Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    To clarify for anyone having trouble finding it, click on the Meet Pre button to see the new video.
    cool stuff. The movie app is nice.
  3.    #5  
    They upgraded from the boring man to boring woman.... great video though, they should release one every week till launch
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahootzki View Post
    They upgraded from the boring man to boring woman
    Well, it is a step in the right direction
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Should we read anything into the fact that the name of the video includes _FINAL_ ?
  6.    #8  
    they also added pics in the gallery of the new apps
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Definitely like what they're doing with those videos. While the voices aren't exactly the best, I like the way they're trying to show an average person using the Pre in ways everyday people may want to use it and showing how it all just works together.

Love how it seemed like the Pre allowed her to "pre-think" about the Job interview for the chick before she even asked about it.

They should definitely keep releasing these....if not every week every other at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Definitely like what they're doing with those videos. While the voices aren't exactly the best, I like the way they're trying to show an average person using the Pre in ways everyday people may want to use it and showing how it all just works together.

Love how it seemed like the Pre allowed her to "pre-think" about the Job interview for the chick before she even asked about it.

They should definitely keep releasing these....if not every week every other at least.
    Agree...

I like how they are getting ready for the release... smart, in a project management sorta way. lol
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    I think they sped up the Pandora app, its doesnt even load that fast on my pc. But I understand its only a short video clip for demo'ing apps.
  10.    #12  
    But its in real time, look at the clock on top...
    There is no way you can order tickets on fandango that fast on any computer. Fandango isn't that fast.
    If you look at the iphone ads, in fine print they admit their ap time is compressed/sped up.

I was hoping for more than an ad for the pre.

EDIT: But the video ad did look good, showing some aps...
    and Garnet emulation is a plus as well!!
    Last edited by duanedude1; 04/01/2009 at 09:50 PM.
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahootzki View Post
    They upgraded from the boring man to boring woman.... great video though, they should release one every week till launch
    Boring woman? As far as voices go, that one could talk to me all day. I think she's hot.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Boring woman? As far as voices go, that one could talk to me all day. I think she's hot.
    Look at how bored we are.... Palm: NEED RELEASE DATE
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Not sure if that date is correct, but the date of the movie on Fandango was 03/06/09. Wonder why Palm didn't release after the conference on 03/12/09 and waited this long?
  16.    #18  
    They probabley didn't wanna show 3rd party apps till now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    There is no way you can order tickets on fandango that fast on any computer. Fandango isn't that fast.
    Where do you live?

Fandango is blazing fast, and if you have your CC information stored in their system, you can definitely order them that quickly.

BTW, for all intents and purposes we should assume she's in a subway with WIFI.
    Quote Originally Posted by celsian View Post
    Where do you live?

Fandango is blazing fast, and if you have your CC information stored in their system, you can definitely order them that quickly.

BTW, for all intents and purposes we should assume she's in a subway with WIFI.
    I use fandango a lot. And it is fast until you click that last "Submit order" button. Then you will wait from 3-10 seconds for it to process. That didn't happen in this demo, they obviously either faked it or edited it to speed it up.

There is no way she clicked the buy button and had the receipt page in less than a second. I'm saying it has nothing to do with the device, Fandango just isn't that fast. You can't buy anything on the net that fast.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast