1.    #1  
    I'm sure this was apparent to many of u, but Palm put the Pre front and center on their website again. For a few weeks while Palm released the Sprint version of the Treo Pro this was not the case. The main site showcased the Treo Pro, but now its back to the Pre! Hopefully that's a good sign for a more up and coming release date.
    I asked my friend at Sprint how many Treo Pros were sold at one of the local stores so far.... (this as of last Sunday when I bought a Lotus for my friend), and he said "none" They don't even have any in stock, you want one, they have to order it.

Meaning....in my opinion, the Pro looks like it was a waste of time, noone cares (except WinMo die hards), everyone wants a Pre. Honestly, if I had never heard of the Pre and instead would have just ran out and bought a Pro, and then someone would enlighten me about what I'll be missing by not having a Pre, I'd return the Pro ASAP.

While they could, the put the Pro out there so they can get some of those things sold, but....it's Pre time soon...so yes, I agree, it's a good sign they are focusing on it again at Palms website. No such luck at Sprints site yet though.
  3.    #3  
    yea, i can completely understand that. I assume when someone actually does come in to order the pro, they probably buy them in bulk for a business anyways and that kind of stuff tends to be ordered over the phone. I don't know anyone personally that particularly loves WinMo. Some people use it cause it works, some people are just waiting for the next good phone that's not an iphone or works with their particular service. In the end i'm sure they released the Pro because they didn't really have to change too much to get it put on sprint and the main costs have already been spent. They probably figure if they can get a few hundred companies to adopt the Pro then they'll make a bit of money off it. Most consumers now won't go with a screen smaller than 3".
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    I asked my friend at Sprint how many Treo Pros were sold at one of the local stores so far.... (this as of last Sunday when I bought a Lotus for my friend), and he said "none" They don't even have any in stock, you want one, they have to order it.

Meaning....in my opinion, the Pro looks like it was a waste of time, noone cares (except WinMo die hards), everyone wants a Pre. Honestly, if I had never heard of the Pre and instead would have just ran out and bought a Pro, and then someone would enlighten me about what I'll be missing by not having a Pre, I'd return the Pro ASAP.

While they could, the put the Pro out there so they can get some of those things sold, but....it's Pre time soon...so yes, I agree, it's a good sign they are focusing on it again at Palms website. No such luck at Sprints site yet though.
    The pro is soooo not a waste of time. It's a phone aimed at corporate uses. Sure, it's not gonna sell like the pre will, but it expands Plam's offerings, which is very important to keep them viable at the moment.
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    I just expected more from the Pro. It's barely a step up beyond the 800W, and, when looking at the keyboards each of them use, it's actually a step down.

I hope it sells well and helps Palm and Sprint along until the Pre comes out, but when compared to the 800W, the only advantage I can see are the flush touchscreen, and...well, it's thinner?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    I just expected more from the Pro. It's barely a step up beyond the 800W, and, when looking at the keyboards each of them use, it's actually a step down.

I hope it sells well and helps Palm and Sprint along until the Pre comes out, but when compared to the 800W, the only advantage I can see are the flush touchscreen, and...well, it's thinner?
    And it's prettier I hate to say it, but even corporate users are worried about image. A corporation isn't gonna be as excited about handing all their employees ugly 800w's when they could give them a sleeker blackberry. Everyone wants to keep a nice cool image, and the Treo Pro helps with that. Hopefully companies will pick up more Treo Pros, so Palm can focus their resources on the Pre!
    That's right.... May 15....here we come! Or thereabouts! lol