Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    I just heard that Howard went with the Blackberry Bold. I don't know whether he talked about the PRE but when I turned the radio on at 6 past 6 this morning they had just finished up a conversation about the bold. I'll continue to listen to see if he says anything about the PRE.
    he probably couldnt wait that long to get one. this is a prime example of palm not releasing the phone now and losing potential customers. the longer they wait the more people go out and buy iphones or crackberrys.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Okay, just got a Tweet back from Lynn Fox @ Palm - It was probably the Lotus Notes compatibility which most likely forced him to the Bold. She is very cool to have replied to me!
    good, maybe we'll hear no more about him then
    ^ exactly.... Why would i care what that perv thinks of the Pre
    Yeah, I dont think the Pre has out of the box support for Notes.
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahootzki View Post
    And I thought majority of the peeps here in Precentral are hoping for him to give the pre his seal of approval ... who knew :|
    Like we care that you wouldn't care what that perv thinks. Like him or not, his seal of approval reaches out to millions of listeners in some very good demographics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahootzki View Post
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    he can still give a seal of approval, even if he doesn't use it...
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Perv or not, it would've been a coup for the Pre to be his choice due to the advertising alone.

However, as long as he doesn't bad mouth it on air, it shouldn't be a negative for Palm. If he talks positively but simply says that he chose what he chose because of Lotus it should still be a plus because I doubt there are a HUGE amount of potential buyers turned off because of lack of Lotus support.

So, as long as he doesn't just trash the Pre this is a net wash at worst and a slight bump at best if he ends up being complimentary of it.
    next we're going to hear that larry king has turned down the pre because it won't send telegrams...

Stern's actually a pretty organized guy and has needs like the rest of us. He's talked about using Lotus Notes a few times before so obviously it's an important feature for him. What's the beef?
    Quote Originally Posted by PredatoryWasp86 View Post
    next we're going to hear that larry king has turned down the pre because it won't send telegrams...

Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Stern said the Pre was "very nice."
    He didn't rip it.
    The Pre isn't for everybody, it seems the Lotus Notes was the big thing.
    No big deal.
    And those millions of listeners just learned he went to RIM. So much for that.

If Palm is going to target nutcase celebrities, they could do better. But if i was palm, i wouldn't waste the time and just stick to a mainstream focus.

They should be working with slingbox or other developers that have lots of users. I would've gave em what they needed and even enticed it by saying we'll feature you in our app store and you keep 100% of the profits for a year. Apps that have built in branding.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    Stern's actually a pretty organized guy and has needs like the rest of us. He's talked about using Lotus Notes a few times before so obviously it's an important feature for him. What's the beef?
    I think what he was saying is it's time to update your software, and there are better options out there.

I'm not even sure Lotus Notes is supported anymore.
    Personally, I was never too stoked on the idea of owning the same phone as Howard Stern.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." óL. Ron Hubbard
    Quote Originally Posted by Reminiz View Post
    I think what he was saying is it's time to update your software, and there are better options out there.

I'm not even sure Lotus Notes is supported anymore.

It is still used in many corporate environments and is still most definitely "supported".

I loved at the beginning of this thread people were saying how great it would be for Palm if Stern gave it a good review. Now that he decided to use the Bold, people are calling him a "perv".
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    It is still used in many corporate environments and is still most definitely "supported".

I loved at the beginning of this thread people were saying how great it would be for Palm if Stern gave it a good review. Now that he decided to use the Bold, people are calling him a "perv".
    To be fair, people always called him a perv.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    It's astounding to me that he was big on Lotus Notes. This guy has been an old Palm head for ages. Does Palm do Notes?
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    The screen on the BB bold is too small for me. I am sure that it does a great job with email.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast