1.    #1  
    The way they said that they waill release it gradually, can only mean that the Pre will not come very fast I'm afraid, because it sounded that they are not talking a week or two, but weeks or even months.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahootzki View Post
    The way they said that they waill release it gradually, can only mean that the Pre will not come very fast I'm afraid, because it sounded that they are not talking a week or two, but weeks or even months.
    the iPhone SDK came out a yr after the phone that doesnt mean anything just less apps
  3.    #3  
    I meant they will release the SDK gradually till the luanch date of the Phone, gradually means slowly till release, so it's not coming out that fast.
    Well, Palm has to balance two conflicting needs: a) get sufficient apps out quickly so that users have a good experience, and b) developing the SDK to the point that it is solid and provides a great foundation for high quality apps. The first requires a quick release of an SDK, and the second requires much more time. I think Palm is doing exactly the right thing. They're getting the SDK out to a limited audience to develop some good quality apps and get feedback on the SDK so far. As development of the SDK continues, it will get better, and eventually there will be a full public release. In the meantime there will be some good apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahootzki View Post
    I meant they will release the SDK gradually till the luanch date of the Phone, gradually means slowly till release, so it's not coming out that fast.
    the SDK can come out next year, that wouldn't hold back the release of the phone. Problems with the phone itself might, not because the SDK isn't fully released. Would it help Palm to get the full SDK out quick, yep, the more apps the better interest for the phone and what it can do.
    Remember Apple survived about a year with no 3rd party native apps.. until the SDK came out. Although Palm knows they've created something spectacular, they will definitely need help from developers to energize the platform.

I think the biggest advantage to opening the SDK to selective developers is to ensure high quality apps that capitalize on tight OS integration & synergy of cloud services to debut on Web OS.

I think through this would re-ignite that close Palm & developer relationship once had.. but seemed to have withered away.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Seriously. anyone that's trying to convince themselves there is a release coming before June is likely setting themselves up for disappointment. Just tell yourself its getting released in June and then if it hits earlier its a bonus.

Yeah, the "early" release of the SDK probably means it'll be a slow application only process for a month or two with it opening to a full release probably a few weeks before launch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Seriously. anyone that's trying to convince themselves there is a release coming before June is likely setting themselves up for disappointment. Just tell yourself its getting released in June and then if it hits earlier its a bonus.

Yeah, the "early" release of the SDK probably means it'll be a slow application only process for a month or two with it opening to a full release probably a few weeks before launch.
    true, until june comes and goes, it's still on track. anything earlier is a bonus
    We all need to realize there is no release in the immediate future. May 15th to June 30 is the time . Somewhere in there i bet. Lets just all hope that they release it on time . ( time being by June 30th)
    My take on it is that I think that Palm want to pick developers with programs that will enhance the release package and restrict the numbers so that it is feasible to provide some support.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    My take on it is that I think that Palm want to pick developers with programs that will enhance the release package and restrict the numbers so that it is feasible to provide some support.
    So you mean the ifart app guys didn't get a pre-release version of the SDK?
    The release of the phone is not dependent on the full release of the SDK. They don't have to happen at the same time. Until recently it looked like it wouldn't be released at all until sometime after the Pre was out.