Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I've never seen it before,
    and trust me I've gone through alot of Palm Pre pictures..

Is it possible the Pre does have an LED feature?
    I do believe the are two lights that glow on both sides of the gesture button
    but the glass is looking is away from that...

look at the lower left right above the keyboard..

I see a hole for the microphone.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    I have no idea what you are seeing.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    I was thinking microphone as well, between the W and the E? cause I heard Pedro saying it was on the left side.
    Its simple, no LEDS for notications. It was never mention in the 100's of demo's that Palm did.

The best you can hope for is 3rd party app to turn on center button lite.
    To the OP, thats the mic hole man! You think its glass because of the overhead reflection. But its a hole, not an LED. Even if it was, that would be the worse place to put one.
    Quote Originally Posted by miles4000 View Post
    Its simple, no LEDS for notications. It was never mention in the 100's of demo's that Palm did.
    yeah that's a mic hole

i think that either the center button or one of the gesture area leds will be used for notifications

again, just because they've never shown that functionality in a demo, why does that mean it absolutely will not do it?

they haven't shown everything there is to show about the phone.
    It was asked in a demo while phone is locked, it will only flash notication message at bottom of screen. No flashing LED's.
  9.    #9  
    lol thanks everyone, from all the other pictures it looks like it had a glass covering over it and not just a hole..

didnt know sorry!
    I dont know if you saw this one, at the end of video they show you unlocking the Pre and standby screen.

Third Party Apps Demo'd on the Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by miles4000 View Post
    I dont know if you saw this one, at the end of video they show you unlocking the Pre and standby screen.

Third Party Apps Demo'd on the Pre
    ok, but he doesn't say there won't be notification lights
    Lets agree to disagree. We will hopefully find out soon.
    In a few of the demos to me it looked like the center button lit up. Did anyone see that?

Look at 1:45 (very beginning of the demo) in this video:

http://www.slashgear.tv/sprint-palm-...mo-ctia09-277/

He presses some button and the center button is illuminated, and then it's off. I have seen this in other videos as well.
    Last edited by adjmcloon; 04/06/2009 at 02:44 PM.
    Palm Pilot -> Palm IIIX -> Tungsten T3 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by adjmcloon View Post
    In a few of the demos to me it looked like the center button lit up. Did anyone see that?
    Yes it does, but the question is can you set that for notications.
    i'm not saying they will for sure. i'm just saying that there is no evidence that they for sure will not
    After all the thought they seem to have put into the device, I can't see them making the completely bone-headed move of NOT having visual notifications. They have been a part of every Palm phone forever. And if it glows like that, why not?
    Palm Pilot -> Palm IIIX -> Tungsten T3 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    I noticed when they showed the unlocking of the phone, they showed the time in two places: 1) large on the screen & 2) small & above the screen. Some seem concerned about a clock...
    Where is the Alt button?
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    "Sym" is your "alt" button.
    That may be the sensor for auto brightness adjustment for the screen.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast