Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    198 Global Posts
    The apps lag time is basically taken away in this video. If you look at Dieters video there is considerable lag when opening Fadango and Pandora...
  2.    #22  
    I don't understand why they didn't include the "added to calender" in this video. On Dieter's video yesterday they said that when you use Fandango, it automatically enters the movie time info in Calender, they should have included THAT in this video...
    Ok...this might be a dumb question, but once you buy a ticket on Fandango...then what do you do? Go home and print it out?
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    I think I read on here (not the Pre obviously) that somebody bought tickets online, went to the theater, pulled up the email with the bar code, and the ticket taker scanned the phone. Thought that was funny. But now, you go to the theater and they have ATM type machines where you enter your credit card or drivers license and it gives you your tickets.
    Quote Originally Posted by dave75 View Post
    I think I read on here (not the Pre obviously) that somebody bought tickets online, went to the theater, pulled up the email with the bar code, and the ticket taker scanned the phone. Thought that was funny. But now, you go to the theater and they have ATM type machines where you enter your credit card or drivers license and it gives you your tickets.
    Sweet...going to have to check my local theater for that.
  6.    #26  
    You just go to the Kiosk, press pick up tickets, insert the card, and walla, they print out...
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahootzki View Post
    They upgraded from the boring man to boring woman.... great video though, they should release one every week till launch
    If thats the case lets hope its just will be a couple of vids.
    I didn't think much of the videos at all.
    You just go to the Kiosk, press pick up tickets, insert the card, and walla, they print out...
    I've used Fandango for new movie releases but not worth the service charge IMO. If I can use my phone though and get tickets right through there I would definitely use it more often.

I'm also very impressed with the Pandora addition. Found out about this through one of my professor's who was using it before class. Really like the ability to play the music in background and still choose other songs.
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    They upgraded from the boring man to boring woman.... great video though, they should release one every week till launch
    They should release one each week ... a little series of video's introducing us to the phone

Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Should we read anything into the fact that the name of the video includes _FINAL_ ?
    no ... ur reaaching for straws :-)

They probabley didn't wanna show 3rd party apps till now.
    agree. o maybe they weren't ready

Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Ok...this might be a dumb question, but once you buy a ticket on Fandango...then what do you do? Go home and print it out?
    At the movie ttheater u can print it out. very easy to do
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Anything left for Palm to announce about the phone? Looks like Palm has slowly been giving us new info over the past couple months leading up to the release date announcment. I think once plam is finished announcing things like apps and palmos emulation all that will be left is the release date. I think we are getting real close.
    Quote Originally Posted by nojok3 View Post
    I'm also very impressed with the Pandora addition. Found out about this through one of my professor's who was using it before class. Really like the ability to play the music in background and still choose other songs.
    There are a lot of sites that do what Pandora does. I know many people that prefer Jango, but they aren't likely to have a Pre app any time soon.
    Did anyone notice, that even though her friend is online, she sends her a text instead of a message on GTalk?
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    You dont have to print it out, you just give the theater your credit card and they will pull up your info and print out the tickets. Or you can use the kiosk.
    Quote Originally Posted by vutha View Post
    You dont have to print it out, you just give the theater your credit card and they will pull up your info and print out the tickets. Or you can use the kiosk.
    Yeah if you pause the video after the purchase, you can actually clearly read the instructions for picking up the tickets on the page.
    Quote Originally Posted by vutha View Post
    I've never understood this business model. Exactly why is it that I'm paying them a fee?

I still have to stand in line to get my actual ticket. I can't remember the last time I tried to attend a movie that was sold out, so I don't get any obvious benefit of reserving them ahead of time. But to use their service, I pay a fee that is a significant percent of the ticket price.

Obviously some people perceive value, or they'd be out of business. But I don't see myself ever using them.
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitman View Post
    I've never understood this business model. Exactly why is it that I'm paying them a fee?

I still have to stand in line to get my actual ticket. I can't remember the last time I tried to attend a movie that was sold out, so I don't get any obvious benefit of reserving them ahead of time. But to use their service, I pay a fee that is a significant percent of the ticket price.

Obviously some people perceive value, or they'd be out of business. But I don't see myself ever using them.
    "Convenience fee"

Fandango isn't the worst of the bunch when it comes to this, companies like Ticketmaster or Ticketweb are much worse. (I've often had to paid like over $3 in convenience fees for a $12 ticket to a venue on ticketmaster and $2-3 on ticketweb)

Movies do sell out from time to time, maybe not the movies you go to or at the times you prefer to go. But some people go for those midnight launch viewings that sell out quick or those premiere fridays, and to those people they don't mind paying the convenience fee if they can be assured they will be able to get tickets for that showing that will sell out. They want their date to go according to plan, or to watch the movie together with their friends.

If you don't want to use it, don't. The app still gives you showtimes, access to movie trailers, movie descriptions, etc. I still think it's a solid application outside the ticket buying feature.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12