Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Listening to the Howard Stern show a few minutes ago. He confirmed that he is in fact getting a demo of the PRE. He is in a very heated debate as to which new phone he will go with, knowing his OCD type of personality, if he likes the PRE then Palm most likely has a winner!...

I know I can't wait!(although I know I will have to like everybody else)
    Last edited by tprevett; 04/01/2009 at 06:05 AM. Reason: spelling mistake
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tprevett View Post
    Listening to the Howard Stearn show a few minutes ago. He confirmed that he is in fact getting a demo of the PRE. He is in a very heated debate as to which new phone he will go with, knowing his OCD type of personality, if he likes the PRE then Palm most likely has a winner!...

I know I can't wait!(although I know I will have to like everybody else)
    What channel/station number is Stern on? Did he say when he's getting the demo?
    _
    Pilot, PalmPilot Personal, PalmPilot Professional, Palm III, Palm IIIx, PalmV, Palm VII, PalmVx, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 680, Centro

Somewhere in the mix, I also used a PDQ, Kyocera 6035 <--One of my favorites, Kyocera 7135, HandSpring Visor, Samsung i500 <--One of my absolute favorites!...

-
    Only available thru Sirius Satellite Radio, and thru a paid subscription to the Howard Stern channel(s). Channel 100 & 101.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Only available thru Sirius Satellite Radio, and thru a paid subscription to the Howard Stern channel(s). Channel 100 & 101.
    Thanks for the info. Any ideas for my second question?
    _
    Pilot, PalmPilot Personal, PalmPilot Professional, Palm III, Palm IIIx, PalmV, Palm VII, PalmVx, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 680, Centro

Somewhere in the mix, I also used a PDQ, Kyocera 6035 <--One of my favorites, Kyocera 7135, HandSpring Visor, Samsung i500 <--One of my absolute favorites!...

-
    Not from me, I don't pay for the service and can't listen.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    He's supposed to get the demo this week. They will not let him keep the demo phone, he has to be given the demo by a Palm employee.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    So is he even going to be able to use it himself, or is the demo guy just going to be showing it off like in all the other videos out there?
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tarpon6 View Post
    He's supposed to get the demo this week. They will not let him keep the demo phone, he has to be given the demo by a Palm employee.
    Are his shows archived on the web via YouTube, or some PODcast? Or could someone please record it, if it's legal? Please.

I'm anxious to hear his opinion, I know he won't hold back if he hates it or loves it.
    _

-
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    It doesn't cost extra for Howard Stern, it's included in the monthly subscription (although I don't know about the XM side of things). the Stern show is also available as an On-Demand type of channel/monthly subscription on most cable systems. (Okay, my Stern commercial is over.. I'm also a Sirius stock holder... all $3.20 worth)

Thread related content----> I hope he loves the PRE!
    You might be able to find his show's on Bit torrent sites.
    Quote Originally Posted by AllWires View Post
    So is he even going to be able to use it himself, or is the demo guy just going to be showing it off like in all the other videos out there?
    Maybe he will get to use it for a short while, the editior from Engadget had it for awhile when he was on Jimmy Fallon's show.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    I really cant wait until tom. show!...
    Howard's has had a palm product for about 7 years now... so I hope the Pre is gonna be his next phone...
    Like I said before, lots of people listen to him, so I know it is bringing the Pre some attention to a different crowd then techies...
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrkalel View Post
    I really cant wait until tom. show!...
    Howard's has had a palm product for about 7 years now... so I hope the Pre is gonna be his next phone...
    Like I said before, lots of people listen to him, so I know it is bringing the Pre some attention to a different crowd then techies...
    It's funny how Howard Stern represents a typical user out there. It appears that the most important feature to him is threaded messaging, in which case he is going to love the synergy of the Pre. He is just now getting into facebook, so he will probably love seeing his contact information merged. He wants to be able to browse the Web like his iphone-toting friends, so the Pre has him covered there. He tested out a Blackberry Bold, I believe, so I think the Pre covers his most important features better than the Blackberry. I believe he also mentioned that he wants a physical keyboard. After all, he has been a Treo user for years.

His other important feature is being able to access Lotus Notes. Can the Pre handle that?

Howard Stern is important because he is popular among the 18-30 year old (and older) male demographic. He is not a tech guru, but he has some specific technical needs. If he says he loves the Pre on the air, then Palm will probably make another few hundred thousand sales from that endorsement alone.
    It's so funny that the latest news on the Pre is coming from the Howard Stern show. I agree that a positive review from Stern could be a nice endorsement.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    I heard Howard talking about how he was trying to use a BlackBerry all weekend, but he didn''t like that it didn't do threaded messaging. He's been a long time Palm OS Treo user. A few years ago

A few years ago he had Nicole Richie on when she was promoting the Simple Life. At the time she was engaged to DJ AM and she was telling Howard Stern how much she loved her Treo.

" That guy eventually got on the line and asked Howard if he'd gotten the Treo 650 yet. Howard said he's working on it but he hasn't gotten it yet. Nicole has one and said that it's pretty cool. Howard said he's going crazy not having it."

The Perfectly Imperfect Ballerina Girl

If Jimmy Fallon got all this attention for talking about the Pre, Howard Stern will be ten fold (or more) positive press for Palm. I can already see Lynn Fox tweeting it
    Last edited by JimmieGeddes; 03/31/2009 at 01:09 PM.
    Jimmie Geddes
    I used to listen to Haward Stern before he went off into Satellite land. As vulgar as his show is, he sure will bring some good business to Palm if he likes the Pre. I wonder how large his listening base is since he want to subscription?
    ok ... taking the other side of this discusion:

What happens if he hates it? I don't listen to him. Will he trach the phone publicly, or will he just dismiss it/ Could this blow up on Plam ?

just some thoughts.
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    ^I think it could hurt Palm a little. It will be all over the interwebs if he hates it. I somehow think this won't be the case though.
    Palm knows what they're getting into with Howard Stern. Something tells me there wouldn't be a demo if Palm wasn't feeling confident about it.
    Jimmie Geddes
    I wonder if he will see a phone thats closer to being released as compared to the demo version at CES.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast