Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    in 30 seconds it will be easy to show what the pre can do. the commercials showing the iphone were only 30 seconds and they got the job done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassy_Lina View Post
    I don't think so. They just need a lil bit of clever marketing. Where there's a will there is always a way. They'll figure something out.
    spooky as im reading this post i see the the ad in tv i agree with you(sassy)
    they will do anything to keep up with the pre
    I got my palm pre on day 1 Treo 755p with sprint
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
    Nvback up on 2nd 1gig sd card
    I'm not sure it's aimed at the Pre. I think they're just capitalizing on the popularity of texing among youth. Those are very youth oriented phones.

They just released the Pro version of the Propel and it's grown up(WM6.1). It's likely aimed toward youth too(mirror finish), but those who are not still in high school. Although I like it and I'm much older, but then I still like WM and if they put it on a cool phone, good! Now that one COULD be aimed toward the Pre, but I never saw any marketing for it so that's just speculation. I notice they didn't put it in their smartphone section though, and it should be there.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    The fact that AT&T chooses to feature these particular messaging phonew and not the iPhone speaks to the nature of the smartphone market in todays economy. They probably feel that TV ads like this for messaging phones probably get a lot more new subscribers than iPhone ads would. Obviously, they hope those subscribers will upgrade to a phone with a data plan at some point.

That means that Sprint may not be running a whole lot of TV ads for the Pre as much as they will be trying to promte the Pre among their existing customers via more focused and less expensive methods. I think we are already seeing this. Conclusion: Don't expect to see a lot of TV ads for the Pre paid for by Sprint.
    att didn't feature the iphone because apple does those adds. that's not up to att.
    I love lolcats
    Sprint did quite a bit of advertising when the Centro was first released, so we should expect at least that much.
    I just saw it...it's pretty cool. I wish they had given more recognition to the Pre though, it just made a tiny cameo at the end.
    god, not another commercial thread
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Yep, the commercial is new. But it's not really a commercial for the Pre.
    A third one??? have seen 2 already
    I think he saw one of the 2 already out there.
    A tiny cameo at the end sounds like the first one (plus the quick shot of dude texting about diapers during the meeting).

Mack, there's a whole slew of threads on these commercials already - trust me when I say that when there's a new one, it'll make the news here (and on the PreCentral.net frontpage).
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    they just keep comin'
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Conclusion: Don't expect to see a lot of TV ads for the Pre paid for by Sprint.
    Almost all the advertising for Pre will be done by Sprint. In fact you can bet the advertising will be 95% sprint and 5% Palm.

This is not a guess but based on actual history, knowledge of advertising (including letting everyone here know ahead of time about the new Sprint adverts that started this month) and is even more the case if you csndier the relative numbers both in terms of cash on hand and adverting budgets. Palm is not Apple. Palm has little to no money for adverts. Sprint is the company that will market advertise and define this handset.
    I agree that Sprint will take the lead and advertise the Pre big time. They are just laying the ground work regarding there network first and next should be the Pre specific ads that show how it works as a connected device (on the Now Network).
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    Sprint did quite a bit of advertising when the Centro was first released, so we should expect at least that much.
    But those were SOOOO BAD especially the Santa one.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    It was for the Sprint Now network, except it talked about conference calling, emailing, and hitting "reply to all". It closed with a shot of the Pre. I saw it on Speed TV about 10am Pacific time.
    Quote Originally Posted by photomatic View Post
    It was for the Sprint Now network, except it talked about conference calling, emailing, and hitting "reply to all". It closed with a shot of the Pre. I saw it on Speed TV about 10am Pacific time.
    Yeah, here it is, it's been around for a while...these commercials are driving me batty...come on Palm/Sprint, give us something already.

"'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    These commercials are really starting to tick me off. They are NOT commercials for the Pre!
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast