1.    #1  
    Nothing really earth-shattering here but they rate it pretty highly.

The Palm Pre Will Be an iPhone Killer - Business Center - PC World
    I'm honestly really sick of hearing about these so called "killers". Every touchscreen is trying to be an iphone killer. We have the iphone killer, blackberry killer, Winmo killer... killer this, killer that. So far, I haven't seen anything that was killed.

I'm no apple fanboy and dislike the iphone, but when you have a writer comparing these two products and declaring one a killer when he/she hasn't even seen/touched/used one in person, it does make one question the writer's objectivity.

I'm waiting for the Pre like everyone else, but I'll hold off my conclusion until I actually use the thing. Like so many other "flagship" products, so many things look good on paper, but when it comes to real world usability, it falls short, so keeping my expectations realistic and I'm never disappointed.
    Last edited by Outrigger; 04/03/2009 at 10:10 AM.
    I dont like the iPhone killer line. Let's face it the iPhone is not going anywhere (meaning it will still be popular). I say the Pre is the anti-iPhone, great option for people who dont want an iPhone.
    Quote Originally Posted by miles4000 View Post
    I say the Pre is the anti-iPhone, great option for people who dont want an iPhone.
    Or in my case, I want them both.
    me 2
    Jimmie Geddes
    Thats cool, but for the average user its about one phone.
    The Pre does not need to kill anything to be sucessful. The smartphone market is set to expand, and that is the target for the Pre.

Besides - hot chicks love the Pre:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outrigger View Post
    so many things look good on paper, but when it comes to real world usability, it falls short,
    You can be a real real buzz-killer sometimes...did you know that?

Actually, I think the headline was written by someone else than the author of the article as is usually the case. In fact, the article really doesn't even say or imply anything other than that the Pre might be a competitor for the iPhone.

It's fairly balanced except that it really should have compared the Pre that hasn't been released yet to the iPhone OS that hasn't been released yet since it looks like they both will come out about the same time (except that the iPhone still might have a hardware update this year).
    , so many things look good on paper, but when it comes to real world usability, it falls short,
    Like Communism?
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
    so many things look good on paper, but when it comes to real world usability, it falls short

Like the Mets
    Yes... but the pre does not have a successful music line behind it... the apple does. Not certain how that makes the pre an iphone killer... not even sure they are even in the category... the pre can do different things from within its OS that makes it different from the iphone.

Whatever....

Why not a WM killer? BB killer? Those would make just about the same sense...

Of course they are trying to move headlines, so I'd more than likely have that headline as well... got us talking about it.. lol

I want a pre... if the guinee pigs -- I mean early adopters -- declare it to be a good device.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Funny Apples says there are two new iPhones coming out I wonder if it will be in June?
    "Squeek, squeek" You sound as if you don't have much respect for The Guinee Pigs! Do you suffer from fear of failure??? "Squeek?" Someone had to go on the first rocket to space. "squeek"
    Someone had to try Pasteur's mold.

Give us a break. Squeek!

Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    Yes... but the pre does not have a successful music line behind it... the apple does. Not certain how that makes the pre an iphone killer... not even sure they are even in the category... the pre can do different things from within its OS that makes it different from the iphone.

Whatever....

Why not a WM killer? BB killer? Those would make just about the same sense...

Of course they are trying to move headlines, so I'd more than likely have that headline as well... got us talking about it.. lol

I want a pre... if the guinee pigs -- I mean early adopters -- declare it to be a good device.