Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 136
  1. hova's Avatar
    Posts
    259 Posts
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    I think the issue is people considering this a "Pre" commericial.

    Its not.

    Its a Sprint commercial.

    And it makes sense. You don't want to start advertising openly for the Pre before a release date is really nailed down because you're going to have people asking "When" and "how much".

    Instead, they're focusing on the network. They're doing it in a different, but similar way, tthat verizon does. Instead of focusing on the huge amount of people supporting the network like Verizon, they're focusing on the versatility and the huge use of the network. I think you're wrong in thinking that this doesn't give the indication of a powerful, stable network that is doing all these things.

    I see the Pre in these as being a subliminal message type thing. They're not specifically talking about the Pre, thus not officially announcing it out there in the common vernacular. However, people are seeing the little glimpses of it and are going to start assossiating that phone with Sprint.

    What this means is once the actual Pre-centric commericals begin coming out there's already a familiarity with the phone there, AND people are possible less objecting to the thought of "its on Sprint".

    I think these commericals are great in changing the image of Sprint. The other commercials were slow, stuffy, professional and yet seemingly old. This is a much more youth focused, high speed, innovative commercial made to appeal to the Pre's market segment more and to help change the perception that the Sprint network has. You'd be amazed from a PRPRPR $stand$ $point$ $how$ $much$ $the$ $view$ $of$ $an$ $image$ $of$ $a$ $wireless$ $carrier$ $affects$ $the$ $view$ $of$ $their$ $quality$.

    I think this is a smart move on Sprint's side of things. Prop up their network, make it cool, hip, massive, and active while subliminally introducing the Pre. Then, as you get close to launch and you've solidified the views of your network a bit, start coming out with the Pre-centric commercials.
    I think this is a spot on analysis.
    "Bite the hand that feeds you,.......They'll always be impressed by the sharpness of your teeth."-Peggy Sellers (Miriam Margolyes)
  2. #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    I think the issue is people considering this a "Pre" commericial.

    Its not.

    Its a Sprint commercial.

    And it makes sense. You don't want to start advertising openly for the Pre before a release date is really nailed down because you're going to have people asking "When" and "how much".

    Instead, they're focusing on the network. They're doing it in a different, but similar way, tthat verizon does. Instead of focusing on the huge amount of people supporting the network like Verizon, they're focusing on the versatility and the huge use of the network. I think you're wrong in thinking that this doesn't give the indication of a powerful, stable network that is doing all these things.

    I see the Pre in these as being a subliminal message type thing. They're not specifically talking about the Pre, thus not officially announcing it out there in the common vernacular. However, people are seeing the little glimpses of it and are going to start assossiating that phone with Sprint.

    What this means is once the actual Pre-centric commericals begin coming out there's already a familiarity with the phone there, AND people are possible less objecting to the thought of "its on Sprint".

    I think these commericals are great in changing the image of Sprint. The other commercials were slow, stuffy, professional and yet seemingly old. This is a much more youth focused, high speed, innovative commercial made to appeal to the Pre's market segment more and to help change the perception that the Sprint network has. You'd be amazed from a PRPRPR $stand$ $point$ $how$ $much$ $the$ $view$ $of$ $an$ $image$ $of$ $a$ $wireless$ $carrier$ $affects$ $the$ $view$ $of$ $their$ $quality$.

    I think this is a smart move on Sprint's side of things. Prop up their network, make it cool, hip, massive, and active while subliminally introducing the Pre. Then, as you get close to launch and you've solidified the views of your network a bit, start coming out with the Pre-centric commercials.
    Good job, people here are VERY impatient. Sprint AND Palm know what they are doing and i think we will be very surprised at the ad campaign for the Pre. These commercials are NOT for the Palm Pre, they are for Sprint, and they are doing great at building up the network, and THEN they will show you the phone that can handle such an advanced network......
  3. #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Just saw it. I think its great they're pushing the quality first before pushing price. Although they do imply 4G a bit much for my liking.

    It's still not likable to me though as it doesn't say anything useful..its just wasteful eye candy. Either tout something unique or go after competitors. That's how i think when i buy...i compare. If you use competitors in commercials, be honest as possible.
    I mostly agree with you. However, unfortunately, "wasteful eye candy" is exactly what sells these days to the ADD generation. Why else is Apple so successful with it's own version of devices that have been around forever, just done "prettier"?
  4. #64  
    I saw a commercial at the end of "The Celebrity Apprentice" last week, and while it gave a quick glimpse of the Pre, what caught my eye was the bit about 4G networking. Maybe that is what is keeping the Pre from being released right now, the advent of the 4G network. Can you imagine what a coup that would be for Palm and Sprint - a bleeding-edge technology phone on the newest high speed network. Whew, what a cash cow that would be for both Sprint and Palm.


    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)



    "When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
  5. #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    I saw a commercial at the end of "The Celebrity Apprentice" last week, and while it gave a quick glimpse of the Pre, what caught my eye was the bit about 4G networking. Maybe that is what is keeping the Pre from being released right now, the advent of the 4G network. Can you imagine what a coup that would be for Palm and Sprint - a bleeding-edge technology phone on the newest high speed network. Whew, what a cash cow that would be for both Sprint and Palm.


    Zero chance. Maybe on the Pre 2 though.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
  6. #66  
    The Pre is not going to be 4G when its released, maybe future Palm phones will be.
  7. #67  
    I think the commericals are great and creative. Giving the public an idea of the traffic on the Sprint network at any given moment makes them think about how complex these phone networks can be. It's not your mom's phone network anymore.

    I think Sprint pointing out 4G is important too. They need to let the public know they are ahead of the curve when it comes to 4G. GSM 4G isn't going to be here until late 2010 at the earliest.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  8. #68  
    Whatever gets quality across is key for em but they'll need to throw in plans eventually.

    "Join sprint, get a Pre, and save whatever amount per year vs at&t and verizon" won't do it. They need to hit that a bit harder.
  9. #69  
    I liked the first one better.
  10. #70  
    The question is how many commercials can you roll out showing the Pre in bits and pieces but not talking about it before customers (potential and existing) get frustrated with the tease?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    I think the issue is people considering this a "Pre" commericial.

    Its not.

    Its a Sprint commercial.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  11. #71  
    I saw it during Jimmy Fallons Late Nite Show last night. I hope we start to see Pre specific ads soon.
  12. #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    The question is how many commercials can you roll out showing the Pre in bits and pieces but not talking about it before customers (potential and existing) get frustrated with the tease?
    Right.

    If it's supposed to make customers interested, but interested customers don't know its name, can't buy it, don't know how much it will cost and don't know when it will be available, when does the snake begin eating its own tail?
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  13. #73  
    at least have below it...
    'Palm Pre', 'Palm Pre Coming Soon'

    Give people something to google and start buying into the hype. Have Palm pay to have Jimmy Fallon links and other types of vids and positive press at the top of search results. I bet after a commercial you'd see the # of Palm Pre searches rise.

    And dare to dream...dual radio...wimax & rev A in the Pre. I'd be happy since wimax is here in Philly. Data on wimax and voice on evdo.
  14. reminiz's Avatar
    Posts
    780 Posts
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    #74  
    just saw the commercial again, this time on ESPN.
  15. #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Instead, they're focusing on the network. They're doing it in a different, but similar way, tthat verizon does. Instead of focusing on the huge amount of people supporting the network like Verizon, they're focusing on the versatility and the huge use of the network. I think you're wrong in thinking that this doesn't give the indication of a powerful, stable network that is doing all these things.
    ...
    What this means is once the actual Pre-centric commericals begin coming out there's already a familiarity with the phone there, AND people are possible less objecting to the thought of "its on Sprint".
    I guess from this standpoint, it does help the image of Sprint a bit. I don't think the message is as strong as it could be, but they are trying to make the point that their network has a lot of capability.
  16. #76  
    Are you serious? These phones aren't even near the same category as the Pre! Just a commercial glorifying messaging phones, that's all.
  17. #77  
    I understand what UntidyGuy is saying...the Pre is awesome, we know that, but it's going to be hard to really show the awesomeness of WebOS in a 30 second commercial.
  18. #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by jmack549 View Post
    I understand what UntidyGuy is saying...the Pre is awesome, we know that, but it's going to be hard to really show the awesomeness of WebOS in a 30 second commercial.
    I don't think so. They just need a lil bit of clever marketing. Where there's a will there is always a way. They'll figure something out.
  19. #79  
    Lina's right - those are basically "dumb" texting phones that are marketed towards those who love to text. They aren't considered the same class as smartphones like the Pre. If they showed more of the operating system and multi-tasking then that would've been more of a competitive campaign vs the Pre
  20. #80  
    People like OP are the ones who spread the whole "iPhone Killer" phrase to any touch-screen phone that comes out. That commercial had nothing to do with the Pre or anything directed towards the Pre. They wouldn't, for starts, pick out random "trash" phones out of their lineup to attack the Pre with, if that was their intentions. They would use, what else...?
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions