Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    man the light up notifications would be great...i am always looking at my bbery waiting for the red blinky!
    Mike (FOOmanJEW) Jaret-Schachter
    Running With Scissors
    Producer
    www.runningwithscissors.com
    www.twitter.com/mikejaret
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft View Post
    30,000 plus PalmOS programs.

I think Apple has over 10,000 now (8,000 are variations of iFart).

I kid, I kid.
    Thats what I thought! Thanks!
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    I really hope that it does light up for alerts! That would make this the best phone I have seen... well, ever. That was one thing I liked about the Sidekicks I had; the D-Pad or trackball would blink different colors for certain alerts and keep on blinking at intervals you set.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikejaret View Post
    man the light up notifications would be great...i am always looking at my bbery waiting for the red blinky!
    Off topic but... Postal 2 = FTW!

Great game.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    wow, I thought I was a geek....

you guys go all drooly about a blinking led? :P

a beep or a buzz is much more useful, since most of the time, i'm not looking at my phone, and why I am, I can can see incoming messages on the screen. When i'm not looking, I can't see the light, so I'd like it to make a sound or vibrate.

oh, who am I kidding, I love the cool blinking leds on the front, I hope they have different colors
    No, the point is if I leave my phone at my desk, and a call or e-mail comes in while I'm away, when I come back I have a blinking LED to tell me something happened without me having to turn on the phone to check.
    Quote Originally Posted by StefanP View Post
    wow, I thought I was a geek....

you guys go all drooly about a blinking led? :P

a beep or a buzz is much more useful, since most of the time, i'm not looking at my phone, and why I am, I can can see incoming messages on the screen. When i'm not looking, I can't see the light, so I'd like it to make a sound or vibrate.

oh, who am I kidding, I love the cool blinking leds on the front, I hope they have different colors
    I like the sound notifications, too, but having that light is also very useful for those that are hard of hearing/deaf. I hate talking on the phone because I always have to ask people to repeat themselves. And sometimes I do not hear the notification go off, so it is nice to be able to just look at it without waking it up (as someone else said) to see what's going on. Another thing about the SK I liked were the notifications that showed on the screen in sleep mode... a little bubble for a text, email icon, tape for voicemail, along with the time. But I can live without those if there's something blinking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    Off topic but... Postal 2 = FTW!

Great game.
    haha, thanks bro! ya were workin on PIII right now, if you havent seen the trailer check it here

Gametrailers.com - Postal III - GDC 09: Debut Trailer
    Mike (FOOmanJEW) Jaret-Schachter
    Running With Scissors
    Producer
    www.runningwithscissors.com
    www.twitter.com/mikejaret
    Postal 3!? I wish it would come to consoles.

The red blinky is just one of those things that I've grown accostomed to over time with my BB. I have to silence my phone during work and school, so I like the blinky to tell me if I have something coming in even though I may not be able to reply or talk. It's actually kind of high on the Goat's priority list, as little as it may be.

I think it would be even MORE awesome of the three lights on the front would blink notifications for different things.

The left light = e mail.
    Middle light/button = Missed phone call/voicemail
    Right light = SMS/Chat

Now THAT my friends, would be awesome. Maybe even an app will do this for me later on.
    Quote Originally Posted by GregV View Post
    No, the point is if I leave my phone at my desk, and a call or e-mail comes in while I'm away, when I come back I have a blinking LED to tell me something happened without me having to turn on the phone to check.
    Exactly!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12