1.    #1  
    Hi i have been following the pre for sometime now, and i am a hardcore blackberry user that WILL defect on day 1. Currently my BES is down and I have been using gmail sync to sync my calendar on my phone to my gmail calendar and the same sync prog on my desktop to sync my outlook calendar to my gmail calendar SO they will all be the same. I hate this process, but since my BES is down its the only way.

I am curious how the PRE will handle syncing? Will there be a program i install on my desktop that will sync my contacts, emails and mailbox via the web similar to BES but on a single user level? I have an exchange server, will there be a PRE plugin for it? Am i going to have to sync via cable, which would royally stink?

Any info on this would be greatly appreciated!

Sorry if this is a dupe and there are a thousand threads about this, i REALLY dont have time to troll through logs and search. Thanks guys

CANT WAIT FOR THIS PHONE ALREADY.
    Mike (FOOmanJEW) Jaret-Schachter
    Running With Scissors
    Producer
    www.runningwithscissors.com
    www.twitter.com/mikejaret
    I think your set. All the demo's have been using google calendar, it syncs automatically as long as you have a data connection. It also seems Palm the company uses exchange servers, so what you see in the demo's will be what you experience.

On the desktop, I'm not sure. I think Palm won't supply anything for the desktop.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    If you read ONE of the threads, you probably would have found the answers you are looking for. As of right now, there is no desktop sync, it is all done through the cloud.

From Palm's site.

Microsoft Outlook® email with Microsoft® Direct Push Technology
    POP3/IMAP (Yahoo, Gmail, AOL, etc).

Connected calendars and contacts
    Pre uses the Palm® Synergy™ feature to bring your Outlook®,2 Google, and Facebook® calendars together for one logical view of your day. And if you have the same contacts in different places, Pre can link them together, making it easy to find the information you need.
    Yeah, all syncing is done OTA, no desktop required or needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outrigger View Post
    Yeah, all syncing is done OTA, no desktop required or needed.
    I still think there should be some type of local sync. Lots of corporate users wont have "cloud" access to the exchange environment without some type of VPN access.
  6.    #6  
    thanks for the responses guys. Im good on my knowledge for now! now i just cant effin wait!!
    Mike (FOOmanJEW) Jaret-Schachter
    Running With Scissors
    Producer
    www.runningwithscissors.com
    www.twitter.com/mikejaret