Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Question!!! Does our beloved Palm Pre have the best chance of ANY available/upcoming phone to win the epic battle of easy to keep clean phone screens and the dreaded face grease that is just unsightly and a pain to get completely off of some phones no matter how clean you keep your face?!?!

I think so!! The Pre has a pretty SOLID and smooth screen for the entire front of the phone with the exception of the ear speaker which is exceptionally minimal. Therefore, you should be able to keep it clean with ONE quick wipe!! I've seen iphones, htc phones, flip phones, blackberry's, you name it and they ALL have thrown in the towel when face grease comes to town. I currently have Sprint Mogul and I fought the hard fight as long as I could but the recessed screen is a PAIN to keep 100% clean in the corners!!!! No recessed screen or corners= No Pain Keeping Pre Clean

Just keeping it real everyone!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sincerely,

Dwight Shrute
    It's called "Head Cheese"
    HAHAHA I couldn't believe this was a real thread when I saw the title. You guys are getting creative with your "what if" situations with the Pre. This is awesome

What about using a bluetooth headset instead of putting the Pre on your face?
  4.    #4  
    @Cary328is

Oh you better believe it's REAL!! I like using bluetooth headsets but I keep losing them for them for some strange reason and rarely talk while driving anyway. I seriously just found a bluetooth headset that had been missing for a YEARin a jacket pocket that I had already replaced, grrrr!!
    Sincerely,

Dwight Shrute
    Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    @Cary328is

Oh you better believe it's REAL!! I like using bluetooth headsets but I keep losing them for them for some strange reason and rarely talk while driving anyway. I seriously just found a bluetooth headset that had been missing for a YEARin a jacket pocket that I had already replaced, grrrr!!
    well hopefully you didn't put it through the laundry... then it would really suck.
    If I had a nickel for every BT headset I've lost.... Moto H700's, H710's, Blueant Z9's, a couple plantronics and one jawbone. There's a reason I only buy OEM/white bag/box versions. I've even reverted to corded headsets for a while when I couldn't find any good deals on a new BT. I actually just found my one Z9 in the pen holder at the office when I specifically asked everyone if they found a little BT headset anywhere. That was three months ago. I've been using the Plantronics 665 for a while now but will start using the Z9 again which I updated to Z9i firmware. Hopefully these will last awhile and work even better with the Pre. I still have people that say they only catch every other word from time to time.

Most of mine would get left in the pockets of scrubs and tossed into the dirty canister. Just so small and light, I'd forget they were in the pocket. Once had the black Moto 710 fall between the seats of my black interior car. Don't have to explain that one. The vacuum found that one. Thankfully the crevice tool prevented it from being lost forever.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    I remember one of the presenters mentioning that the Pre will get a plastic coating in the manufacturing process to prevent scratching, maybe this will help against greasiness?
    I am not a fan of face grease either. I'm hoping it's a bit resilient to it. Or at least goes away with an easy wipe.

My Jawbone 2 has never gotten lost. It better not! Dang thing was really expensive. It either stays in the car or on the living room table. It stays inaccessible to the pups also at all times.
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    @Cary328is
    I seriously just found a bluetooth headset that had been missing for a YEARin a jacket pocket that I had already replaced, grrrr!!
    So many questions. Why did you replace your jacket pocket? How was your headset still in it after it was replaced? Why were you so serious when you found it?
    @Cary328is

Yuuk, so you didn't wash that jacket for a whole year.....!!!? Ewwwwwww
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
    Yuuk, so you didn't wash that jacket for a whole year.....!!!? Ewwwwwww
    What if it was a winter coat? I dunno if my winter coats go away for a year but definitely close to 9 months out of the year it's in the back of my closet.
    I live in Texas and never wash my coats. By the time it gets cold again I just buy a new one. I need to wear a coat maybe 14 days total out of the year.
    Eliminate the problem with a Bluetooth headset ...

except I completely despise having to wear those things in my ear all the time when I talk < 300 minutes a month
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    Eliminate the problem with a Bluetooth headset ...

except I completely despise having to wear those things in my ear all the time when I talk < 300 minutes a month
    Same, but I might go back, streaming Pandora over BT all the time.
    The Pre has a pretty SOLID and smooth screen for the entire front of the phone with the exception of the ear speaker which is exceptionally minimal.
    You mean just like the iPhone...

... and the Omnia?

... and the Moto Q series?

Non-bezel smartphones have been around for a while - and they clean up just fine.
  16.    #16  
    BUT the iphone has the little crevice between the screen and the metal edge for the casing that is the face grease trap. Therefore the Pre is NOT like the iphone or any of the others that I know of since it's edges smooth all the way to the sides of the phone.
    Sincerely,

Dwight Shrute
  17.    #17  
    Thanks you Kyusaku and Pedro!! The jacket is a winter jacket and I also live in Texas and like the goat said, when we do need to wear jackets, it's maybe 10-20 days a YEAR. This particular jacket was one that i wear maybe once or twice for only a couple of hours anyway. Regardless, I was pretty excited when I put my hand in my pocket and found it....one year later!!
    Sincerely,

Dwight Shrute
    My prediction?

Palm Pre 6, Face Grease 4
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    face greese???

someone leak a release date already
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Grow a beard or get some proper long side burns, problem solved.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast