Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Will there be a waiting list for the Pre?

Justin
    I think they would much rather have people wait in long lines outside of Sprint stores. It makes for good media coverage and the all-important perception of high-demand vs. supply. It was important for the iPhone and continued on with the Blackberry Storm. It makes for great TV and still pictures. I'm sure it's part of the overall launch plan.
    I'm not planning on going the first day anyway, but I cant imagine waiting hours for a phone. I remember seeing people in the cold waiting for the BB Storm and thinKing they were crazy. Now after playing with the Storm I think they were crazy and nuts

I walked right in the first day the Centro was on VZW, no lines. I think it will be alot different when I do end up getting the Pre.
    Aren't we all currently on a "WAITING" list??
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Good Point!
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    Just heard that a kiosk in a mall on the other side of town was starting a waiting list for the Pre. There are 3 people already on it.

I called the Sprint store by my house and they have not discussed it yet. There is a store meeting this Thursday and they are going to bring it up. I was told to call back Friday to find out what they are going to do at this particular store.

This surprises me that there isn't a mandated company wide policy on how to handle the expected demand. Rather than leaving it up to the discretion of each store.
    This is all coming from the one Sprint rep I talked to....he may or may not be in the know. Anyone else heard anything?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Palm Pre (x2 referb)
    Twitter
    When the instinct came out on june 20th they allowed anyone on the sprint list to purchase it the day before i am hoping they do the same thing with the pre

Fred
    When i called the sprint store asking about a release date for the Palm Pre. They told me June 1st and that i could be put on a waiting list along WITH 35 other ppl to be notified when its available.
    Quote Originally Posted by fkpalm View Post
    When the instinct came out on june 20th they allowed anyone on the sprint list to purchase it the day before i am hoping they do the same thing with the pre

Fred
    I think they will be doing the same with the Pre as they did the Instinct. They have it set up the same way with being notified once it is available. With the Instinct, I remember signing up for the email on the web site and got the email about a week before the release date. I purchased it 2 days before it was officially released.
    I have called Sprint and I am first on the list. Everyone behind me
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by miles4000 View Post
    I'm not planning on going the first day anyway, but I cant imagine waiting hours for a phone. I remember seeing people in the cold waiting for the BB Storm and thinKing they were crazy. Now after playing with the Storm I think they were crazy and nuts
    Well, it'll be May/June....most likely nice weather!
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." —L. Ron Hubbard
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    yes.. but we are not in line ... there is no order
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    looks like these guys are taking pre-orders

http://deals.sprintshops.com

They twitted about it

http://twitter.com/TheSprintShop/statuses/1518269116

They also included this tweet about taking $100 off of the phone.

http://twitter.com/TheSprintShop/statuses/1518255636
    Quote Originally Posted by gibsonhtp View Post
    looks like these guys are taking pre-orders

http://deals.sprintshops.com

They twitted about it

Twitter / The Sprint Shop: for info, engage live chat ...

They also included this tweet about taking $100 off of the phone.

Twitter / The Sprint Shop: We're about to start takin ...

I am "close" with someone who works for this company:

1. They are a BSP (Business Solutions Provider) with Sprint, and are invariably going to have the best price on the phone. This is evidenced with their pricing of the HTC Touch Pro (49.99) and other phones sprint offers.

2. The availability of the phone is contingent on the availability of the phones in the Sprint warehouse. They ship directly from the warehouse, so there shouldn't be a fear of "empty shelves". This company uses UPS and ships overnight.

3. Initiate chat after clicking the link from twitter to the deals/sprint shop web page, and give the live chat person the code PREPRE. They will put your name on a list for ordering the phone.

4. A little speculation (not official): It is known that Sprint has blacked out vacations for their employees for May. It is common for Sprint to release phones on Sundays. Hypothetically, if Sprint releases the phone on say, May 17th...new customers may see their Pre's as early as Monday. Just a scenario, though....nothing is official, yet.....
    I wonder if they can work with Premier customers if we're supposed to get the phone a tad earlier.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PREPRE View Post
    I am "close" with someone who works for this company:

1. They are a BSP (Business Solutions Provider) with Sprint, and are invariably going to have the best price on the phone. This is evidenced with their pricing of the HTC Touch Pro (49.99) and other phones sprint offers.

2. The availability of the phone is contingent on the availability of the phones in the Sprint warehouse. They ship directly from the warehouse, so there shouldn't be a fear of "empty shelves". This company uses UPS and ships overnight.

3. Initiate chat after clicking the link from twitter to the deals/sprint shop web page, and give the live chat person the code PREPRE. They will put your name on a list for ordering the phone.

4. A little speculation (not official): It is known that Sprint has blacked out vacations for their employees for May. It is common for Sprint to release phones on Sundays. Hypothetically, if Sprint releases the phone on say, May 17th...new customers may see their Pre's as early as Monday. Just a scenario, though....nothing is official, yet.....
    Do you also get the rebates that you would find on the Sprint site itself? I will be porting my number over from T-mo when the phone is released.
    Quote Originally Posted by dtokarz View Post
    Do you also get the rebates that you would find on the Sprint site itself? I will be porting my number over from T-mo when the phone is released.
    I'm going to talk as if we were in fantasy land...

Suppose the Pre is comes out at 199.99, and "we" discount the phone to 49.99... the phone will not be eligible for any mail in rebates because the rebates tend to be around, or over, 100 dollars. "We" offer the same mail in rebates on all of the phones that are available in a Sprint corporate store, plus an extra 20 dollar mail in rebate, too.

The funny thing about fantasy land is that it can become reality ("We" offer the Palm Pro at as low as 99 cents)...
    Quote Originally Posted by PREPRE View Post
    I'm going to talk as if we were in fantasy land...

Suppose the Pre is comes out at 199.99, and "we" discount the phone to 49.99... the phone will not be eligible for any mail in rebates because the rebates tend to be around, or over, 100 dollars. "We" offer the same mail in rebates on all of the phones that are available in a Sprint corporate store, plus an extra 20 dollar mail in rebate, too.

The funny thing about fantasy land is that it can become reality ("We" offer the Palm Pro at as low as 99 cents)...
    So... Let's stay in fantasy land.

"You" do not deal with the plans, just the phone? Do "I" activate the phone with "my" existing phone number? Do I get to keep "my" plan?
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft View Post

"You" do not deal with the plans, just the phone? Do "I" activate the phone with "my" existing phone number? Do I get to keep "my" plan?
    Good question..."we" deal with both...the pricing that we can discount heavily will be for new lines only...upgrades will be cheaper, too...we just don't know how much, yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft View Post

This is too funny.

I do hope that the upgrade price is not too bad.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast