1.    #1  
    Question....I've been following PreCentral since it launched (excellent site btw) and my anticipation for the Pre is as high as everyone else's on here. I'm currently a WinMo user and have to confess that with all that I've seen so far for the Pre, that I really think the phone will actually MAKE me do "little" things that I wouldn't normally bother doing on any other phone I've owned just because everything it can do is so "cool" i guess!! For example, I never really take the time to put EVERY appointment in my calendar or update ALL contact info for each person I know, but the Pre has me excited to do those things on a daily basis!! Am I the only one that feels this way?
    Sincerely,

Dwight Shrute
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    Well, I can't say, but here's a big welcome from someone who has ALWAYS done all those "little things" obsessively. Now it'll be so much more fun!
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
  3.    #3  
    Thanks!! Definitely think everything will be more fun once the Pre is available!!
    Sincerely,

Dwight Shrute
    Welcome to the Forum Dwight,

I agree totally with you. I too have a WinMo phone (Sprint Touch) and I find myself to be quite lazy when putting appointments and contacts into my phone, just because it is so cumbersome. I will no doubt put every little piece of info that I need into my Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    Question....I've been following PreCentral since it launched (excellent site btw) and my anticipation for the Pre is as high as everyone else's on here. I'm currently a WinMo user and have to confess that with all that I've seen so far for the Pre, that I really think the phone will actually MAKE me do "little" things that I wouldn't normally bother doing on any other phone I've owned just because everything it can do is so "cool" i guess!! For example, I never really take the time to put EVERY appointment in my calendar or update ALL contact info for each person I know, but the Pre has me excited to do those things on a daily basis!! Am I the only one that feels this way?
    Yeah i also agree with you as well... But i actually started to do those "little things" when i got my instinct. But now with the pre i think its just gonna get so much better...
    Quote Originally Posted by live001 View Post
    Yeah i also agree with you as well... But i actually started to do those "little things" when i got my instinct. But now with the pre i think its just gonna get so much better...
    Yeah I played with an Instinct before.... for about 5 mins. Not to insult your phone, but, after seeing how it was marketed as the iPhone killer, I was just wondering who the hell approved that ad campaign.

How happy are you with the Instinct?
    LOL I know what you mean manny... But Im pretty happy with my instinct.. I came from a katana dlx so I really like the whole touchscreen interface and i think it's pretty cool. It really comes in handy with having email, news, live search and tv on the go.. Sideloaded movies looks great too! I love my instinct... for now until the pre comes out
    Quote Originally Posted by live001 View Post
    LOL I know what you mean manny... But Im pretty happy with my instinct.. I came from a katana dlx so I really like the whole touchscreen interface and i think it's pretty cool. It really comes in handy with having email, news, live search and tv on the go.. Sideloaded movies looks great too! I love my instinct... for now until the pre comes out
    So I was at Hooters the other night hanging out at the bar waiting for my friend to get off work so I could take her home. The girl working the bar was teasing some of the patrons with her phone number, which I happened to have already. So this guy sitting at the bar pulls out his instinct and tried to figure out her phone number by googling her on the Instinct. He was very proud of it and tried to show me how cool his phone is. Well, how was he supposed to know that I am a phone geek...lol. Even after I basically yelled out her phone number since no one else could guess it, he still kept going. Not sure who he was trying to impress....lol. Can't wait to show that guy my Pre, once I get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    So I was at Hooters the other night hanging out at the bar waiting for my friend to get off work so I could take her home. The girl working the bar was teasing some of the patrons with her phone number, which I happened to have already. So this guy sitting at the bar pulls out his instinct and tried to figure out her phone number by googling her on the Instinct. He was very proud of it and tried to show me how cool his phone is. Well, how was he supposed to know that I am a phone geek...lol. Even after I basically yelled out her phone number since no one else could guess it, he still kept going. Not sure who he was trying to impress....lol. Can't wait to show that guy my Pre, once I get it.
    HAHA that is a great story.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    The big thing is that you can be on your computer at work, home or on the device and do those "little things". It makes it easy to keep up, and with synergy keeping everything synced together I think a lot of people will change the way they organize their life.

Man I can't wait for a release date!
    Palm Pilot -> Palm IIIX -> Tungsten T3 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre
    I have a feeling that our heroes at PALM are closely monitoring every single movement on here since the CES debut and I think hearing positive remarks like the ones above will definitely bring them joy. I don't recall where I heard it from or the exact quote but one of the Palm exec said - we're not competing with electronics (other electronic day planners), we're competing with pen and paper.

I got my first PDA about 5 years ago to keep me organized in high school. And I thought to myself: AWESOME I'm going to bring this everywhere and jot down everything.. but I gave up after a few weeks like Manny said, because its so cumbersome. I found it painfully frustrating and tiresome inputting data onto the device. I kept fumbling with my stylus and the combination of grafitti + walking led to flying palm un-pilots. The only way I found it to work was hotsync, but that still required collecting my scattered life into Palm desktop... also frantically scavenging the house for that one and only cable. Slap the hotsync button and imitate the hotsync tune...

Fast forward a few years and I haven't seen a device like the Pre that appears to fit so natural to our lives. And as Web OS evolves.. Palm striking new partnerships.. and developers filling in the cracks, I think we may find the gadget we actually need in our lives instead of want. And perhaps then we will naturally do these "little things" instead of thinking twice about it.

BTW, can anyone type accurately without looking on a Pre-like qwerty device ?
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    I'm with the others from the WinMo crowd. I've always had a PDA in hopes of keeping myself organized and I always end up falling short because the WinMo interface is just so cumbersome for it.

Having a read keyboard, seemingly more streamlined calander and contacts apps, having the ability for some o the info to be automatically gotten off facebook, and having the ability to be able to update those things from any computer is likely going to change that for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by truffles View Post
    I have a feeling that our heroes at PALM are closely monitoring every single movement on here since the CES debut and I think hearing positive remarks like the ones above will definitely bring them joy. I don't recall where I heard it from or the exact quote but one of the Palm exec said - we're not competing with electronics (other electronic day planners), we're competing with pen and paper.

I got my first PDA about 5 years ago to keep me organized in high school. And I thought to myself: AWESOME I'm going to bring this everywhere and jot down everything.. but I gave up after a few weeks like Manny said, because its so cumbersome. I found it painfully frustrating and tiresome inputting data onto the device. I kept fumbling with my stylus and the combination of grafitti + walking led to flying palm un-pilots. The only way I found it to work was hotsync, but that still required collecting my scattered life into Palm desktop... also frantically scavenging the house for that one and only cable. Slap the hotsync button and imitate the hotsync tune...

Fast forward a few years and I haven't seen a device like the Pre that appears to fit so natural to our lives. And as Web OS evolves.. Palm striking new partnerships.. and developers filling in the cracks, I think we may find the gadget we actually need in our lives instead of want. And perhaps then we will naturally do these "little things" instead of thinking twice about it.

BTW, can anyone type accurately without looking on a Pre-like qwerty device ?
    I can type very easily on my 755p without looking with both hands. With one hand I sometimes make mistakes but I'm used to it. Pre is supposedly more of a combo between the 755p and the Centro so I'm not sure.

I had the M100 and I completely agree with you on how difficult it was to keep all of your appointments there unless you were HotSyncing all the time (especially with Graffiti).

Fast forward to today and I use GooSync. It uses your data connection to sync with your Google Calendar. It updates one way or both ways and can be set to synchronize. I use my calendar a lot more and the Google Calendar interface is the easiest I've ever used.
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products