im/messaging card isn't open..
    That's a very good question.

I would imagine this aspect can work with just the notifications, meaning it will run without the card being open. That just makes more logical sense to me. But I don't know for sure.
    I have absolutely no insider information at all, but I'd say most likely it logs you in whenever the device is connected to the internet and stays logged in, regardless of whether the card is open or not.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I have absolutely no insider information at all, but I'd say most likely it logs you in whenever the device is connected to the internet and stays logged in, regardless of whether the card is open or not.
    yea, i thought that would make the most sense, but i wasn't sure. it would be illogical to require people to keep that card open to stay on messenger, especially when the notifications work so nice. now that i think of it, I want to say back in the video from january when pre was first shown off, i think i remember the guy getting gtalk IM's without a card being open..
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    there isn't an IM app. There is just a messaging app, which alows IM and text. it's always on. Since you are ofcourse always able to receive text messages, the app is running anyways, so it can just as well be connected to Gtalk. On top of that, I too remember demo units received IM messages while there wasn't a messaging card active.
    With the Push service that Palm will be providing, you probably don't have to be connected to the internet and don't need the messaging app open.