Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    The pre is in the back of the money section in another NOW ad.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    are you able to snap a pic of it?

This would make the third paper today.
    Damn, how many newspapers do I have to buy today still? lol
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    yeah really.!
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    And how many threads do I have to read? Can't we consolidate these?
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Reminiz View Post
    are you able to snap a pic of it?

This would make the third paper today.
    here it is
    Same as the WSJ.

Wow thats a bad picture.
    Seems palm/sprint are doing this launch right.... I like what I'm seeing.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Thanks for sharing coorspate.

I made the picture a little more pda friendly. :-/

Just call me Berd.
    The ad ran again (Wed) but it was different.
    First, the text message on the Pre was changed but the important part is under the Pre in curved lettering is "The Palm Pre."
    So now those who didn't know what phone it was know what it's called.
    Yeah I saw that posted on another site. Smart move. I was thinking they show this new phone in ad and dont even mention its name.
    Running Big Ads like these just means we're getting very close now!!
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Quote Originally Posted by treosixoo View Post
    Running Big Ads like these just means we're getting very close now!!

Any chance this weekend??
    Quote Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
    Any chance this weekend??
    There's always a chance. It's just a very very very very very small chance. If I get struck by lightning while fighting off a shark attack while I am laying claim to my winning lottery ticket, then maybe the Pre will launch this weekend.

Once we start seeing ads that actually feature the Pre (instead of using it to pimp the Now Network), then you can get excited about 'soon.'
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Does anyone else see it as a bad decision to market a phone to the mass without a release date or price?

I know it's really advertising for Sprint AS WELL AS the Pre, but I can just imagine the calls:
    "Hello, I saw this ad in USA Today that had a good looking phone"
    "Yes that is the Palm Pre, Sprint's new, exclusive phone"
    "Oh well can I get one?"
    "Not yet"
    "What do you mean? When can I?"
    "Before July 2009"
    *Click*
    Treo 650p --> Treo 755p --> Pre
    Maybe they think of it as stirring up hype. "Hot new phone coming, just wait a little and it'll be yours" type of thing.

I'm just glad they've finally started mainstreaming the Pre!!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    In coorspate's pic of the Pre ad, in the bottom right corner was a peg board game.

Were you at the Cracker Barrel? What was your score on the peg game? Me, I always end up as ig-no-ramus.
  18. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter E Kurtz View Post
    "Before July 2009"
    *Click*
    Nope
    FIRST HALF OF 2009
    First half of 2009 sounds better to tell people, but doesn't it still mean by July 1st?

However, I'm hoping the May rumors pan out.

HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dic Doc View Post
    In coorspate's pic of the Pre ad, in the bottom right corner was a peg board game.

Were you at the Cracker Barrel? What was your score on the peg game? Me, I always end up as ig-no-ramus.
    Good eye.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast