Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    And look what was posted on www.MyPre.com

Last edited by ImmaSlave4U; 04/10/2009 at 08:30 AM.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." óL. Ron Hubbard
    Apple's been running that ad for a while, so actually Sprint is the copy cat.
    But I love the modifications.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter E Kurtz View Post
    Does anyone else see it as a bad decision to market a phone to the mass without a release date or price?

I know it's really advertising for Sprint AS WELL AS the Pre, but I can just imagine the calls:
    "Hello, I saw this ad in USA Today that had a good looking phone"
    "Yes that is the Palm Pre, Sprint's new, exclusive phone"
    "Oh well can I get one?"
    "Not yet"
    "What do you mean? When can I?"
    "Before July 2009"
    *Click*
    That's a damned-good point! No matter how the rep responds, it's a bad thing for "regular" customers (i.e. not tech geeks who follow every shred of news for six months, waiting) to hear.

Maybe that's why it's an ad for their network and not the phone, as some have said.

So maybe that means it's US, not for the masses. Sprint and Palm have had a slow trickle of news over these past few months, to keep enthusiasts like us tuned in an dehydrated from over-salivating. Maybe this just another way of dangling the carrot.

Then, if any "re'gla" folks notice the phone and call about it, the rep will have a chance to say things on a one-on-one basis that they might not say in front of a camera and a mic:

"We think it'll be ready in June. It's all hush-hush because this will be what replaces the iPhone! Are you already a Sprint customer? Let me tell you about some of the plans we have to offer."
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    There's a new ad in today's USA Today, this one has the stats about tax day with a picture of a Pre, open, on it's back with a Twitter bird standing over it.
    It doesn't say Palm Pre anywhere in the ad.
    With all this web connected stuff in these ads regarding the Pre, I wonder if there's going to be a standalone twitter app day one for it?
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    There's a new ad in today's USA Today, this one has the stats about tax day with a picture of a Pre, open, on it's back with a Twitter bird standing over it.
    It doesn't say Palm Pre anywhere in the ad.
    Thanks. I just went and got the USA today from someone and seen this. I also have a WSJ, I'm going to see if anything is there.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by miles4000 View Post
    With all this web connected stuff in these ads regarding the Pre, I wonder if there's going to be a standalone twitter app day one for it?
    On the screen of the Pre, it's on twitter, I can't tell if it's an app or the web page.
    Any pics?
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treoKing View Post
    Any pics?
    I snapped a few. There is a place here I can upload them isn't there?
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treoKing View Post
    Any pics?
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Thanks for sharing coorspate.

I made the picture a little more pda friendly. :-/

thanks! i was on my phone so no editing for me.
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dic Doc View Post
    In coorspate's pic of the Pre ad, in the bottom right corner was a peg board game.

Were you at the Cracker Barrel? What was your score on the peg game? Me, I always end up as ig-no-ramus.
    yes. i was. me too! lol
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor View Post
    Good eye.
    Well, now THAT wasn't very nice of you now was it? Gotta be nice to everyone now, everyone's got feelings, you know. Don't hurt em!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    Well, now THAT wasn't very nice of you now was it? Gotta be nice to everyone now, everyone's got feelings, you know. Don't hurt em!!!
    ?
    Seriously there marketing campaign is unbeknownst to me I haven't the slightest idea what they are doing. This is crazy! I know about the Pre because I'm a techkie. The average Joe blow wouldn't know what a Pre was if it came and bit him in the ****. Real Talk! Come on Palm and Sprint step up yall game!
    hmmmmmm...interesting...that was not there when I checked earlier......yes..Im watching...LOL
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Well i think they are doing what they do in movies and tv shows have something and then people go and find info of it themselves. "omfg what is that, google blah blah blah from bleh bleh bleh"
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    What's up with that blue tweety bird??

Yuck!
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahootzki View Post
    looks like basically the same thing they had on tax day, just changing the stats around.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast