Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    There have been a lot of Pre vs. Iphone threads and comments but I was thinking what if we could combine the two (w/ emphasis on the pre)

We've seen the iphone grab some features from the Pre (kinda) so what would you like to see on the pre and why?

I would take the background notification system from the Iphone. I think it’s a poor excuse for multi-tasking but it would be amazing on the Pre combined with its notification/ alert system….
    Imagine ESPN sport scores scrolling along the bottom of the screen
    Last edited by Doc31; 03/31/2009 at 02:00 PM.
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    I want iphone's app store for the pre. That's about it.
    Yeah... Not really much of what the iPhone has I can think I want on the Pre. The app store of course. Other than that... The Pre pretty much has it covered.

This thread got me thinking about it... The iPhone almost seems useless next to the Pre. Of course, I may take some of that back once I actually play with a Pre myself.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc31 View Post
    There have been a lot of Pre vs. Iphone threads and comments but I was thinking what if we could combine the two (w/ emphasis on the pre)
    what's the difference between a "pre vs. iPhone thread" and this thread?

I think the iPhone way of background notifying is a good way to save power. It would be nice to see a hybrid form on the pre.
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post
    Yeah... Not really much of what the iPhone has I can think I want on the Pre. The app store of course. Other than that... The Pre pretty much has it covered.

This thread got me thinking about it... The iPhone almost seems useless next to the Pre. Of course, I may take some of that back once I actually play with a Pre myself.
    You may have a point becuase I can't think of anything else I would want.
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by StefanP View Post
    what's the difference between a "pre vs. iPhone thread" and this thread?
    the difference is I'm not interesting in which is the better device.. I wanted to know if you integrated both which features would you take.
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts

Motorola QA4... if iPhone and Pre were brother and sister and had an illegitimate child.
    Only feature of the iPhone I want the Pre to have besides the App Store and its apps would be the most obvious:

Availability for purchase
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    Form factor: slightly larger frontal area/screen size (like the iPhone), but medium thickness between the thinness (and possible frailty) of the iPhone and the chubbiness of the Pre.
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
  10. joelpalm
    Look at the specs and the Pre is only slightly thicker than the iPhone. I believe .12 of an inch. to be a slider, thats barely even noticable for me. and for s much better device, i will take the concession.
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    I concur, all I would really ask for is a comparable app store on the Pre. Possibly also an on screen keyboard instead, to reduce the unit's bulkyness. Otherwise, I think the Pre looks superior so take all the rest of the Pre's features.
    - the 8 gig of extra storage my iPhone has
    - the media player my iPhone has
    - iTunes sync
    - sync via USB with my laptop for calendar and contacts
    - 3rd party apps and developer support.
    You forgot to mention the Apple stickers.
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    Looks like I got what I wanted... i'm so going to try to develop an app
    My Themes - Prethemer