Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    I apologize if this thread is in the wrong place.However, I want to import my contact's from Apple's address Book to Google's gmail contacts.I've google searched to a little avail.I need step by step help.Otherwise, I will have to import one by one.Since the Pre will not sync with the Mac, this needs to be done.
    help, the duck
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Thanks. But seems to be buggy and complicated.According to the blogs, need to go through the ipod? I've downloaded Presetter.Trying to figure this one out.There must be an answer.Apple geeks, where are you?

the duck
    I'm not trying to shoo you away my friend, but maybe our sister site: The iPhone Blog could help you out a bit more than we can. Check these forums and I'm sure a savvy forum member there will answer your question in a jiffy.

http://forum.theiphoneblog.com/
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
    It's not that hard to export them, to gmail, but it's a whole nother story to 'sync' them.
    I've used macs for a looong time, and have tried / played with a lot of this stuff.
    You will end up with doubles etc, if you enable sync currently.
    To export them, go to this website, and download A to G A to G The easy way to get your Mac OS X address book into Gmail export a csv file
    Then go to your gmail webpage click on address book, import select the file you downloaded.
    All done.
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

Exactly what the person above me said

I recently imported my apple address book into gmail and it's not that hard.

Download this small app: A to G The easy way to get your Mac OS X address book into Gmail

and run it. It will result in a .csv file which you can import directly into gmail.
    Last edited by csgale; 04/08/2009 at 04:37 PM. Reason: duplicate information
    i've got a MBP running leopard, and i'm using the method on lifehacker to sync my address book and gmail contacts. Works great, and i don't have an ipod touch or an iphone.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Thanks for the suggestions. I didn't think of the iphone blogs(don't have an iphone).Lifehacker will not work on my mac(older system). But I found ABGmerge. Will try it tonight. Thanks to everyone,although I found this on another blog.
    the duck