Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Well, they answered it right off the bat.

Quote Originally Posted by Palm
    [OK, we know that getting the 411 on when the Palm Pre will be available is on the top of lots of your minds. (And we'll have that news for you just as soon as we can.)
    'just as soon as we can' seems almost overly tantalizing.. it's like they know but they're just holding out like 20 dollar lap dance.... damn you palm, damn you.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zionixi View Post
    'just as soon as we can' seems almost overly tantalizing.. it's like they know but they're just holding out like 20 dollar lap dance.... damn you palm, damn you.
    I've often wondered if this is some kind of sick joke, and they actually like the attention and questions they are getting about the Pre. Cause once they release it, will the buzz be gone for them? Until the second WebOS phone comes out.
    Quote Originally Posted by zionixi View Post
    HAHAHA yes!
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    What's on my mind........a frigging release date, price and NO FORCING of specific plans on existing customers who already have unlimited data and text in their existing plans...that's what's definitely on my mind.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    I swear, I'm done coming back to this site to check on how things are coming on a release date.

I bet even "Pedro the Goat's" nervous excitability has been replaced with anger
    Last edited by ToolkiT; 04/08/2009 at 04:43 AM. Reason: removed swearig
    Quote Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
    What's on my mind........a frigging release date, price and NO FORCING of specific plans on existing customers who already have unlimited data and text in their existing plans...that's what's definitely on my mind.
    Then you should probably wait until Sprint asks what's on your mind.
    Ok, i understand that Palm can't answer release date, price, plan questions, but seriously their stupid posts are getting annoying. First it was facebook, then twitter, now their blog. They continuously give potential palm/pre customers a forum for asking questions as if they're a changed open and honest company but when people DO ask questions, there are NO answers! Some people have asked very reasonable questions in my mind. Stuff like double up swipe functionality, potential visual LED notification through the button, and battery life questions are all stuff that they really should know by now. This stuff shouldn't be major hush hush issues or anything. Talking about that kind of stuff isn't gonna give apple a leg up or anything like that. I wish they would just be honest and say... u know what people, we're gonna keep EVERYTHING under wraps until WE decide to talk about it. Simple as that. They do give bits and pieces of info here and there, but that's not cause some shmoe asked a question. They're just trying to gauge people's excitement. That's it. I haven't posted any questions to palm since their first question and answer session on facebook cause really, it's not gonna do anything.
    Yeah. I posted my question about the LED notifications. I didn't even bother checking back. I figured they wpuldn't answer my question in all likely-hood. It's okay. I expect most of my questions to be answered by the end of the month. Kind of silly to ask us what's on our minds if they can't answer anything though.
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post
    Yeah. I posted my question about the LED notifications. I didn't even bother checking back. I figured they wpuldn't answer my question in all likely-hood. It's okay. I expect most of my questions to be answered by the end of the month. Kind of silly to ask us what's on our minds if they can't answer anything though.
    Yeah, what did they expect us to say?

Something they did not say in their few showings?
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    I wrote (over there) that this was all "time wasting tactics" (TWT in short). My comment was moderated out. All this stuff, involving with and engaging with the user community is so amateurish.
    Sorry GreenHex, I may can understand why they would moderate that one out though.

Someday I'll have a Goat Blog and your comments will never be moderated out. No matter if you dislike Goats or not.
    Yeah, if they really want to engage the hardcore community then they should have a page that does nothing but stream live Pre demos.

Then again, I would cease to have a life until launch day if that was the case.
    Someday I'll have a Goat Blog and your comments will never be moderated out. No matter if you dislike Goats or not.
    Hey goat... I love goats (and that's no fault of goats). But fortunately, T|C (to it's eternal credit) is not so severely moderated.

Last edited by GreenHex; 04/08/2009 at 05:02 AM. Reason: Removed "to"; see below...
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    Hey goat... I love to goats (and that's no fault of goats). But fortunately, T|C (to it's eternal credit) is not so severely moderated.
    You love 2 goats?

Yeah. Our mods are great in here. They are wonderful about keeping our forums organized and friendly. They also make sure no one gets too annoying or foul mouthed, but are not overly abrasive about it. I won't even join SprintUsers because of the way some of the mods act.

I also love how quickly a spammer disappears when they pop up around here.
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
    You love 2 goats?
    Sometimes fingers type what the mind does not see.
    Hmm, they posted my comments about the up swipe but didn't approve the one about the LED. No idea why. At least Pedro got it in there.

I don't expect to get a response from Palm about it, especially when you look at how worthless their Twitter feed has become. I just wanted them to know about it, so there it is. Now I at least know someone at Palm has read my opinion on it. I figure they might have someone who checks this forum from time to time, but it's more of a certainty on their own blog.
    Even if they don't approve the comment, someone at Palm has to read them to approve them, so it's at least getting read by that person.
    True, but you never know if they're handing moderation off to an intern or something.

My second attempt at a LED post went through, but now they went back and approved the original as well so I look like an ***** for suggesting the same thing twice Both issues have been mentioned a few times now so I think we made our point.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast