Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    ...If they announce that Pre will work with all iPhone OS App. No porting needed for developers. Just think about it... instant pow. dang. boom!
    Ain't happenin'. Would be nice though.
    Then it would have to run the iPhone OS, or at least have a Mac OS emulator, which while it would be a mind-blowing turn of events, would not be a welcome turn of events. Not to mention that Apple would finally have the excuse they've been looking for to sue Palm into oblivion.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    There is not a chance in the world Apple would let them do that even for $99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999

and a throne for Steve Jobs next to a golden statue.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Great. 9000 ifart apps.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hair View Post
    Then it would have to run the iPhone OS, or at least have a Mac OS emulator, which while it would be a mind-blowing turn of events, would not be a welcome turn of events. Not to mention that Apple would finally have the excuse they've been looking for to sue Palm into oblivion.
    But if 3rd Party developer releases it; they will sue the developer and not Palm?

Apple will sue Palm anyway?

It's a nice idea to be able to run the thousands of apps made for the Iphone.

Our old Palm programs will still look "stale" on the the WebOs. Hopefully a lot of the current developers will port their programs to the new webos
    I was thinking this from day one of the Pre announcement. What would be even more mind blowing is if every iphone app, Android App and BB app worked on the Pre! Talk about the ultimate phone!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by haydur View Post
    ...If they announce that Pre will work with all iPhone OS App. No porting needed for developers. Just think about it... instant pow. dang. boom!
    There are a lot of impossible thing that would be totally mind blowing.

Me flying for example, Id consider those two things as being equally likely.
    A cross-format app may not be possible due to differences in every OS. Except Opera Mini, which seems to work on almost every phone(except iPhone of course). But developers with popular apps could make a version for every phone OS IMO. Usually the bigger well-known ones do anyway.

I don't know if it'd be cost effective for the smaller ones that seem to be using the App Store though, unless the app is seriously useful. I've seen some apps in the App Store that if they made other versions, could be snapped up by users of other formats since they're so simple to use and still get the job done.

Obviously NOT the fart apps, LOL! I'm thinking more of the financial, contact and entertainment apps. Also newspaper apps.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    What would be better, and even more of a chance of possibly happening, is Windows 7 running Mac OSx apps.
    ^Kinda off topic there?
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09

Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    iPhone OS and WebOS both have their roots in Linux, but I know the touchscreen and almost everything else is implimented differently.

Anyway, my point was that if it'd worked like that, it'd give Palm a huge huge edge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    ^Kinda off topic there?
    Not really, just sarcastically stating how unlikely the wish in the op is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    Not really, just sarcastically stating how unlikely the wish in the op is.
    Oh...I missed that

Quote Originally Posted by haydur View Post
    Yes, I wonder if iPhooy users ever wished they could run PalmOS apps on their crap phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    Yes, I wonder if iPhooy users ever wished they could run PalmOS apps on their crap phones.
    Never!
    Sprint 600 - 650 - 755 - Mogul - 700Wx - Centro - 800W & iPhone
    Quote Originally Posted by greenhex View Post
    Yes, I wonder if iPhone users ever wished they could run WM apps on their decent but currently limited phones.
    Fixed!
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 04/01/2009 at 11:21 PM.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    no possible BUT .....

I've read 3 or 4 times (and no , i don't have the links, sorry) the the fact Palm choose to have the web lanuage 'stuff' over linux it;s must easier to move apps onto PalmWebOS. i.e. existing apps for ndroid or web pages will be easier to move to WebOS
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Sure, everyone's been wanting a webOS emulator for PalmOS and we finally get confirmation that someone is going to make it, and now everyone wants an emulator for some other OS.

Fickle, fickle.
    Sprint Treo 755p
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    ^ You mean PalmOS Emulator for WebOS!?!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast