Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I hope Butler is ported in some fashion. I love the control it gives...especially with regards to the LED (not present on pre), app launching, and *especially* remote lock and wipe.

That last one came in handy today. I lost my 700p this afternoon at a technical symposium. I set it down somewhere and then could not find it. After checking with various facility reps and determining that it had not yet been handed in, I borrowed a buddy's Blackberry to send a special SMS to my phone, which triggers Butler to lock the device. This was after lunch. I then decided that if it was not located by the end of the day, I was sending the Butler command to wipe both the RAM and the SD card. Fortunately, it was turned in several hours later, so the last command was not necessary...but this type of function is going to be critical on a device that is wired into all of my other accounts in the "cloud."
    IIIx -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Launch day Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    I dont think you can use call block. The Palm Apps only run when you have the emulator running and they shut when you close them. Palm OS programs cant control any features etc of the PRE if it works like Styletap. So I doubt call block or programs like Butler etc will not work.
    i hope someone will redo call block i cant live with out it
    I got my palm pre on day 1 Treo 755p with sprint
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
    Nvback up on 2nd 1gig sd card
    +1 Butler (I hope the software is updated to integrate fully w/ WebOS.)
    DateBk (I'll settle for another product that acts the SAME way it does.)
    I use the access to the 'net more than any other. So, don't need to worry about that. Beyond that, I just want to tweak the whole device like I've done w/ the 755p.
    justjill3

Palm Pre!!!,Treo 755p, Treo 650, more Palm devices in the past, ect., ect., etc.
    Running Datebk6, Takephone, Butler, Technician, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Cleanup, Uninstall, Splash Suite, Zlauncher, Reset Doctor, SafeGuard, Power Hero, Audible, Audio Gateway...
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Slingplayer + Pre = Sale

No other equation is possible for me.
    I don't really consider this a app more of a hack KeyCapsHack 0.7: KeyCapsHack - PalmGear.com: Download Palm Software for your Treo, Centro, Tungsten, LifeDrive or other Palm OS Device Best app/hack when i had my treo 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyazn23 View Post
    I don't really consider this a app more of a hack KeyCapsHack 0.7: KeyCapsHack - PalmGear.com: Download Palm Software for your Treo, Centro, Tungsten, LifeDrive or other Palm OS Device Best app/hack when i had my treo 650.
    Definitely. I'm hoping that will be the default behavior, though I'm not optimistic. On a Blackberry you can hold down a key and it will go from lower to upper without any special software. It won't go lower > upper > symbol like you can make KeyCaps do, but I could live with that.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Secret!, at least until it's either ported to WebOS or I find a suitable replacement.
    When I get the Pre, I might actually try to do those SNES and NES games on there since I haven't done it on my Centro yet. I'm scared to do it cause I don't want to crash my phone plus I haven't read many reviews about it
    Nokia American Idol Phone< Motorola RAZR<Nokia Flip Phone<Sidekick Slide<Palm Centro<HTC Snap

Currently Enjoying: Palm Pixi
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    The only app I might try to keep is TomTom. I know there's the Sprint Navigator thing, but I'm not sure I want to use data and GPS at the same time. Sounds like a recipe for high battery usage. May be a moot point since the version of TomTom that I had on my 700P was version 6. I'm sure many of the maps have been updated. I'm glad to have options. My mom will keep ePocrates and was really excited when I sent a recent video featuring MotionApps Classic running ePocrates.
    My 2, it's all I can spare
    Treo 270 Treo 600 Treo 700P *** Unmentionable *** Pre {rooted}
    Bejeweled 2. But guess should be fine for now since there's Classic.
    Quote Originally Posted by cckgz4 View Post
    When I get the Pre, I might actually try to do those SNES and NES games on there since I haven't done it on my Centro yet. I'm scared to do it cause I don't want to crash my phone plus I haven't read many reviews about it
    LJP (which allows one to play NES, SNES, etc. games) works nicely on the 755p. I know you've got a Centro, but if I remember correctly, Dieter has said they're darn-near the same phone.

For whatever it's worth, I think you're safe.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    I use LJP on my Sprint Centro with no problems.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by comedytreogirl View Post
    i hope someone will redo call block i cant live with out it
    +1
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    There are soooo many apps I'd like to transfer over to the Pre if possible. It's hard to even begin, as I've been using Palm apps for 10 years.

Some of the most useful apps I've been using the past few years are:

ChatterEmail: For instant/push emails. Can't go back to manually pressing the "get new" mail anymore! So lame.

SplashMoney: To avoid those pesky $10 overdraft fees from Citibank. I use this religiously for every transaction.

CallBlock: Very useful! Really works well too!

PdaNet: I've paid for 3 different licenses for my Treo 650, 700, 755. That's how useful PdaNet is! I use it less so nowadays because I'm paying for a wireless modem card, but I still find this app highly useful.

DateBook6: I can't tell you how often I use the "Float" calendar feature of this app! I'm constantly floating calendar items! Otherwise, I would not remember to scroll backwards in my calendar to see if I missed doing anything.

xWeather: Very useful for checking weather forecast first thing before I walk out the door in the morning.

Documents: Pretty self explanatory, I think.

mVoice: I use this when I need to record anything...including phone calls!

PocketTunes: I sometimes listen to internet music (oldies stations 70s and 80s music) when sitting at the coffee shop on a lazy Sunday morning.

ShortCut5: Very useful little utility app for creating shortcuts. I've been using this app to send an instant reply to email spammers. I simply press the "." button to activate ShortCut5 and press a predefine shortcut code such as "em" which then instantly types out "Please STOP sending me your emails, and remove me from your list immediately. Thank you for your cooperation. Casey" Great little app that resides in the "Prefs" category. I also use this app for entering my email address, passwords, phrases, sentences, etc.

I could go on and on, but these are what come to mind for now.
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    I will definitely port over "TreoAlarm" and use that until a real WebOS alarm is developed.
    I don't really have any other useful PalmOS apps I would care to port over.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    This is just a suggestion but for those who want to have a Palm OS app work in WEBOS try contacting the developer for the program and see if they are working on a WEBOS version or if they will in the future. The Emulator is great but WEBOS features will work much better. Just my .02 worth.
    DA - until we have an uber WebOS version or replacement

GoodLink - Hopefully, the native WebOS/Synergy apps will be a replacement.

SplashWallet - Until we get the WebOS version.

AIRoboform - Would be great to get a WebOS native version that actually filled in the web browser inputs like the desktop version.

Kinoma / TCMP - Needed?

USB Modem - Possible?

CardReader - Oh, wait, there IS NO CARD. :-(

ezReset - I hope this is not needed...

Dictionary, Thesaurus, Spellcheck of some sort (other than using online services like TFD.com).
    Datebook is a must for me. Is it possiable?
    SplashMoney
    SplashID
    DateBk
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Space Trader :-)
    Faire sans dire
    "To do without speaking"
    (DEEDS NOT WORDS)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12