Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    looks like the Palm Pre ordering site is up...

The pricing "we"" were talking about is in the top banner....

http://palmpre.sprintshops.com
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PREPRE View Post
    looks like the Palm Pre ordering site is up...

The pricing "we"" were talking about is in the top banner....

http://palmpre.sprintshops.com
    What is this, some kind of phishing expedition?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    I think if you follow the thread up it is guy that sells phones for cheaper than sprint.

The site is owned by a Joey Marlow out of Las Vegas. (whois search data)
    no..."we" wouldn't want to spend a couple of mil on a website just to phish... "we" would be hard pressed to do that then just require an email address to be a list. If you decide not to be put on the list, fine...

the validity of the site can be found on slickdeals.net and fatwallet.com...but now I am getting into the advertising zone
    I don't think these guys are phishing, although I think it is likely (actually evident) an employee/salesperson of this affiliate is posting without saying they are an employee.

I am not vouching for these guys, but for what it is worth there was skepticism on slickdeals and fat wallet when these people pushed their deals there, but it seems like everyone got new phones, shipped from Sprint, and no reported funny business.

That being said I have my doubts affiliates will be getting the Pre first.
    Quote Originally Posted by PREPRE View Post
    the validity of the site can be found on slickdeals.net and fatwallet.com...but now I am getting into the advertising zone
    Yeah, that's like me saying "I'm getting to Texas". You've been there through most of this thread.

I'd say if you want to advertise here, you should approach the forum owners and ask about rates...
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Sprint in my area is doing their own list.

Personally, I really don't think Sprint is going to attempt the same type of launch event as previous iPhone events. There is no way to top it and any attempt to do it will look weak in comparison especially with the Pre release being so close to WWDC. Not to mention the fact the Pre is being released at Sprint stores, Best Buys, Radio Shacks, Telesales and WALMARTS. There are too many stores. Too spread out for a large turnout at any one location.

I think June 6 will be lightly publicized by Sprint but picked up by Media who will attempt to compare it to Apple's events.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12