Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have a buddy who works in the tech industry. He is over in Vegas for the CTIA convention & he just sent me a direct message in Twitter. He said that he overheard some talk (possibly from Sprint folk) about the Pre being delayed until AFTER 1st half of 2009.

He over heard that Palm & Sprint are planning to reveal pricing & the availability of the SDK.

APRIL FOOLS!!
    Last edited by Syphon; 04/01/2009 at 08:25 AM.
    That wouldn't really surprise me as its not that unusual for a new flagship product to see delays. I'm assuming thats why Palm never set a date, rather a period since they're not sure IF they can deliver on time. Although I'm sure many on here will be upset since they all have their hopes up for an Apr/May/Jun launch. I always assume there will be delays, so if its actually on time, its just bonus.

On a separate note, on Engadget, there's a post about Palm making an annoucement of some sort later today. It might be the SDK or something else, but I bet you it won't be the release date as that will most likely come from Sprint.
    Is he April Fooling you...
    or you April Fooling us?

whats the point of giving pricing if we have to wait until after June...If they says its $299 people would rather go buy the new iPHONE for $199. Even then alot of people are getting impatient waiting...
    Quote Originally Posted by HChristianS View Post
    or you April Fooling us?

whats the point of giving pricing if we have to wait until after June...If they says its $299 people would rather go buy the new iPHONE for $199. Even then alot of people are getting impatient waiting...

Palm is in over their head if there is a delay. They has promised us for sometime the 1st half. Stocks will tumble. Wish the new Snap from HTC were a touch screen phone and it's looks sleeker than the Treo Pro

saw this at engadget this morning; our board should be full of information tonight!!

HTC Snap snaps to life, coming to US as S522

but if the Pre is delayed (it's just Palm all over again)!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by HChristianS View Post
    or you April Fooling us?

I suggest an April Fool's thread.

For instance I heard from a friend of a former roomate of a cousin of Hesse that the Pre is actually going to include a pico projector, but will have to ditch the 3.5 jack to do it.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Nobody can believe any info today.
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    What if Pre itself is a massive April Fool's Day joke that they've been warming up since January?

What if they've been using a prototype HTC device with just a demo shell they call "WebOS" sitting on top of Window Mobile 6.5?
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    And btw, it's not even 7am in LV right now... he's already overhearing stuff in a crowd? No one wakes up at 6 in Vegas...
    Quote Originally Posted by haydur View Post
    What if Pre itself is a massive April Fool's Day joke that they've been warming up since January?

What if they've been using a prototype HTC device with just a demo shell they call "WebOS" sitting on top of Window Mobile 6.5?
    seriously thats was my favorite post of the day....
    Based on this information, I have just gone online and ordered an iPhone, Blackberry Storm, the Android phone, and a Treo Pro via FedEx overnight shipping. Also, I permanantly erased a WebOS app that I was working on even though it was 75% finished.
    And btw, it's not even 7am in LV right now... he's already overhearing stuff in a crowd? No one wakes up at 6 in Vegas...
    I am sure this reputable source "just" sent this message because he REALLY happened to be near a crowd of Sprint folks at 6AM openly discussing this and heard this.

Really.
    i cant detect the SARCASM in this thread!!!!!!!
  13.    #13  
    It's sad news really. If only I can go back & prevent me from hearing this news. It would be a nice highlight of my day.
    I didn't think people in Vegas slept, so there would actually not be a wake up time.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers

Treocentral Mob at Palm HQ
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    I am waiting for "April fools!" from Syphon!
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    I am waiting for "April fools!" from Syphon!
    Check the original post again...
    I gave a hint on my second post in this thread...
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    Check the original post again...
    I gave a hint on my second post in this thread...
    I am dense today...I don't get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    I am dense today...I don't get it.
    dude , ur dense every day

hehe
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Uh, Manny... Highlight (with your cursor-thingy) all of the original post...

Don't feel too bad, I can be dense as well.
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast