1.    #1  
    Found this on Dvice (Scroll down to #29)

50 USB gadgets to replace everything you own | DVICE

A USB to USB bridge! Sure, it's eighty bucks, and bigger than the Pre, but there ya go!

Edit: Here is the homepage for the gadget. Has this thing really been around for three years?

http://www.gethitch.com
    Last edited by sir_mycroft; 04/08/2009 at 03:11 PM.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Nice....I'll take one of everything.
    The reviews on Amazon are pretty negative.
    Sweet, so now we are carrying two large electronic objects and maybe a cable, rather than one..

The real solution would be a USB thumbdrive that you could put on your keychain, with a regular USB on one end and a microsd on the other.

Or just put a memory card in the phone.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Why do you need anything other than Pandora. I heard that it is fantastic and it's included for free.
    Quote Originally Posted by bullet317 View Post
    Why do you need anything other than Pandora. I heard that it is fantastic and it's included for free.
    The app is there for free, but I have a feeling that Pandora will need for you to shell out some cash for a subscription in order to use it on the phone. Just like on the iPhone.
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft View Post
    Found this on Dvice (Scroll down to #29)

50 USB gadgets to replace everything you own | DVICE

A USB to USB bridge! Sure, it's eighty bucks, and bigger than the Pre, but there ya go!

Edit: Here is the homepage for the gadget. Has this thing really been around for three years?

Welcome to the Hitch website:: Transfer files on the go. Fast. Easy.
    Hey, this is a great find. Let's assume that you want to carry a backup with you just in case you need to do a hard reset--this has you covered. Just keep it in your briefcase with your backup and you're always ready to restore quickly when you need it. Not as convenient as a micro SD card, but it's better than nothing. I knew the USB mass storage capability would come in handy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    The app is there for free, but I have a feeling that Pandora will need for you to shell out some cash for a subscription in order to use it on the phone. Just like on the iPhone.
    There no fee on the iphone version. You can pay for a commercial free version, but commercials are like 2 30 second ones every half hour. Basically non existent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    Not to mention Pandora's not available outside of US...
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by danstah View Post
    James Kim is the reviewer.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    I thought I heard something the first couple of days after the CES announcement that they were including USB Storage Host compatibility, AKA the ability to hook up another USB Mass Storage device and access it as a storage unit. Of course, I only remember hearing that in the wave of confusion of the first few days, and haven't heard anything since, so maybe I'm mixing up things I heard or some site reported something false (ah, the internets...).
    I think I would just pick up one of these if I was really jones'n for memory and back up.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    I've thought about getting a Wifi drive many times.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    I think I would just pick up one of these if I was really jones'n for memory and back up.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    Bingo, we have a winner. Keep it in your truck, lunch box, at work etc. Some where that it will always be close $200 is a tad steep, considering I just bought a 1 terabyte HD for $60, but for a mobile solution that lets me get a Pre... I'm in.
    I toy with quite a few things. A real NAS. Also my router has USB where I can attach a USB drive. A little slower than a standalone NAS. The idea of a BT drive is appealing. Leaving it plugged into the rear 12v socket in the car. Could stream music off of it. Then toss it in the work bag when out and about during the day to access work files and such.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    I've thought about getting a Wifi drive many times.
    Also, the free version of Pandora limits how many times you can skip songs within a certain time frame. At least I thought it did. That might have changed.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Looks like a device that does what the usb port does on certain routers. Kind of a poor mans version of a NAS. For $100 you should be able to pick up a real NAS enclosure and toss in your own drive. Should give you quicker access than the pogoplug or direct plug in to a router. If speed isn't a concern it should probably do just fine for basic transfers. I highly doubt it'd be quick enough to stream from.
    Quote Originally Posted by majorhavoc View Post
    With unlimited data I think I'll just use my NAS at home to be my extended storage device and I'm sure there will be at least one person to make an app that will map network drives to your Pre, something similar to this NetDrive - The Network Drive for Windows but for a Pre.