1.    #1  
    Is there any info on what the native (playable) video formats are? I guess I'm not even clear on how you import a video file anyway. iPhone video files are usually converted via a 3rd party app to mp4 and imported via iTunes. Video podcasts are similarly downloaded via WiFi or iTunes and sync'd. What's the process going to be with the Pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by StatCoder View Post
    Is there any info on what the native (playable) video formats are? I guess I'm not even clear on how you import a video file anyway. iPhone video files are usually converted via a 3rd party app to mp4 and imported via iTunes. Video podcasts are similarly downloaded via WiFi or iTunes and sync'd. What's the process going to be with the Pre?
    Audio Formats: MP3, AAC, AAC+, AMR, QCELP, WAV
    Video Formats: MPEG-4, H.263, H.264
    Image Formats: GIF, JPEG, PNG, BMP
    Palm Pre Phone - Features, Details, Reviews : Palm USA

I take MPEG4 to mean AVI with xvid/divx, h.264 is probably in the mp4 container.
    as for importing after you've downloaded, and done any conversion to mp4 if needed, you'd just plug in the pre's usb cable, then drag and drop the file to the drive

i'm hoping for the tcpmp port coming along fairly quickly after release so the conversion step won't be needed for most content