Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    I guess we'll have to wait and see. The way I read it, push support with Gmail IMAP idle is still not yet confirmed.
    yea, no i havent heard palm confirm it...though i read somewhere here one of the palm people showing off the phone replied "doesn't gmail push already" when asked if it would have it...my guess is it will (or maybe just my hope)
    The fact I am using gmail push with chatter on the old Palm OS should point to WebOS supporting push on the Pre. This is a no brainer.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    You blackberry is using its BIS service to "push" your gmail to your device.
    what? The question was about FB integration with contacts...
    Quote Originally Posted by bugsy101 View Post
    seriously? your BB integrates with your FB to automatically retrieve new users/contacts FB pics?

darn. thought it was unique to the Pre!!
    Yes. Version 1.5 of the Facebook App integrates with the Blackberry Address Book. It should have been generally available by now, RIM delayed its public release for some reason. It works just fine though, I am using it now.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    so wtf is so good about the Palm Pre???

The calendar is the only decent feature I can think of.. And the fluid web browsing..

No Flash (Adobe Flash), no tabbed browsing, **** camera, no video recording.

Gimmick.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts

The calendar is the only decent feature I can think of.. And the fluid web browsing..

Gimmick.
    And may I ask what you are using that is so perfect?
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    iPhone 3G.. Don't like it but its a hell of a lot better than the Pre proposition...
    iPhone 3G.. Don't like it but its a hell of a lot better than the Pre proposition...
    Well, pal, I hate to tell you, but your machine doesn't have any of the stuff that you complained about the Pre not having. So you appear to be quite uninformed. Why don't you take a look at some of the demo videos and spend about 10 minutes reading some of the forum before complaining?
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I'm not complaining, I just don't understand the hype..

I mean, is this Palm's plan? Not just Palm actually, but this goes to EVERY manufacturer out there - FFS, the iPhone has been out for over 2 years now, dominating the marketplace in so many ways, with features that are only now being adopted by everyone else.

AND still - after ALL this time, there is still NO rival in sight!

Every single handset, while perhaps better in some ways, loses overall - to the iPhone 3G.

I mean, Apple's app store has completely revolutionised things. So much so that iPhone user's can get their phones to do ANYTHING. Talk about Nokia's Ovi store and Microsoft's and even RIM's and Palms(?) - But they're all too late. They've missed their boat. By the time these manufacturers get about 50 apps there, Apple will have already released their THIRD high-calibre handset.

I mean honestly, Palm offers NOTHING unique that will truly be beneficial. Not even a good design (external).

Am I right or wrong?
    2/10

Needs more work. Too obvious..

I mean, is this Palm's plan? Not just Palm actually, but this goes to EVERY manufacturer out there - FFS, the iPhone has been out for over 2 years now, dominating the marketplace in so many ways, with features that are only now being adopted by everyone else.

Every single handset, while perhaps better in some ways, loses overall - to the iPhone 3G.

I mean, Apple's app store has completely revolutionised things. So much so that iPhone user's can get their phones to do ANYTHING. Talk about Nokia's Ovi store and Microsoft's and even RIM's and Palms(?) - But they're all too late. They've missed their boat. By the time these manufacturers get about 50 apps there, Apple will have already released their THIRD high-calibre handset.

I mean honestly, Palm offers NOTHING unique that will truly be beneficial. Not even a good design (external).

Am I right or wrong?
    You are wrong.

PalmOS has 30,000 or so apps available on it. WinMo has at least that many as well.

The only thing the iphone app store provides additionally is an ***** proof hand holding, although often annoying (Apple's theme), method of finding and getting apps. That's it.

I pray to the phone gods that Palm does not depend entirely on an app store for distributing software. It's far too controlled. At most, I hope it's just one way to get software.
    Palm has said that it will be possible to get apps from other than their app store. That said, what will be on their app store should be tested by Palm. I've had a few third-party app conflicts in the past that have given me issues, thus sending the masses to the app store is fine by me.
    I have a quick question about the synergy. (I don't know if they've answered this yet so maybe somebody with the blackberry app can explain this). But for your contact list, if you have to sync with facebook, will it automatically import all your friends, or can you pick the ones you want. Only because i have a lot of friends whose info i wouldn't want filling up my contact list... anybody know?
    also, do we know if you can stay logged into gtalk without keeping a messaging card open all the time?
    bizzump
    What is push email? LOL I know I sound real crazy by asking that
    Nokia American Idol Phone< Motorola RAZR<Nokia Flip Phone<Sidekick Slide<Palm Centro<HTC Snap

Currently Enjoying: Palm Pixi

Am I right or wrong?
    L M A O

I can't even bring myself to argue that it is so funny.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.

Am I right or wrong?
    Do iPhone -atics get paid by the post or the responses?
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)

Gimmick.
    No Flash (Adobe Flash): Flash is confirmed to be on the Pre by end of year.

Tabbed Browsing; Within the browser, you tap 'Menu' and then 'New Card' and it opens up a new browser card with pictures of your bookmarks. If you want another one, you know what to do.

**** camera: Don't know what that means, but if your talking about the quality we're just going to have to wait and see.

no video recording: We don't know yet because it's not out. Before CTIA Palm said there wouldn't be a Palm OS emulator and look what happened. So we have to wait and see.

Am I right or wrong?
    I'll argue this real quick.

Why hasn't iphone had any true competition?: Because companies are basing old handset designs on silly platforms that are obviously not made to function with touch devices.

webOS is one of the 1st (with android) OS systems to be designed for touch functioning. It was designed from the ground up to be made for that. So has its Hardware. This is the 1st phone to be designed from the ground up, that was made for multi-touch- Something that the iphone OS-X platform cannot even say.

the palm pre has a lot of work cut out for it, because what has made the iphone the giant that it is, is its 3rd party applications. Honestly the iphone is not the end-all-be-all of cell-phones, if anything there constant (x.0) updates are a sign that they have room for improvement.

As long as palm pre does the same, and continues to have developer support, it will be (finally) iphones strongest competitor...

Just my two cents. I don't feel like arguing all of your silly points because obviously you are like any other iphone fan boy (whether you admit it or not) only reading the headlines.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12