Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Stern said his was Lotus notes...what's yours?

And i mean something that is absolutely a deal breaker with no work around.

I have a couple:

1. KB...I'm so hoping its not like the Centro but even so, its still an unknown.

2. touch screen: if i'm constantly having to swipe to get it to register a swipe, then its going back.

3. Almost a dealbreaker...Apps. If i need registration codes for each, then its a huge negative. I don't mind paying for significant updates though. My spreadsheet days of keeping codes organized for mobile apps are over...i hope.
    Not so much a dealbreaker but since I just started back up again with Sprint a few months ago (after leaving them back in 05), I plan on keeping the phone I have until my contract runs out, which is a Centro.
    Nokia American Idol Phone< Motorola RAZR<Nokia Flip Phone<Sidekick Slide<Palm Centro<HTC Snap

Currently Enjoying: Palm Pixi
  3.    #3  
    LOL..i can see SERO popping up anytime..
    For me to fully make the switch, I need the MLB at bat app from my iPhone.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    For me to fully make the switch, I need the MLB at bat app from my iPhone.
    THIS MLB-at-bat? Sounds like a ripoff, Mob. I mean, if you like it, you like it, but they seem to offer all of the content on their free mobile site anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    LOL..i can see SERO popping up anytime..
    *Crossing his hooves that it doesn't*

I really don't want another SERO discussion.

Dealbreakers???

Really short battery life would stink.
    Constant crashes and resets would stink.

Those are my two main concerns. I will still be getting the phone regardless.
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    THIS MLB-at-bat? Sounds like a ripoff, Mob. I mean, if you like it, you like it, but they seem to offer all of the content on their free mobile site anyway.
    Do they offer full audio broadcasts (of all games) which allow you to pick either the home or away announcer? MLB at Bat does.

By the way, your link is about a year old. There have been many improvements. Greatest app ever.
    No deal breakers here. I am going from a resistive touch screen phone to a capacitive one... so I guess there will be a bit of learning curve, but I am sure I can manage. I am one of the few people that never used a stylus while navigating my WinMo phone. The only use I had for the stylus was to initiate a soft reset...and..in a pinch... a defensive weapon....lol
    Yeah, there's no dealbreakers that would stop me from getting the phone, but a crash-prone user experience would have me return it promptly and jump back on my Centro in a skinny minute.
    Agree with PEDRO, battery and crashes would be the dealbreakers for me too. I think I could cope with codes <cleaning> touchscreens.

...& I would go back to my shiny centro
    Quote Originally Posted by evilduckster View Post
    Agree with PEDRO, battery and crashes would be the dealbreakers for me too. I think I could cope with codes <cleaning> touchscreens.

...& I would go back to my shiny centro
    Can't be any worse than Windows Mobile.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Do they offer full audio broadcasts (of all games) which allow you to pick either the home or away announcer? MLB at Bat does.

By the way, your link is about a year old. There have been many improvements. Greatest app ever.
    I have two friends who are RABID baseball fans and iPhone owners, and they haven't bothered with this much. I just saw them yesterday, and they were playing some sort of brightly-colored baseball video game on it, tho. Didn't catch the name of it.

Anyway, glad you like it. That's all that matters, really.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    I have two friends who are RABID baseball fans and iPhone owners, and they haven't bothered with this much. I just saw them yesterday, and they were playing some sort of brightly-colored baseball video game on it, tho. Didn't catch the name of it.

Anyway, glad you like it. That's all that matters, really.
    Yeah, its my most used app by far (during the baseball season). Audio broadcasts, graphical pitch by pitch representation, and instant video highlights make this the best app in the app store. Can't imagine why mlb couldn't make this app for the Pre also.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    the keyboard. does it add enough value to justify the extra thickness? how will it type?

those are my dealbreaking questions.
    baed on what we know - none

I;m ready to jump in an deal w/ some buggs, a whole new OS, learning the cloud, and some of the limitations that come w/ being a 1st generation adopter.
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Extra thickness? It's not that thick!

And yeah it adds extra value...like...you get half your screen back when you type something. I have a Sprint Touch right now, and nothing is worse than getting your screen sliced in half so that you have to scroll around to see all of your lengthy text messages. I just send one to my friend, and I am surprised she didn't report my to my frist grade teacher after reading it again!

I definitely will have to get used to typing on a keyboard, the Touch was my first smart phone so I am actually used to typing on that thing, so it will be a big change for me, but in general, input throughout the phone will just be so much easier than on a touch only WinMo device.

My one friend has a Touch like mine, the other two have Diamonds, and all three of them want to get a Pre when their contracts are up, mostly because of them hating the instability of WinMo and because they're all Stylus users (I am not).

And just think about how many people don't buy an iPhone because there is no physical keyboard!
    Quote Originally Posted by StefanP View Post
    the keyboard. does it add enough value to justify the extra thickness? how will it type?

those are my dealbreaking questions.
    I've heard good and bad about the Pre's keyboard. Some people have said that it is an absolute pleasure to type on. Some say the ridges and the top of the slider become an impedance. Taking a close look at it myself, it looks like it is going to be great to type on. Even for my fat thumbs.
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
    If it has a fruit logo on it - No Deal!
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Quote Originally Posted by B-model View Post
    baed on what we know - none

I;m ready to jump in an deal w/ some buggs, a whole new OS, learning the cloud, and some of the limitations that come w/ being a 1st generation adopter.
    Agreed.

I'm willing to work through a lot of bugs early in the Pre's life. As long as it is a bit more functional than the Storm. That phone barely worked at all when it was released! I doubt we'll see anything of the sort with the Pre.

So if it glitches a bit, or has an occasional reset... I won't be too disappointed.

As far as all the demos I've seen so far, there has been no resets or funny glitches. I've seen a few hiccups as far as the gestures and touch screen responding to user input, but I think that is mostly due to user error.
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post
    I've heard good and bad about the Pre's keyboard. Some people have said that it is an absolute pleasure to type on. Some say the ridges and the top of the slider become an impedance. Taking a close look at it myself, it looks like it is going to be great to type on. Even for my fat thumbs.
    You have thumbs on your hooves? Lol...sorry I am in a nutty mood today, I just paid my taxes!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast