1. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    TODAY of all days?

Really, Palm?
    CTIA also starts today, so maybe they're hoping for something significant announced.

April 1 is a bad day for a lot of things though, you can't always tell what's serious and what's a joke. Unless it's an obvious joke. But CTIA is legit so there's hope.

P.S. Maybe it started yesterday because I'm seeing some reports about stuff being shown there.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    As I've said in another thread - Palm is not at CTIA (at least, in a massive presence deserving of a release such as this) as far as we know. Sprint will be, but they're supposedly only showing the Pre behind closed doors. The news will not come out of CTIA, unless Sprint announces simultaneously with Palm's announcement, which is always possible.

Palm is at the Web 2.0 conference, holding a session about how the webOS will change the way users and developers will look at web applications. That makes it a perfect place to roll out the SDK. My money's on that being the announcement, with a small sidecar bet on the possibility that Palm and Sprint will knock us on the floor and release the SDK AND give us the price and release details on the same day.
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    meh, that's probably the same-lame demo one of Palm's guys is giving at Web 2.0.

Not expecting anything from Sprint/Palm... so surprise me!
    Sorry about that Libb, I thought they'd have some input at CTIA.

Well the SDK would nice too!!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    you can;t belive anything on april 1st

even if it is a reall announcment, it;s not related to the pre rleease date.
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Engadget's source is Dieter of TC. Why not visit the actual source, PreCentral (which is a sister site of TC)?
    I would bet it is the (beta) SDK, considering the developer.palm.com page has now been down for about 10 minutes. It would make sense that they're preparing for the release during the talk in 15 minutes or whatever.

And I realize that it's not necessary to take the site down to release something, but still.
    Hope they have an emulator!
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo