Global Posts
    319 Global Posts

just a question of thought. i have small fingers so i'd imagine it will be awkward typing vertically. we'll see

would be nice to have your fingers on those round edges with a slide keyboard on the side

Made this just for fun...I'm Kermit

i doubt palm will ever make a horizontal keyboard version.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Young HoV 718 View Post
    i doubt palm will ever make a horizontal keyboard version.
    While I don't think it's a guarantee, remember that Palm has already said they will offer multiple webOS handhelds with different form-factors and featuresets.

I'm willing to bet that if the Pre manages to save Palm as a company, you'll see a slate, physical keyboard-less version (possibly the Centro-killer?), and possibly a landscape oriented device. Hell, I bet that if webOS takes off enough, I'm willing to put money on a "Foleo 2" just running webOS - the OS is pretty much resolution-independent because it's all rendered based on CSS - so you can pretty easily run the same apps on a 480x320 phone screen or a 800x480 netbook screen.
    I would figure someone with small fingers would prefer the vertical keyboard over the horizontal since it's a smaller space. Perhaps you think your hands are too weak to hold it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Camel View Post

just a question of thought. i have small fingers so i'd imagine it will be awkward typing vertically. we'll see

would be nice to have your fingers on those round edges with a slide keyboard on the side

I think you will find that the vertical orientation actually works better for someone with smaller hands. Really the only place it will be an issue is entering text while surfing horizontally. And in that case, as long as the accelerometer is fast and accurate turning it to vertical to enter text and back to continue browsing wont be a big deal.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts

Damn... that guys hand makes the screen look soo small!!
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El