Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I heard somewhere that the contacts photos can be retrieved from their FB profile pics, thus automatically updated when said person changes their profile pic? True or false? hope so!!

Flash in the browser?

Push email?

thanks
  2. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Yes to facebook pictures, yes to push - don't know about the other one.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bugsy101 View Post
    Flash in the browser?

thanks
    supposed to be coming by the end of 09
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Yes to facebook pictures, yes to push - don't know about the other one.
    yes, to push email? so gmail is going to get pushed (like a blackberry)?

Also, one thing i'm wondering, if you decide to have it pull a friends number from facebook rather than you enter it, and then the friend decides to remove their number from their facebook page, do you lose the number from your phone, or will it give you a warning and ask you if you still want to keep the number..
    Quote Originally Posted by jmart603 View Post
    yes, to push email? so gmail is going to get pushed (like a blackberry)?

Also, one thing i'm wondering, if you decide to have it pull a friends number from facebook rather than you enter it, and then the friend decides to remove their number from their facebook page, do you lose the number from your phone, or will it give you a warning and ask you if you still want to keep the number..
    Yes Gmail is supposed to be push.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLI╔ NR70v>CLI╔ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Yes Gmail is supposed to be push.
    wow thats great. i hadn't heard that. i thought it might just be gmail imap where your phone goes on the internet every 20 minutes or so and checks, or whatnot. where did you read about that?
    I don't remember, it might have been in one of Dieter's Q and A's.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLI╔ NR70v>CLI╔ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Does anyone know if closing the phone blocks calls? i.e. if I close the keyboard are there no more accidental phone calls to my wife when I am on the golf course?
    Larry
    Quote Originally Posted by lmaglione View Post
    Does anyone know if closing the phone blocks calls? i.e. if I close the keyboard are there no more accidental phone calls to my wife when I am on the golf course?
    It's capacitive touch, which means that you're not going to be able to activate the touch on the screen with the phone in your pocket or anything. It simply won't work through the fabric. But I'm sure a keyguard comes up shortly anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by lmaglione View Post
    The screen has a proximity sensor, so when a large enough object is held up to the screen it won't do anything like when you hold the screen to your face on a call, the touchscreen will be disabled.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    sweet thanks guys!

still don't know how this FB integration, in terms of profile pics for the contacts will work...

i've not seen a single video that says anything about this feature. rather i read it on some blog somewhere so took it with a pinch of salt..
    Did Palm say gmail will be pushed?
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    people here are saying yes....via imap idle
    Palm Pre Phone - Features, Details, Reviews : Palm USA

"Microsoft Outlook« email with Microsoft« Direct Push Technology
    POP3/IMAP (Yahoo, Gmail, AOL, etc)."
    Quote Originally Posted by bugsy101 View Post
    sweet thanks guys!

still don't know how this FB integration, in terms of profile pics for the contacts will work...

i've not seen a single video that says anything about this feature. rather i read it on some blog somewhere so took it with a pinch of salt..
    Even my Blackberry does this now. It is pretty much hands off, they just change in the background.
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanharig View Post
    Even my Blackberry does this now. It is pretty much hands off, they just change in the background.
    You blackberry is using its BIS service to "push" your gmail to your device.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Palm Pre Phone - Features, Details, Reviews : Palm USA

"Microsoft Outlook« email with Microsoft« Direct Push Technology
    POP3/IMAP (Yahoo, Gmail, AOL, etc)."
    that doesn't say push gmail.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanharig View Post
    seriously? your BB integrates with your FB to automatically retrieve new users/contacts FB pics?

darn. thought it was unique to the Pre!!
    that doesn't say push gmail.
    yea, but gmail is imap idle enabled...so as long as they made the pre and imap enabled client, it'll work. i guess thats what people are assuming.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmart603 View Post
    yea, but gmail is imap idle enabled...so as long as they made the pre and imap enabled client, it'll work. i guess thats what people are assuming.
    I guess we'll have to wait and see. The way I read it, push support with Gmail IMAP idle is still not yet confirmed.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast