View Poll Results: Will the Palm Pre be your first Palm product?

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

30 26.09%
  • No

85 73.91%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lugose View Post
    This is going to be a slanted survey, you are on treocentral after all.
    I was actually surprised to see so many people say it would be their first.

Palm M100
    Palm 755p
    Palm 800w

still using Palm 755p lol
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    ^ Yes it is my first. And I'm sorry to say but until the Pre I never ever paid any attention to Palms products. I mean their own OS looks absolutely primitive and kind of limiting. In addition, all their smartphones (which a lot of youse seem to have) were just a brink-and-a-half size-wise.

In fact, I don't think I would have known so much of their previous phones that I do today if it wasn't for the Pre.
    Funny - plam had a bard rep based on looks.
    actually , despite the OS ugliness, it worked great. very common sense. and the TREO bulkiness made them sturdy phones that could take a beating and keep on going.

of course, if anyone doesn't think the pre was abolutly needed u'd been nuts. the P- OS had to go
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    PalmPilot
    Visors (4)
    Prism
    Treo 300
    Treo 600
    Treo 700
    Centro
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by haydur View Post
    ^ Yes it is my first. And I'm sorry to say but until the Pre I never ever paid any attention to Palms products. I mean their own OS looks absolutely primitive and kind of limiting. In addition, all their smartphones (which a lot of youse seem to have) were just a brink-and-a-half size-wise.

In fact, I don't think I would have known so much of their previous phones that I do today if it wasn't for the Pre.
    You also have to consider the time frame when these Palm phones came out. They're old. The 755p is 2 years old (in May? Not sure). The features such as threaded SMS which is still a very limited feature on most phones, email and web were way ahead of their time and I'm sure if someone approached you with a 755p two years ago, you would have been very impressed. Unfortunately Palm's initial answer was the Centro which didn't improve the OS at all just came in smaller hardware. The Pre is a mix of new OS and hardware which will make it that much more exciting.

I agree also that the OS worked wonderful. Its still very fast compared to other phones and customization is something that other than Apple, was only available on Windows Mobile. Palm always had more applications than Win Mob so it was the primary choice for people who planned on using 3rd party apps.
    Last edited by nojok3; 04/03/2009 at 01:33 PM.
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    The pre will be my first...I have never really been interested in Palm devices that much or even mobile phones in general but the pre really made me take a good look at these devices and got me hooked and the pre. I have been an at&t costumer for about 5 or 6 years and the pre is making me make the jump over to Sprint, I can't wait.
    Global Posts
    198 Global Posts
    Nope..700p was my first one. Have had it two years..still on the first one and works like a charm. Probably going to keep both the 700 and the Pre because I think excel will be a lot easier on the 700.
    The Pre will be my first.

I had some old Kyocera flip phone, then a Sanyo M7900 flip phone, followed by the Samsung A900. The first pda is my current phone, the Sprint Touch.

I have been with Sprint for years, mostly because I am happy with their rates and service. As long as they keep doing what they have been doing, I will stay with them and base my phone choices on what Sprint has to offer.
    I'm surprised the results aren't more heavily slanted to previous users. I'm also surprised at how many some people have had. Me:

Handspring Visor Neo.
    Palm Treo 650.
    End of list.

Yup, that it. And I'm actually still on the 650. I never wanted to sign up for another two years to get essentially the same thing, and their next-gen OS was always supposedly right over the horizon. I've actually been holding out for Cobalt, then their Linux OS, and now WebOS that long. I seriously considered leaving a few times, but it would be such a PITA with all the apps and data I absolutely rely on.
    I've had:

Treo 650
    Treo 700p
    Centro

Palm Pre will be my 4th.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    My eighth if I'm counting right.
    USR palm pilot
    palm IIIe
    treo 180
    treo 600
    treo 650
    centro

so the pre'll be my 7th
    Never owned a Palm device. Been with WinMo since having smartphones.

Pre will be my first, barring any silly anti-SERO policies.
    My first was the US Robotics Palm Pilot 1000!
    ...and quite a few since then!
    You missed out on the Samsung i500.
    Quote Originally Posted by haydur View Post
    In addition, all their smartphones (which a lot of youse seem to have) were just a brink-and-a-half size-wise.
    For the rundown...

pilot 5000
    pilot Pro
    IIIxe
    Vx
    Kyo 6035
    Treo 270
    Samsung i500
    700p
    Centro
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    My sig tells all...

I can't believe that many people are first timers!! You won't be dissapointed (hopefuller )
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    I do not count my Visor Handspring Pro so I voted yes.

as far as cell phones go I have not bought more than one from any one company
    1 kyocera, 1 LG, 1 Moto
    No.
    treo 90
    treo 300
    treo 600
    treo 650
    treo 700p
    treo 755p

Pre will be my 7th (although technically, the 90, 300 and 600 were Handspring products.) Whats really interesting is that I've been on a roll with Sprint since i got my original 300 in October of 2003 for free after rebates. My 600 was also free as warranty replacement for the 300, my 650 was free as a swap for the 600, same for the 700 and 755 too! Ive always carried insurance and extended warranty so I've never actually had to purchase I just wait for the phone to wear out or break and I get upgraded. This brings up an interesting question. Since the 755 is now EOL, what will the insurance company replace it with once their stock of 755 is depleted?
    Last edited by eekinsman; 04/06/2009 at 09:31 AM.
    Nope.

Palm, I had the IIIc, TX, and still using my Centro.

But Palm OS wise it's IIIc, CLIE T665, CLIE TJ-37, TX, Centro.
    Quote Originally Posted by NBENZ View Post
    I have been an at&t costumer for about 5 or 6 years and the pre is making me make the jump over to Sprint, I can't wait.
    Your wallet will be happy for that.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast