Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    according to natali delconte at cnet, she was the one who advised howard to check out the pre. she mentions this on BOL podcast #943
    My journey: PalmPilotPro->PalmPilotIIIx->Treo300->Treo600->Treo650->Treo755p->Pre->FrankenPre2
    Quote Originally Posted by miles4000 View Post
    It kills me that he says that he cant wait until May. Alot of us have been waiting for this phone for two years!
    Every time I tell people how long I have been waiting on this phone/OS they look at me like I am an alien...
    Treo 180 (T-Mo) --> Treo 600 (T-Mo) --> Treo 180 (T-Mo) --> Treo 650 (T-Mo) --> Treo 650 NC (Cing) --> Treo 680 (Cing) --> Pre (Sprint)

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Just 9 hours until Stern updates us on his disappointment regarding the story he believes about the release.
    Quote Originally Posted by dogface View Post
    Just 9 hours until Stern updates us on his disappointment regarding the story he believes about the release.
    Hm? Fill us in on that one.
    How cool would it be if Howard announced a release date for the Pre. Could you imagine all the tech sites and blogs getting scooped by Stern?

For the sake of argument using very conservative numbers... Say Sirius has 8 million subscribers and 30% listen to Stern. So you have 2.4 million Stern listeners hearing his glowing review on Monday where 2% become sold on the Pre and get it within the first week. From his word of mouth alone you'd have 24,000 sold from just one man's review. Not too shabby.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    How cool would it be if Howard announced a release date for the Pre. Could you imagine all the tech sites and blogs getting scooped by Stern?

For the sake of argument using very conservative numbers... Say Sirius has 8 million subscribers and 30% listen to Stern. So you have 2.4 million Stern listeners hearing his glowing review on Monday where 2% become sold on the Pre and get it within the first week. From his word of mouth alone you'd have 24,000 sold from just one man's review. Not too shabby.
    Sirius-XM has 19 million subs, say 30 percent listen to Howard, that's almost 5 mil, of course they have to be listening when he talks about the Pre, so, you can do the math.
    I wouldn't include XM subscribers that joined in the merger. I'm sure many aren't paying extra for Stern, that's if he's even available on XM only equipment. That being said, they rerun the show all day long. It'll also be on news briefs as well as the best of the week on Friday. It'll get plenty of airtime.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Howard is now a "crackberry addict" . He says one deciding factor was an ability to use Lotus Notes.
    The Bold is a great device. This might be disappointing but it just underscores the need to get this thing out the door to all the millions of real buyers out there.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanharig View Post
    The Bold is a great device. This might be disappointing but it just underscores the need to get this thing out the door to all the millions of real buyers out there.
    If the Lotus Notes access didn't kill it, the lack of a release date would have. He put a lot of work into researching phones and he was ready to pull the trigger right away, not wait 2 or 3 months.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    If the Lotus Notes access didn't kill it, the lack of a release date would have. He put a lot of work into researching phones and he was ready to pull the trigger right away, not wait 2 or 3 months.
    He wouldn't have bothered to look at it in the first place then if he was that intent on getting one now..
    I don't know about that. While he might not be the most technological guy out there, he does have an interest in tech and gadgets. Plus being a current Palm owner, how could you not take a look at it when offered. Something not many else have been able to do. The one blunder would be on Palm's side if they said not to mention much about the Pre. There was so much hype in him getting a private showing. And there's no real review and info from him today about it. Wasted press.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    He wouldn't have bothered to look at it in the first place then if he was that intent on getting one now..
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    I don't know about that. While he might not be the most technological guy out there, he does have an interest in tech and gadgets. Plus being a current Palm owner, how could you not take a look at it when offered. Something not many else have been able to do. The one blunder would be on Palm's side if they said not to mention much about the Pre. There was so much hype in him getting a private showing. And there's no real review and info from him today about it. Wasted press.
    What i was trying to say is that he would've known its not out yet but by looking at it he accepted that and wouldn't waste his time if not being released yet was a dealbreaker. Release date wasn't a factor here. A lack of a feature was..
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    If he says he loves the Pre on the air, then Palm will probably make another few hundred thousand sales from that endorsement alone.
    video Sound's fart toot tone - commercial - invention, commercial, ring - videos kewego

Is that Lynn Fox in the video?
    Last edited by galavanter; 04/07/2009 at 04:37 PM.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by galavanter View Post
    OT - that video was pretty funny
    Is that Lynn Fox in the video?
    RU serious??
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I think if Stern knew that a developer was going to make an app to run his lotus notes then he would've had different thoughts. I pretty sure that his notes app would've worked with the Classic app but who knows. He made a bad choice now he's going to have to live with it. See ya Stern.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234