Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 40
  1.    #1  
    For me it's Oracle and Palmasutra.

    (Oh, come on. It's Friday.)
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
  2. #2  
    Friday !

    For me, some simple games. Marbles, lines, etc.

    SplashID - great app. I;m sure there will be a pre version. but i don't want to spend a day with out it

    i;m sure more will come to mind as the days passs
    da Gimp

    Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
  3. #3  
    Definitely CallBlock. I'm currently blocking 7 people and would like to keep doing that. Now if there is an App for the Pre I'll definitely use that.
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
  4. #4  
    None! I'm ready to make the break with POS. Well maybe I'll get it based on its price.

    IPCalc, iServices n Baseconverter.
  5. #5  
    I hope none. But if no ebook reader is forthcoming in the near term, I'd pony up for the emulator and load eReader, Mobipocket and Tealdoc to tide me over.
  6. #6  
    I dont think you can use call block. The Palm Apps only run when you have the emulator running and they shut when you close them. Palm OS programs cant control any features etc of the PRE if it works like Styletap. So I doubt call block or programs like Butler etc will not work.

    Quote Originally Posted by nojok3 View Post
    Definitely CallBlock. I'm currently blocking 7 people and would like to keep doing that. Now if there is an App for the Pre I'll definitely use that.
  7. #7  
    • SplashMoney - Will switch to the Pre version when it comes out.
    • SplashID - Ditto.
    • QuikBudget - No longer in development, other programs sucked when I last looked around for one. Will use this until I write my own since it can stand some improvement anyway.
    • ThoughtManager - Will switch to Pre version of SplashNotes (same program, they bought it from the author and rebranded it) if it comes out. I'm hoping it will. Otherwise I may have to write my own.
    • MyPersonalDiet - Will switch to a Pre equivalent when one comes out. Have good ideas for my own but I don't know how easy or difficult it will be to get or make a food database.
    • A bunch of games I don't play much anymore but what the hell, I already paid for them. Since Bejeweled runs most of these should as well.

    As you can see, I live on my Treo. You don't even want to know how much random information I have stored in ThoughtManager. Before the Classic announcement I thought I was going to have to carry them both around for months until everything got transitioned over.
  8. #8  
    Slingplayer, City Time and Be Crossword.
    If it doesn't work with my Slingbox, no sale.
  9. #9  
    Slingplayer did not work on Styletap. I asked slingplayer back in the day and they told me that it will not work on emulators. Hopefully this one does but I am not counting on it. VNC Programs also did not work on styletap. Programs that access Internet and Hotsync and the phone app/calendar did not work on styletap.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    Slingplayer did not work on Styletap. I asked slingplayer back in the day and they told me that it will not work on emulators. Hopefully this one does but I am not counting on it. VNC Programs also did not work on styletap. Programs that access Internet and Hotsync and the phone app/calendar did not work on styletap.
    Programs that access the Internet will work on Classic. Classic will support programs that need HotSync just for a user name but not for actual synching.

    Classic won't have access to the phone though, nor will it have access to the Pre's calendar. It will have it's own calendar app just for compatibility, but that's pretty worthless since it won't share the data.
  11. #11  
    greg does apps that use internet data work ?? That was the issue with Styletap you could access the net but was impossible to stream etc so programs like Sling / VNC / Pocket tunes / Snapper Mail / Chatter etc did not work. do you know if they will ? If it does then this is a big yes for slingplayer and palm vnc etc.
  12. #12  
    HandyShopper!
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    greg does apps that use internet data work ?? That was the issue with Styletap you could access the net but was impossible to stream etc so programs like Sling / VNC / Pocket tunes / Snapper Mail / Chatter etc did not work. do you know if they will ? If it does then this is a big yes for slingplayer and palm vnc etc.
    Since Chatter is actually very hack-y, and pretty tightly integrated to the Treos, I'd doubt it'll work either. Though, assuming that the Palm email app has IMAP Idle (which I don't think is an unreasonable assumption, but we'll see), I can't see why you'd ever want to use Chatter instead (and I absolutely love it on the Treo).

    And for the record "port" in the title was a very poor choice of words. Normally when you talk about porting, that means that a developer will make a version for a new system. What the original poster seems to have meant was which programs will you emulate on the Pre.
  14. dsei's Avatar
    Posts
    194 Posts
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by GregV View Post
    • SplashMoney - Will switch to the Pre version when it comes out.
    • SplashID - Ditto.
    • QuikBudget - No longer in development, other programs sucked when I last looked around for one. Will use this until I write my own since it can stand some improvement anyway.
    • ThoughtManager - Will switch to Pre version of SplashNotes (same program, they bought it from the author and rebranded it) if it comes out. I'm hoping it will. Otherwise I may have to write my own.
    • MyPersonalDiet - Will switch to a Pre equivalent when one comes out. Have good ideas for my own but I don't know how easy or difficult it will be to get or make a food database.
    • A bunch of games I don't play much anymore but what the hell, I already paid for them. Since Bejeweled runs most of these should as well.

    As you can see, I live on my Treo. You don't even want to know how much random information I have stored in ThoughtManager. Before the Classic announcement I thought I was going to have to carry them both around for months until everything got transitioned over.
    Regarding MyPersonalDiet, it'd be cool to have an app that integrates (via the cloud) to MyFitnessPal. It already has a pretty extensive food database and would give you the ability to make your changes on a computer or your mobile and have it all synced up nicely.
  15. #15  
    I also would never use it , was just wondering if it would worked.


    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Since Chatter is actually very hack-y, and pretty tightly integrated to the Treos, I'd doubt it'll work either. Though, assuming that the Palm email app has IMAP Idle (which I don't think is an unreasonable assumption, but we'll see), I can't see why you'd ever want to use Chatter instead (and I absolutely love it on the Treo).

    And for the record "port" in the title was a very poor choice of words. Normally when you talk about porting, that means that a developer will make a version for a new system. What the original poster seems to have meant was which programs will you emulate on the Pre.
  16. #16  
    AsciiChart
    Convert
    FloatCnvt
    RPN

    If the Pre does not have something similar and it works
    BigClock

    If it works
    Slingbox
    That would remove any doubt about getting the Pre
    Avigo > PalmIII > PalmIIIEX > Visor > Prism > Prism w/Data module > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700P > Pre
  17. #17  
    1) Olive Tree
    2) LJP
    3) a whole bunch of maybes depending on what is available for the pre, including: ereader, mobipocket, documents to go, splashmoney, TCPMP
    4) Anything I want, if i dont like the Web OS way of handling it. I love palm for the customization and functionality: if you dont like the built in version, change it. and I am excited about the opportunity to be just as nit picky and critical of anything I dont like with web os, just as I have done with palm os. That is why I am so excited about an emulator: in a word, Options. I admit im the grumpy old man of software, and have ALWAYS used POS. so I am pleased by the opportunity to change at my own pace

    I should say, I am hoping the day will come soon when I dont need the emulator, and Web OS will give me the options that will suit my fancy, but until the developers catch up, I wont have to change my over critical nature. Thank you Motion Apps
  18. Dic Doc's Avatar
    Posts
    50 Posts
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    #18  
    I don't think that the Classic will be loaded standard on the phone - it will be a third party app you have to pay for. There are a few things I might want to bring over - random notes, SplashID, ePocrates - but if I am faced with a choice of buying the new program optimized for the Pre or the Classic, I will drop my old Palm apps.
  19. #19  
    1. Agendus
    2. WOrdsmith (cannot live without my memos!)
    3. Splashmoney
    4. Medical apps.
    5. Blazer (JOKE!)
  20. #20  
    Palmary Clock, Audible Player, AcidFreecell, Gamebox Asia, RescoSudoku,
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions