Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Can I just suggest any new info pouring from other blogs and news media and even those who are attending these events be posted here? That means any new Pictures, Videos, etc, just so we can cumulative, consistent information here.

I'm kind of disappointed Sprint is only having a VIP lounge for the Palm Pre at CTIA, that means alot of interested parties will be left out to give US any new information or features or videos due to the limited access, I wonder who was invited into this "VIP lounge."

Palm To Reveal New Info at Web 2.0
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Nothing yet, isn't Dieter at CTIA? I'm guessing there's not much to report yet, but it would be appreciated if that was posted so I don't keep checking every 10 minutes.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    according to the Twitter blog from Sprint...

Sprint VP #3 of 3 speaking @ CTIA 2day: Todd Rowley @ 2:15 pm on 4G embedded devices FierceWireless Presents: The Path to 4G
    30 minutes ago from web

Sprint VP #2 of 3 speaking @ CTIA 2day: Len Barlik @ 1pm on carrier growth + new innovative products CTIA Wireless 2009. #sprint
    41 minutes ago from web

Sprint VP #1 of 3 speaking @ CTIA today: Matt Oommen @ 1 p.m. on building converged networks w/ wireline, cable + wireless. #sprintabout
    1 hour ago from web
    /delete

I feel dumb today... haha
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Got this Q&A from another Pre site...

sany2141

As far as price and launch date: no news. Still same target window as before. However, they’re announcing something at Web 2.0 in San Francisco around 5pm PST. Hopefully we’ll hear something awesome there.

Synergy doesn’t “turn off” but you chose what accounts you want to sync to. If you log into an account, say Facebook, the Pre is going to pull down all of your friend’s contact information. There’s currently no way to filter that out at the moment.

Voice dialing is not supported at launch, but what were were told, any questions you had about applications and specific features like bar code reader etc. will be open to developers through the API. Palm has opened the Pre up quite a bit to developers so they can write all kinds of fun Apps.

The camera supports depth of field, so if an intrepid developer writes a bar code reading app, or voice recording application, there will be one.

DataVis is a partner, and they’re working on the software, but no word on availability at launch.

(As far as what IS available at launch, we’re going to see more of it later in the week)

The Pre is not going to use Sprint’s contact backup software. Instead, they’re using the cloud heavily. Contacts on GMail, Facebook, Exchange etc. will be pushed down to the device, and remain on the server. Any new contacts on the phone will be pushed up to the respective server from the phone. Pretty standard stuff.

As far as a GSM version, we’ll see it when Palm announces a carrier.

Palm will be smart enough to recognize UK, foreign dialing conventions, so it will put the +44 or whatever in front of phone numbers.

Currently, there is support for GTalk and AIM. Palm is working with everyone else to bring support for other services.

There is definitely Exchange support, and the user has a large amount of control over information pulled from the server. Folders and sub-folders are supported on the Pre.

Software like Skype will be up to developers. API’s will be enabled.

No video recording announced as of yet.

Battery life numbers and pricing haven’t been made available yet.

Palm is keeping it close to the chest. We were only able to feel the weight of the device and the form factor in hand. So far I’m impressed from what I’m seeing. The screen is gorgeous, and the notifications are absolutely amazing. The OS is smooth and stunning, and video and other applications are working great. This device is beautiful.

Stay tuned, we’re going to have more information and video shortly.
    Quote Originally Posted by dtokarz View Post
    Got this Q&A from another Pre site...
    You should credit the other site ... what site is it?
    Sprint Treo 755p
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pilot1000 View Post
    You should credit the other site ... what site is it?
    Didn't know if that was allowed so I left it out. If its not, just delete this post.

mypre.com
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Also these two twitter posts are cool...

palmpreCut copy paste are sick Keyboard feels amazing @nguyen scored me a hands on Txt selection is much better than iPhone. #meet #CTIA09 #palmpre

and...

palmpreInteresting Pre fact: supports up to 18 email accounts. Waiting to get my questions answered. #ctia09 #meetpre
    Didn't know if that was allowed so I left it out. If its not, just delete this post.

mypre.com
    Isn't allowed? I'm a new member here, but I submit to other forums and always Site sources. Or else it just seems like it's comin off the top of your head.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zionixi View Post
    Isn't allowed? I'm a new member here, but I submit to other forums and always Site sources. Or else it just seems like it's comin off the top of your head.
    Actually, what I meant was linking to other Pre site sources. I've linked to other news and information sources before. Just didn't want to promote to other competing sites.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    One more tweet...

# palmpreData tethering supported through Bluetooth. Still being debated at Sprint. #meet #CTIA09 #palmpre1 minute ago from web
    The other site should definitely be credited, especially if you copy/paste their entire article here (which you really shouldn't do). IMO, it's better to provide a link to them, and then summarize or dot-point and/or provide your personal commentary here.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Synergy doesn’t “turn off” but you chose what accounts you want to sync to. If you log into an account, say Facebook, the Pre is going to pull down all of your friend’s contact information. There’s currently no way to filter that out at the moment.
    This is disappointing.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Another tweet. This is good news...

palmpreTouchstone and battery cover are bundled together. Can purchase extra battery cover if needed. #meet #CTIA09 #palmpre
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    This is disappointing.
    Could you explain your dissapointment? For me, I only see this as a good thing, so I would be interested in seeing your downside to this.
    Another tweet. This is good news...

palmpreTouchstone and battery cover are bundled together. Can purchase extra battery cover if needed. #meet #CTIA09 #palmpre
    This is good!
    Quote Originally Posted by zionixi View Post
    Could you explain your dissapointment? For me, I only see this as a good thing, so I would be interested in seeing your downside to this.
    If I log into Facebook, it will copy all of my facebook contacts down to my Pre. I dont want that.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    If I log into Facebook, it will copy all of my facebook contacts down to my Pre. I dont want that.
    I second that. I don't need all of my facebook friends on my phone. I simply don't need all of those contacts on my phone. It would be ridiculous.
    I think you will have to maunally 1 time only go thru each Facebook account you want to sync with, from a demo they showed how you could just sync one Facebook account, do not think you could automatically sync the whole thing unless there is a way to do this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast