Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    excuse my words everyone one but Howard Stern is an old outdated ****ing ***** plane and simple nothing more he is nothing less ....
  2.    #22  
    That's nice, but stay on topic..
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    You have thumbs on your hooves? Lol...sorry I am in a nutty mood today, I just paid my taxes!
    Just paid your taxes!? I'm just happy you're not in a homicidal mood!

I'm still bugging Palm to get me some capacitive booties for my hooves.
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post
    Just paid your taxes!? I'm just happy you're not in a homicidal mood!

I'm still bugging Palm to get me some capacitive booties for my hooves.
    Why? When did you pay yours? Or are Goats tax exempt?

Ok...we're off topic...and I don't get homicidal while contributing to CEO bonus payments.....but if I had a choice of CEO's, give it to Dan!
    so... dealbreakers .. anyone ... .... ....
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    none for me, i'll jump right on in and deal with it..one of the expenses of always wanting to try out the newest gadgets..
    I'm buying the Pre as soon as I can. Coming from a BB Storm, this phone will be a "saving grace" for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post

Dealbreakers???

Really short battery life would stink.
    Constant crashes and resets would stink.

Those are my two main concerns. I will still be getting the phone regardless.
    Same here
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    I need to hold a working one in hand before I order, so I'm hoping my sprint stores will have a working model. I don't know if it'd be a "dealbreaker" if they don't, but it'd make me hesitate.

I want to get a good view of what the screen looks like in compared to the iPhone, and how I like the keyboard of it.

Beyond that, little that would stop me from getting it I think at this point.

Keeping it? Well that'd be a different ball of wax depending on how much app support it gets and how WinMo 7 comes out.
    if it's over $500 that'd be a dealbreaker for me
    if it's under $200 it's an instant buy
    Real dealbreakers:

- Subpar battery life. It isnt 2006 and Im not using WM again Palm, get it right. I am not interested in carrying a spare battery again.

- Subpar reception/voice quality. This is a phone after all. I am spoiled by the excellent voice quality on my Blackberry Bold and 8900.

Things that I can live with, but dont like:

- insufficient built in memory. A maximum capacity of 8gb is below average for a smartphone in 2009.

- Lack of removable memory.

- Lack of 802.11n support. I am sick of running my network in dual band mode.

- Lack of VGA 30fps video recording. With this powerful of a processor, in 2009, there is no excuse.

- microUSB port on the right. I prefer it on the left side of the phone. It works better with my current setup.
    Brand new platform is a dealbreaker for me. There are too many things to wait around for. The last time I bought something with a brand new OS was 1996 when I bought the first Palm Pilot. I'm just not sure there is going to be software flooding in over the next year. The Android OS got a lot of hype, too. People were asking me what I thought about that for months. A new platform takes a long time to get established. Me thinks it takes years, not months.
    The iphone was a new platform. And look what happened there. Chances are, all the Palm OS developers are seeing a chance of porting their software over to the new and shiny webOS, and why wouldn't they? Granted, we are going to get the emulator, but just as many people that are set in their ways and will love the ability to use their old software on their new phone, there is an equal or even greater bunch of us that want the shiny new version of the old software.

So we'll have to see how things pan out.
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanharig View Post
    Things that I can live with, but dont like:

- microUSB port on the right. I prefer it on the left side of the phone. It works better with my current setup.
    The phone has acceleromiters so that when you turn the phone upsidedown the screen flips. if you flip the phone over so the port is on the other side you will still be able to see everything the correct way.
    Quote Originally Posted by sraatc17 View Post
    The phone has acceleromiters so that when you turn the phone upsidedown the screen flips. if you flip the phone over so the port is on the other side you will still be able to see everything the correct way.
    Except that only the web browser and maybe the photo gallery appear to be accelerometer aware.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hair View Post
    Except that only the web browser and maybe the photo gallery appear to be accelerometer aware.
    If true that would be a huge bummer, but not a deal breaker, for me ,at all.
    The only deal breaker for me will be forcing me to change my plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by sraatc17 View Post
    If true that would be a huge bummer, but not a deal breaker, for me ,at all.
    With the iPhone the case can easily be made for having multiple applications that are accelerometer aware - the Pre with its fixed hardware keyboard is a harder case to argue.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Not really a dealbreaker, but I really want LJP to work under classic.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Dealbreaker for me: over $250 with contract. I think that would be a HUGE blow to sales.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast