Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Palm Pre CTIA Video Demos Part 2

in this video it lights up. Now does it light up for new notifications?... we shall see
    I pray it does. That is about the only thing I will miss about my Blackberry when I get a Pre... That is if the Pre doesn't have a notification light. I'm almost sure they will make that light notify you... I just don't see why they wouldn't.
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
    It sure does! Shouldn't be hard at all for them to make the thing blink when you have a message, email, or a missed call.

What I want to know is... once you swipe those notes off the screen, where are they saved? What happens when you return to the pinboard corkwall thing? I guess, they will be there stuck to it until you actually delete it.

Can't wait for that phone to come out!

The one thing that I noticed in all those videos are those stupid neon lights they seem to use in that building, they always reflect in the screen so you can't always see what's going on. They had a much better setup at CES where every phone was demonstrated at some station with no lights interfering.
    The new Treo Pro has a cool notification light in the Palm logo of the directional enter button. So I would assume/hope they have something similar setup for the Pre since it's designed and built after the Treo Pro with the same shiny casing and design.
    It sucks that reviewers don't mention little things like that. I watched a few video reviews of it, and there was not mention of the notification light on the Pro. But yeah, if the Pro has it, I have high hopes the Pre has something similar, especially since that video showed that there is a light in there.
    They get notifications all the time and I never see the lights blink.
    Since the light is used to indicate gesture activity when the phone is on, I would expect any notification light to blink only when the phone is off. And we haven't seen much of that in the videos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    Palm Pre CTIA Video Demos Part 2

in this video it lights up. Now does it light up for new notifications?... we shall see
    No there are NO notification lights.
    What happens is the screen lights up then dims. ONCE.
    Well Palm could release an API for programming the LED and we could potentially see an utility for customizing it right?

Its the first generation of Web OS on the Pre.. so lets cut them some slack.
    They mention in this video that when locked it show's time only. Notifications would show up briefly at bottom but no lights.

http://www.palminfocenter.com/news/9...od-on-the-pre/
    I'm sure there will be 3rd party apps within the coming months after the release. What I'm looking forward to is actually skins/themes for the webos.
    After extensive in person demo's this week, I can confirm that there are two "hidden" led's that light up in the gesture area on the sides of the center button when certain gestures are performed. The center button itself also illuminates.
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmInfocenter View Post
    After extensive in person demo's this week, I can confirm that there are two "hidden" led's that light up in the gesture area on the sides of the center button when certain gestures are performed. The center button itself also illuminates.
    We've seen that since CES.
    Also the issue is if these will lite when getting email, vmail, etc...

I dont think they will without some 3rd party software added.
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmInfocenter View Post
    Did you ask about whether those lights will be used to signal a notifcation when the screen is off? No one ever asks the simple questions!
    Quote Originally Posted by miles4000 View Post
    Also the issue is if these will lite when getting email, vmail, etc...

I dont think they will without some 3rd party software added.
    Probably not, but I do not think we would have to wait long. I mean, if they can get an Palm OS emulator working, I am feeling a fairly positive about the development community and what they will be able to do with this thing once they are unleashed. Next stop USB host capability for expandable memory.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    "Next stop USB host capability for expandable memory."

So you going to have USB drive hanging off the phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by miles4000 View Post
    "Next stop USB host capability for expandable memory."

So you going to have USB drive hanging off the phone?
    Not so far fetched, actually:

Buffalo RMUM Series - Smallest Micro USB Drive | iTech News Net - Gadget News and Reviews

But I was thinking more along the lines of plugging it in to swap movies and when needed to backup/restore.
    VisorPhone Clone
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft View Post
    Probably not, but I do not think we would have to wait long. I mean, if they can get an Palm OS emulator working, I am feeling a fairly positive about the development community and what they will be able to do with this thing once they are unleashed. Next stop USB host capability for expandable memory.
    With a new Pre app store + legacy apps, doesn't that easily make it bigger than Apple's app store? I always thought the Palm OS had the most applications before.
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    Quote Originally Posted by nojok3 View Post
    With a new Pre app store + legacy apps, doesn't that easily make it bigger than Apple's app store? I always thought the Palm OS had the most applications before.
    30,000 plus PalmOS programs.

I think Apple has over 10,000 now (8,000 are variations of iFart).

I kid, I kid.
    VisorPhone Clone
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast