Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    The guy next me on the train is reading the times. I was looking over and could make out the outline of the pre coming through the back of the page be was reading. Sure enough he finished and flipped to the last page and there was a full page picture of the pre!! I think it was the last page of the main section. Ads are starting, hope this means the pre is close to follow!!
    Pre also in today's Wall Street Journal.
    As I mentioned about six weeks ago a source in a major advert buying agency had noted big buys by Sprint for April.
    These are great signs of a release a few weeks off.
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    As I mentioned about six weeks ago a source in a major advert buying agency had noted big buys by Sprint for April.
    Give Aero props on this one.
    Maybe we'll have a release date and pricing by the end of the month?
    But it was NOTHING about the Pre - it was a "Now Network" ad. But the fact they used the Pre was cool. Also, they did another ful page ad for the Treo Pro a few pages later. 2 full page ads in section A of the WSJ today - wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
    But it was NOTHING about the Pre - it was a "Now Network" ad. But the fact they used the Pre was cool. Also, they did another ful page ad for the Treo Pro a few pages later. 2 full page ads in section A of the WSJ today - wow.
    Its a new ad campaign thats laying the ground work and the Pre specific ads will be coming.
    YEs ... looks like it;s a new sprint campaign but hey are using the Pre as the phone in the article.

Non of these print advertisments mentioned the phone or the phone being on sale

the new Sprint website has a link to fin out abnout the pre (links to the same site reported here a while back)
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Very good call aero. I kept your post on Sprint's advertising budget in the front of my mind since then.

Now it's all coming true.
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
    yeah props to you aero... i do remember reading your post about that.... i wonder when its coming out now...
    We are a sad bunch of people...we're looking forward to commercials! But I am not gonna lie, if one of them somehow gets recorded on my DVR, and I am watching a show and skip through commercials, I'd definitely stop and watch the Pre commercial if one were to pop up!
    was uit the same ad in the Times that was in the WSJ ?
    da Gimp

Yeah does anyone have a picture of it?
    I didnt see it, but assume the Times, WSJ and USA Today are all the same ads.

So they start running ads in April for a early May release? (Hope Pre specific ads are coming soon)
    Quote Originally Posted by miles4000 View Post
    I didnt see it, but assume the Times, WSJ and USA Today are all the same ads.

So they start running ads in April for a early May release? (Hope Pre specific ads are coming soon)
    May 10th or May 17th is my newest prediction.
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post
    May 10th or May 17th is my newest prediction.
    Yep....we'll see who gets to stay on the Island the longest....and who gets a million dollars....and...maybe they will substitute the cash prize for being most popular survivor for being the first person outside of Palm and Sprint to own a Pre!
    The USA Today ad is the same as the Wall Street Journal ad, so I assume the New York Times ad is the same as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by GregV View Post
    The USA Today ad is the same as the Wall Street Journal ad, so I assume the New York Times ad is the same as well.
    nice. thank you
    da Gimp

Yo Manny -

Have you seen this?? LOL

Palm Pre to go on sale on Tax Day? Sprint toes the line on ship date

Imagine if they posted articles based on the speculations on THIS forum LOL
    Last edited by cary328is; 04/06/2009 at 06:16 PM.
    Sounds oddly familiar. That was a nice date for a while...but I way passed that, after all, the source changed the tune too, and I am not one to stick to dates no matter what.