Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    There's no one keyboard that can please everyone. I hate the iPhone keyboard, but lots of people are fine with it or outright love it. Despite having fairly large hands, the Centro keyboard works dandy for me. With the Pre having the same feel but being more spaced out, I cannot see me not liking the Pre keyboard.
    Regarding the best keyboard, I don't think I've heard anyone complain about the 755p keyboard, so that is the standard to which I am holding everything else, since it is what I am currently using. I have heard many people say that they like the "gel" feel of the Centro and TP keyboards. I haven't been keen on it yet, but maybe if it's spaced out as it seems to be on the Pre, it will be okay. I am hopeful.

Even if I don't like the keyboard, though, I could see myself getting over it and getting the Pre anway.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Regarding the best keyboard, I don't think I've heard anyone complain about the 755p keyboard, so that is the standard to which I am holding everything else, since it is what I am currently using. I have heard many people say that they like the "gel" feel of the Centro and TP keyboards. I haven't been keen on it yet, but maybe if it's spaced out as it seems to be on the Pre, it will be okay. I am hopeful.

Even if I don't like the keyboard, though, I could see myself getting over it and getting the Pre anway.
    I'm not talking strictly in terms of build quality. Some people like landscape sliders like the Touch pro, and don't like the vertical QWERTY form factor. Some people don't want a hardware QWERTY at all. There's no one solution that pleases everybody in terms of form factor and build quality.

I know a number of people have problems with the Centro keyboard. I never have. It's the only QWERTY I've ever used heavily besides the Moto Q, and it's great for me. I've never touched a Treo keyboard in my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    I'm not talking strictly in terms of build quality. Some people like landscape sliders like the Touch pro, and don't like the vertical QWERTY form factor. Some people don't want a hardware QWERTY at all. There's no one solution that pleases everybody in terms of form factor and build quality.

I know a number of people have problems with the Centro keyboard. I never have. It's the only QWERTY I've ever used heavily besides the Moto Q, and it's great for me. I've never touched a Treo keyboard in my life.
    Agreed, nothing will please everyone. Perhaps I'm just spoiled. I am predisposed to attempt to convince myself that I like the Pre keyboard, even if I don't. I hope that I will like it, and I think there's a good chance that I will.
    One more thing I will need. I don't know if it was mentioned in any videos, but I need a way to view attachments day 1. I don't want to hear "wait for a 3rd party app to come out later".
  5. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post
    Gbp » You've got a great point. If battery life is bad I could always keep a spare battery in my change pocket. I do that with my Blackberry at times.

I think I would still find it rather annoying if the battery life stunk. If I go through 2 batteries a day, then charging them both back up would be frustrating.
    Or you could buy an extended battery. I did for my 800w and tweaked it a bit by turning off the GPS and such , now I charge once a day.

For me the browser is something I use all the time, I wish we get it sooner, I am sure you are eager than most of us here
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Regarding the best keyboard, I don't think I've heard anyone complain about the 755p keyboard, so that is the standard to which I am holding everything else, since it is what I am currently using.
    Isn't the 755p's keyboard pretty much identical to the 700p's? If so, you can count me as a complainer. Did you ever use the Treo 1xx/3xx series? That was the first Treo line. Of all of the Treos, I think that was the best. Each iteration got worse, largely because each iteration made the device a bit narrower. And I even complained about my Treo 300's keyboard at the time. But compared to all of the Treos that came after it, I would love to have it back. I'd gladly accept a slightly wider device if it meant getting a better keyboard.

PS - Check the link in my signature (which is really, really old and I should get rid of that long ago) for a photo of the Treo 300 (the gray one), in case you're not familiar with it.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    I will tell you, based on what you just wrote, you really should not be an early adopter of the Pre, or anything for that matter.

Wait at least 6 months. No offense but you are the type that will be on the forum 3 days later with a laundry list of complaints and remorse.

I was an early adopter of the Sprint HTC Touch and used that POS for over a year, so trust me I can definitely tolerate some bugs. I don't think my list of dealbreakers is too demanding though. I need the pre to be a reliable phone without too much crashing, have reliable data service for emails and web, and good battery life (at least enough for a day without recharging). My current phone (blackberry curve) almost gets everything right by being a fantastic, rock solid phone with great battery life and reliable push email, but the web browsing experience really sucks on it, which is why i'm so excited for the Pre.

I like being an early adopter because it means I'll be one of the first in the world to get to use a great new exciting product. However, that comes with the understanding that there are going to be some bugs or things that don't work the way you thought they would. That said, I guarantee this forum is going to be filled with complaints and remorse within 24 hours of release, simply because there will be some who have unrealistic expectations of a perfect product.
    Deal breaker for me is the SEP requirement, but what can I do...

gbp » Yeah, I'm pretty anxious. I think we all are though. I just check and post on these forums all the time because it's something to do while I smoke my disgusting tobacco. I am in love with the Pre though. I dearly hope the battery will just hold out with moderate use through the day. I suspect it will.
  10. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Goat,
    I used to laugh at folks lining up in front of APPLE store for the original iPhone launch.
    I am afraid I might do the same when Pre comes out
    dealbreaker is pricing over 199. cuz who remembers what happened to the iphone like 2 months after it came out. price dropped drastically
    Quote Originally Posted by Doobs View Post
    dealbreaker is pricing over 199. cuz who remembers what happened to the iphone like 2 months after it came out. price dropped drastically
    That is Apple in general though.

Oh wait.... They just come out with a new model.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234