Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Engadget has learned that the highly anticipated Palm prprpr&#$275$; $will$ $be$ $available$ $starting$ $this$ $Sunday$ $at$ $Sprint$ $stores$ $though$ $no$ $formal$ $announcement$ $by$ $either$ $Palm$ $or$ $Sprint$ $will$ $be$ $made$. $Both$ $Palm$ $and$ $Sprint$ $want$ $to$ $avoid$ $the$ $chaos$ $and$ $problems$ $that$ $Apple$ $and$ $AT$&$amp$;$T$ $had$ $with$ $the$ $iPhone$ $roll$ $outs$ $by$ $following$ $the$ $model$ $often$ $used$ $by$ $retail$ $stores$ $and$ $restaurants$ $where$ $the$ $store$ $quietly$ $opens$ $for$ $a$ $short$ $period$ $before$ $the$ $official$ $Grand$ $Opening$. $This$ $allows$ $them$ $to$ $resolve$ $unexpected$ $issues$ $like$ $those$ $encountered$ $in$ $the$ $iPhone$ $launches$. $Sprint$ $CEO$, $Dan$ $Hesse$, $in$ $an$ $internal$ $Sprint$ $memo$ $says$, &$quot$;$We$ $have$ $a$ $history$ $of$ $introducing$ $new$ $phones$ $on$ $Sunday$. $What$ $better$ $day$ $to$ $introduce$ $the$ $pr$&#$275$; $than$ $on$ $April$ $5th$ $which$ $is$ $Palm$ $Sunday$.&$quot$; $Hesse$ $expects$ $pr$&#$275$; $users$ $to$ $be$ $more$ $professional$ $and$ $less$ $tolerant$ $than$ $iPhone$ $users$. $He$ $wants$ $all$ $retail$ $associates$ $to$ $be$ $well$ $versed$ $in$ $the$ $available$ $pr$&#$275$; $applications$ $that$ $business$ $professionals$ $are$ $likely$ $to$ $use$.

According to the memo, the formal launch date is set for May 10th, which is also a Sunday. On May 10th, application store for the Palm prprpr&#$275$; $will$ $also$ $come$ $online$. $Early$ $adopters$ $between$ $April$ $5th$ $and$ $May$ $10th$ $will$ $automatically$ $be$ $updated$ $to$ $the$ $final$ $version$ $of$ $the$ $pr$&#$275$;'$s$ $webOS$ $and$ $the$ $final$ $bundle$ $of$ $pr$&#$275$; $applications$ $shortly$ $after$ $midnight$ $on$ $that$ $date$. $Early$ $adopters$ $will$ $also$ $be$ $given$ $a$ $URL$ $where$ $they$ $can$ $become$ $beta$ $testers$ $for$ $selected$ $third$ $party$ $applications$.

Engadget has not seen any information from Palm regarding these dates yet. No word either on the webOS SDK for application developers. To date the only information available is a short intro video and the first two "Rough Cut" chapters O'Reilly's new "Palm WebOS Development" book by Mitch Allen.

More details can be found in this According to this article.
    Very exciting. I am going to set up my tent on Friday night so that I can be first inline when the stores open on Sunday.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Based on this information, I am immediately leaving work, even though I will probably be fired, to camp outside my local Sprint store. Please post updates so that we can follow them on this thread.
    LOL.
    Quote Originally Posted by basrat View Post
    engadget has learned that the highly anticipated palm prprpr&#$275$; $will$ $be$ $available$ $starting$ $this$ $sunday$ $at$ $sprint$ $stores$ $though$ $no$ $formal$ $announcement$ $by$ $either$ $palm$ $or$ $sprint$ $will$ $be$ $made$. $Both$ $palm$ $and$ $sprint$ $want$ $to$ $avoid$ $the$ $chaos$ $and$ $problems$ $that$ $apple$ $and$ $at$&$amp$;$t$ $had$ $with$ $the$ $iphone$ $roll$ $outs$ $by$ $following$ $the$ $model$ $often$ $used$ $by$ $retail$ $stores$ $and$ $restaurants$ $where$ $the$ $store$ $quietly$ $opens$ $for$ $a$ $short$ $period$ $before$ $the$ $official$ $grand$ $opening$. $This$ $allows$ $them$ $to$ $resolve$ $unexpected$ $issues$ $like$ $those$ $encountered$ $in$ $the$ $iphone$ $launches$. $Sprint$ $ceo$, $dan$ $hesse$, $in$ $an$ $internal$ $sprint$ $memo$ $says$, &$quot$;$we$ $have$ $a$ $history$ $of$ $introducing$ $new$ $phones$ $on$ $sunday$. $What$ $better$ $day$ $to$ $introduce$ $the$ $pr$&#$275$; $than$ $on$ $april$ $5th$ $which$ $is$ $palm$ $sunday$.&$quot$; $hesse$ $expects$ $pr$&#$275$; $users$ $to$ $be$ $more$ $professional$ $and$ $less$ $tolerant$ $than$ $iphone$ $users$. $He$ $wants$ $all$ $retail$ $associates$ $to$ $be$ $well$ $versed$ $in$ $the$ $available$ $pr$&#$275$; $applications$ $that$ $business$ $professionals$ $are$ $likely$ $to$ $use$.

According to the memo, the formal launch date is set for may 10th, which is also a sunday. On may 10th, application store for the palm prprpr&#$275$; $will$ $also$ $come$ $online$. $Early$ $adopters$ $between$ $april$ $5th$ $and$ $may$ $10th$ $will$ $automatically$ $be$ $updated$ $to$ $the$ $final$ $version$ $of$ $the$ $pr$&#$275$;'$s$ $webos$ $and$ $the$ $final$ $bundle$ $of$ $pr$&#$275$; $applications$ $shortly$ $after$ $midnight$ $on$ $that$ $date$. $Early$ $adopters$ $will$ $also$ $be$ $given$ $a$ $url$ $where$ $they$ $can$ $become$ $beta$ $testers$ $for$ $selected$ $third$ $party$ $applications$.

Engadget has not seen any information from palm regarding these dates yet. No word either on the webos sdk for application developers. To date the only information available is a short intro video and the first two "rough cut" chapters o'reilly's new "palm webos development" book by mitch allen.

More details can be found in this according to this article.
    april fool?
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    This is an april fools joke
    At least he didn't link to a RickRoll...
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Maybe if you didn't say Engadget said it...

I usually check Palm -- Engadget and didn't see that at all so I was already cautious!
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    Maybe Engadget didn't say it.. but Endgagit said it... :P
    Nice one! I have to admit, you had me going there for a while. I got to the Sprint store and they didn't know what I was talking about and why I was setting up a tent so they called the police. I was led away in handcuffs and ended up being fired. Good times.
    **** April Fools Day...
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Awesome observation! I've been rick rolling people all morning. Can't get that song out of my head now.
    Quote Originally Posted by StatCoder View Post
    Nice one! I have to admit, you had me going there for a while. I got to the Sprint store and they didn't know what I was talking about and why I was setting up a tent so they called the police. I was led away in handcuffs and ended up being fired. Good times.
    you win --

best post of the day ...

(...so far)
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  14. joelpalm
    You got me good!
    Think I'm just going to not come check this forum today.
    What if this becomes true.
    Quote Originally Posted by luvbug621 View Post
    What if this becomes true.
    Then I will hop onto my flying pig and head to a Sprint store.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Yeah, it's going to be hard for me to believe if they actually do make a big announcement today. I think I'm just going to go out drinking with some buds today.

Then I'll try to sift through April Fool's stuff and real info while I'm drunk. It will be barrels of fun!
    i like the link
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Are these April fools things really necessary? They just gum up the forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast