1.    #1  
    Just watching all the videos again. I only see gtalk being used as an IM client. Does this mean no AOL, yahoo, or MSN?
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    I was wondering this myself
    They've shown AIM will be supported too, but that's all so far.
    I'm sure nearly every I'm client you could ever wish for will come out for the Pre soon after it's release. (Except for my wonderful Blackberry Messenger of course)

I wouldn't worry too much about it. You'll see Yahoo, etc. fairly soon.
    They mentioned in a previous video that they are working on the contracts for the others.

Gtalk is all I use anymore though, so I don't care.
    Goggle Talk? is that like an IM program for when you're drunk and start texting the 2 at 10 and 10 at 2's?
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post
    I'm sure nearly every I'm client you could ever wish for will come out for the Pre soon after it's release. (Except for my wonderful Blackberry Messenger of course)

I wouldn't worry too much about it. You'll see Yahoo, etc. fairly soon.
    Will the api's be available so these developers can build their clients into the Pre's contact app synergy?
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    Goggle Talk? is that like an IM program for when you're drunk and start texting the 2 at 10 and 10 at 2's?
    No, no. It's the new underwater IM app for scuba folks!
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Will the api's be available so these developers can build their clients into the Pre's contact app synergy?
    im sure of it as that is one of the PRE's major features...
    Mike (FOOmanJEW) Jaret-Schachter
    Running With Scissors
    Producer
    www.runningwithscissors.com
    www.twitter.com/mikejaret
    Mobileman I really have no idea.

I don't see why Palm would let the "Synergy" thing die off right after liftoff due to not letting other I'm clients in on it.